Pics of Liquid Stone YF-19

wwwmwww

Very nice model. I think at least half MW want this.

more like all of MW wants it :rolleyes:

Very nice model. I think at least half MW want this.

more like all of MW wants it :rolleyes:

I will not be sure of that, watch the poll in the toy section.

Call me a spoil-sport, but he engineered that thing to look too much like a toy. A toy that you can still easily obtain in larger scale and sturdier for 1/10th the price, mind you.

Oh well, it actually is a toy, We dont know how much is sturdy, basically is a little yf-19 very limited prodution garage toy, a lot of people will want it as low cost mass produced yf-19 toy, its so far the nicer sculpt yf-19 toy.

It's probably sturdier that any MPC veritech. :p

Thanks for the pics wwwmwww.

This kit has been discussed to death, hasn't it?

You are welcome.

And yes, it's been discussed quite a bit. However till now I don't think it's been mentioned that it came with the fast pack parts. I wonder why Liquid Stone doesn't have any pictures with the fast pack parts on their site.

Carl

Meh.

Call me a spoil-sport, but he engineered that thing to look too much like a toy.

I think that was Liquid Stone's intent actually. I'm guessing they were hoping this kit would follow the same path their VB-6 kit did. I'm still hoping it does but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Carl

Certainly similiar is some regards I'm sure. As I don't have the completed 10 piece limited version and my one like the one on eBay isn't assembled it'd be hard for me to give a list of differences but I'm sure there are many. The obvious one is that one is moldeled in color and comes assembeled (well sort of) and the other doesn't. But I believe their newest one is also redesigned in many of the finer details as well.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

I wouldn't exactly call this thing a toy IDO. I do wish that it will follow the same route as its monster brother, but the fact of it is, in the end it is a resin model. I think captain america was basically pointing out that while its a resin model, it should look more like a model since no doubt it feels like one being made out of resin with small pieces and such. Calling it a toy would be kind of wrong. I mean the tolerances of resin are totally different than plastic and over time the model itself might have really loose parts. Even if they were to totally mold the thing in ABS with some diecast, it might not work, some changes would be needed, however minimal they would be.

but if the size was increased it would be easier to work with.

From all photos posted, i still think it looks like a floppy banpresto. Not worth the cash. I'm just imagining buying a floppy banpresto for....a million dollars. :blink:

I agree with Blackaces, there really seems to be not much differences between the two 19's!

Okay, one is pre-built and has colour resin parts but that is it. I always thought though that the latest incarnation limited to 10 pieces was a complete new design :huh:

Too bad none of us have both kits or even the new 19, at least then we can make a comparission!

Andy :)

The are the same only in that they are both variable YF-19 garage kits. Actually, if you study them carefully, it's easy to see that there are a huge number of differences between the older IHP kit and the newer LS version.

Despite being sculpted by the same person, they are completely different kits. After looking at the photos of both the parts and the completed kits, I seriously doubt that there is a single shared component between them.

Graham

Meh.

Call me a spoil-sport, but he engineered that thing to look too much like a toy. A toy that you can still easily obtain in larger scale and sturdier for 1/10th the price, mind you.

thats a common speculation. that he intentionaly made it toylike so it could be mass produced at 1/10 the price by Yamato.

I wouldn't exactly call this thing a toy IDO. I do wish that it will follow the same route as its monster brother, but the fact of it is, in the end it is a resin model. I think captain america was basically pointing out that while its a resin model, it should look more like a model since no doubt it feels like one being made out of resin with small pieces and such. Calling it a toy would be kind of wrong. I mean the tolerances of resin are totally different than plastic and over time the model itself might have really loose parts. Even if they were to totally mold the thing in ABS with some diecast, it might not work, some changes would be needed, however minimal they would be.

but if the size was increased it would be easier to work with.

It's built as a toy, it's not a model kit, it's much more simplier that a model kit and haven't a lot of details, look just how big are some connectors.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/rs-labo/

The LS yf-19 and IHp sculpt looks pretty much the same but probably they differ in the joints and transformation.

The LS differently form the IHP one haven't a lot of exposed screws and it has some clear pieces on the wings roots and nosecone (the clear hybrib sensors are a nice touch, previous yf/vf-19 have poor ones)

There is no way you can compare it to a banpresto vf-1, the banpy is much smaller and poorly built with cheap plastic, its so floppy cause it use awful plastic ball joints and fugly "hinges".

Edited by Ido

Out of topic... On the link above, I found this:

netvine03.jpg

netvine02.jpg

:blink::blink::blink::huh:

WEIRD!

I'm not sure what to say about Mr. Hanky but that girl has a stem coming out of the top of her head. I guess she grew on that plant behind her like to two other little girls. Very very odd...

The things that make you go "Hmmmm....."

Carl

Meh.

thats a common speculation. that he intentionaly made it toylike so it could be mass produced at 1/10 the price by Yamato.

Never gonna happen.

Yamato already have a transformable YF-19 1/72 sku that's been out for a few years, and the market for it has probably waned by now. Why on EARTH would they invest a small fortune in all-new tooling for something that they already have?

They haven't even seen fit to re-issue their EXISTING YF-19 (with or without FAST packs, I might add) so he's kidding himself if he thinks that Yamato will renew the MAC + liscence and dish-out 100 grand + to market/re-tool/repackage a so-so-selling toy in an orphan scale, just because he made a few "improvements."

Out of topic... On the link above, I found this:

netvine03.jpg

netvine02.jpg

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :huh:

WEIRD!

Maybe something like this Cosplayer. A hot Chili-babe!!!

Hanabero-tan!! :D

She comes with the issue of Netrunner magazine.

I think Graham lost an auction for it a while back, and was rather torn up about it too.

More like Graham's number didn't get drawn to buy one of the 10pcs at Wonder Fest and then I lost not one, but two auctions to buy one.....sigh :(

Graham

sorry to contradict you guys, but... let me express my opinion...

I'd like Hasegawa to make transformable models...

If they did, they'd beat Bandai and Arii easily :) Of course making a model that's both highly detailed AND transformable would cost them time and hard work :( Maybe so much that they would'nt find it economically interesting.

• 5 months later...

guess what, thyre from my detolf display case :) ~!

just kiddin...I took it from Yahoo Jp... :ph34r: sorry if anyone here is the owner of the pic. I beg your mercy & forgiveness for not letting you know in advance....kill me as you wish, or throw me in an island full of Robocrap :lol: