Sousei no Aquarion.

the thing i'm really starting to dislike is the fact they're making the solar aquarion seem like it's the most powerful of the 3 forms... <_<

Yeah why bother with any other configs and with anyone else piloting the head? For that matter why launch as seperate vehicles. We all know he's the "chosen one"!

I wonder how well balanced all the mecha will be. With all they have on the back, it will be a big problem mostly if it s made with metal.

The separate vehicules look good but for the robot, the back is too much present.

I may be wrong but sometimes I feel the colors change in robot mode, like in gundam seed, to have all the robot in the same color :|, or they have all the 3 colors and it s hiden when they combine. anyways i feel some getta robot magic in the transform.

The thing I like about it is the fighters look cool as fighters and the robot looks cool as a robot. You wouldn't suspect that these things combine because the seperate peices transform enough to actually hide what they are when seperated.

The extra stuff on the back doesn't worry me. I like "winged" mecha andit's supposed to look like an angel.

Oh yeah saw ep6. The girl having the orgasms is always eating food for some reason. First chocolate sticks, now icecreams.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

the fighters look cool as fighters and the robot looks cool as a robot.

Oh, we've never seen a series like that, before, have we? :lol:

Seriously, though, I do agree. I really like that they combine together somewhat seamlessly. And, while I'm not too big on the colors, they look much better than I expected, as they're somewhat weathered and toned down, and I love the AC-esque designs.

So are these people (lets call them Aquarion Force, for lack of a better term) actually planning on saving any of the civilians at some point in the series? For all their efforts to get in touch with themselves, align their spirit energy or whatever mumbo jumbo they choose for the week, they have yet to rescue a single civilian from these big harvester things. Apollo remembering his former life is little consolation for the restof us when we're sucked into a building or tractor beamed into those funky ships.

Is anyone else starting to tire of this show? I really liked it at first, but now it's just becoming monster/power of the week stuff. The characters are cool, but there doesn't seem to be much progression going on as far as the whole overarching plot. I'm still not seeing any civillians getting saved in spite of all these cool powers they keep finding within themselves. I guess if this keeps up there won't be anyone left except the pilots so they'll be forced to do the whole DBZ cop out of having everyone magically brought back in the final episode.

Is anyone else starting to tire of this show? I really liked it at first, but now it's just becoming monster/power of the week stuff. The characters are cool, but there doesn't seem to be much progression going on as far as the whole overarching plot. I'm still not seeing any civillians getting saved in spite of all these cool powers they keep finding within themselves. I guess if this keeps up there won't be anyone left except the pilots so they'll be forced to do the whole DBZ cop out of having everyone magically brought back in the final episode.

I got tired of it around the second episode. <_<

And the repetitiveness is just part of the 70s Super Robot show style that everyone keeps telling me I should just accept, for some reason.

If this was a Saturday morning cartoon, then fine, but it's on after midnight so what's the big deal with the dumbed-down, cliche-bound style already?

I don't very much care for the characters, either. But, we'll see how this turns out, it's still early days yet.

I'm guessing Silvia isn't that different from Apollo

Serious case of the munchies. The difference though is that the red-headed kid ate rats raw. (without even getting any disease or anything) Really disgusting.

If this was a Saturday morning cartoon, then fine, but it's on after midnight so what's the big deal with the dumbed-down, cliche-bound style already?

Maybe all the kids of the 70s who have now grown into adults miss those old shows and want to see them again? Japan is an aging population. Perhaps they figure by targeting older audience they can get them into buying toys again?

Seriously, though, I do agree. I really like that they combine together somewhat seamlessly. And, while I'm not too big on the colors, they look much better than I expected, as they're somewhat weathered and toned down, and I love the AC-esque designs.

I also like the look of those regular fighters. The cannon fodders of Aquarion. Too bad they are useless in the story. :D

I'm still not seeing any civillians getting saved in spite of all these cool powers they keep finding within themselves. I guess if this keeps up there won't be anyone left except the pilots so they'll be forced to do the whole DBZ cop out of having everyone magically brought back in the final episode.

We haven't seen the true power of the main villain but he kicked the aquarion's ass. There's something about these that remind me of the protodevlin in macross 7. They suck lifeforce, they use mind control on masses of people, they are way too powerful that trying to kill them is near impossible. (especially when you see they can resurrect themselves), and of course like the PD they can disapear when they want to by escaping into a gate in the sky which they do often (similar to the PD folding out of the battlefield)

The atlanteans lost the light and now they want it back. Similar to the PD, where they are awesome demonic beings with infinite power that threatens the existance of the human race, we will probably be forced to sympathises with the enemy in the end: "they are only dark angels cuz the light was stolen, we should pity them since they can't survive without feeding off others"

I believe that there may be a dark side to the aquarion, when it turned all black it was tapping into all the negative emotions of the pilots (light was sapped) which forced a seperation. Just an observation. I believe it is the fear that made the ancient aquarion and the pilot lock his memory away to forget events of the past and this hampers the performance of the machine. By relearning the moves of the past MegamanX-Style it gets gradually stronger. I think the main weakness of the enemies might be light itself which is why solar is effective against them. They are essentially vampires.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yeah, I'm starting to get bored as well, if it's going somehwere then it's sure as hell taking it's time about it.

The fact that it's only (basically) one robot doesn't help it, the brave series were quite repetative when looked at overall but they kept it interesting by constantly introducing new robots and weapons.

It's still flash as hell and I'm going to keep watching untill the point where I actually forget to watch a newly downloaded episode. :lol:

Mahou's Episode 7 is out!  ;)

So is A1 & Ak ep 8.......

it was "ehh"

I guess more stuff to complain about but Im too lazy to. U guys can have that fun.

How do A1 & AK's quality compare to Mahou's? Mahou is REALLY dragging their feet these days... I'm still waiting for their Trinity Blood Ep. 3, grr...

Honestly I prefer Mahou. But it doesent make much difference to me. Although I wish A1 & Ak would focus on their speedy release of another series before Aquarion. <_<

My favorite part of ep 8 was when the two new younger pilots (names I cant remember cuz Im at work) were asking Reika and Pierre for advice about the "first time" :lol:

Still waiting for Aquarion to save people.... <_<

Edited by Legend of TSXer

Aone subs for this series are more accurate in terms of names (Mahou translated Lihua into Reika) but i got annoyed at the usual conversations for aone's subs as it loses the literal meaning to translate it into something more American.

Anyway.... although pacing is slow due to character development, i hope Aquarion picks up soon. Sirius seems to be the future badguy/traitor by the end of this. And about names, it seems the main characters are named after constellations/stars. And there's alot of Zen buddhism/hinduism terms being thrown about...more than i care to do research on.

Aone subs for this series are more accurate in terms of names (Mahou translated Lihua into Reika) but i got annoyed at the usual conversations for aone's subs as it loses the literal meaning to translate it into something more American.

Anyway.... although pacing is slow due to character development, i hope Aquarion picks up soon. Sirius seems to be the future badguy/traitor by the end of this. And about names, it seems the main characters are named after constellations/stars. And there's alot of Zen buddhism/hinduism terms being thrown about...more than i care to do research on.

Reika is an acceptable translation for the same Kanji, and is accurate to series pronounciation. The english translation on the Japanese site is irrelavent.

Reika is an acceptable translation for the same Kanji, and is accurate to series pronounciation. The english translation on the Japanese site is irrelavent.

IIRC, Mahou even has a page explaining their choice of translation for that name. Essentially, they're using the Japanese pronounciation for the kanji, while "Lihua" is the Chinese pronounciation.

IIRC, Mahou even has a page explaining their choice of translation for that name. Essentially, they're using the Japanese pronounciation for the kanji, while "Lihua" is the Chinese pronounciation.

Oh ok then...thanks. ;)

Reika is what's said so I prefer Mahous subs, I dl'ed AonEk's ep 7 to cjeck it out and it just bugged me everytime her name was said and something entirely different came up in the text. Nerdy I know but oh well, I'm starting to have a lot of patientce for this series...

Please, something exciting happen...

Well, I got a real kick out of the ever-extending punch to the moon... but for some reason that turned out to be more hilarious than "interesting breakthrough"...

Maybe they're just taking their blessed time to set everything up...

• 2 weeks later...

Saw ep 9 last nite and it was better than 7 and 8. Well atleast I thought so. But theres good news for once.....THEY SAVE PEOPLE!

My two favorite parts were 1: in Sirus' dream with him floating and lil mini Apollos telling him he basically sucks. :p 2: the ending with Apollo. :lol:

But finally...some progress :rolleyes:

Personally I find Mahou's subs to be great, but I'm getting really irritated that they can't produce a single episode anymore cause they're in translator hell.

-_- guess I'm with AnimeKingdom or whatever.