Sousei no Aquarion.

Personally I find Mahou's subs to be great, but I'm getting really irritated that they can't produce a single episode anymore cause they're in translator hell.

-_- guess I'm with AnimeKingdom or whatever.

awww...yeah, mahou's fansubs are better than anime-kingdom...grr saw episode 7 and ended up with the whole "WTF is this?!" type mentality when i finished it...i was barely able to understand the whole episode...and they were too wordy like put in a whole long sentence for something that could be said in two words...i can't bring out an example since i deleted ep- 7 and replaced it with mahou's sub :p

How long is Aquarion supposed to run anyhow? If its only ~26 episodes, they had better get cracking and make with the plot already!

Awww! Come-on, the only reason your watching it is because it's got what'shisfaces name on the designs. Besides it's big robot action who needs a plot!!! :lol:

I finally caught the first episode of this show by way of The Girlfriend. I was certainly expecting not to like it, I mean I'm not fond of the mech designs, and I really wanted something more Macross-like from Shoji, rather than a Super Robot show. However, despite all the cheese, or maybe because of it, I found myself loving the entire episode, much more than the first couple episodes of Eureka 7 wich seemed to have more going for it.

I dunno, it's early yet for both shows, and I highly enjoyed episode 3 of Eureka. We'll see.

Just DL episode 10. I am really liking the series, I cannot wait for the toys to come out...although I would have preferred staying with the Mahou subs, they are way too slow, so I am going with the AnimeOne.

Twich

• 4 weeks later...

For those who have forgotten that this show gets subbed, (like me) well A1-Ak has subbed ep 11.

Wasent really that great or good. It was just like another filler ep. Aquarion did look pretty kool with Reika being the head tho.

That gurl and her crush for her "Sempai" Reika kinda annoys me. And of course Aquarion wouldent be Aquarion without the "Silvia older bro complex". <_<

Was hoping for more story development. Probably in the eps that havent been subbed yet. <_<

Honestly there doesn't seem to be any type of filler in this series. Every episode contains character development that's important to the story I feel. Just because each episode doesn't make some grand bit of information about the enemy known doesn't mean it's filler or filler like. Filler would be if there was no character development, if nothing about the characters changed or if it was all slapstick comedy.

It was interesting to see the development on Lihua though and more of her backstory with Glen and Sirius. I don't think she and Apollo have had that much intereaction so that was nice to see in this episode as well. It looked like she's finally over her "I cause misfortune" problem or at least finally working through it but I wonder what happen to Glen.

I was surprised to see those kids still alive though.

Ok. Well your right. It gave info on the background of soem characters. And it did give more story for Glen.

And what I should have said, to be more specific, was that the "Winged people" didnt show any sort of plan in this ep. They didnt show Tomas or that Bug guy from ep 10. All they showed was a Water Blob capturing a bus, stoping a train, and rendering a birdge useless. Maybe I should have said that instead of calling it all a filler ep with no development.

Is there a term for a ep with "no bad guy development"? <_<

The problem with aquarion is not the characters at all , it does have character development , we know who everyone is and how they respond to different situations in their own way , the actual problem lies with its premise and its plot development. The actual Story hasn´t gone far at all , it´s been all about the characters , there is no plot setting for the characters to interact with.

The trainning is getting annoying at this rate , the only good outcome of their efforts has been those kids rescued from their dreams so far.

You cold say : yeah but they´ve advanced a lot by facing their fears along the episodes.

So ? they still don´t show any sort of unity between them and they still have no direct relationship with their enemies , there are no personal conflicts with them , they only worry about the enemy when they show up to abduce citizens and that´s all , it like going out for picnic at weekends.

The only character that has shown the opossite to this is Apolo who has lost his best friend to the Fallen Angels.

The Aquarion seems to be a mere tool for the characters and their past lives are of no significance to the characters or their current conflict ( I´m sure this will chance sometime , but it should´ve been developed earlier in the series ).

Aside from this points Aquarion is still imprissive and has a lot more potential to progress trough the episodes alas it will still be remembered as yet another series suffering of ¨slow and uninteresting first episodes- syndrome¨.

Edited by Aegis!

Episode 12 was pretty good. Finally some backgroudn info on Apolloinus, Toma, and Siren. The love triangle was hinted at before but it's even clearer now. Well square if you count the Shadow Angel that is always with Toma.

Not fighting though until the end of the episode it seems.

Seems Apollonius was pretty evil before hooking up with Siren. I'm even more curious now as to what actually happen between the two of them that causes him to go good and fall in love with her. Clearly Toma was quite sad about that, even offering to spare Siren's life if Apolloinus would just come back to him. Yet Apolloinus was willing to rip his wings off just to save her himself, much to Toma's horror and the other Shadow Angels.

Cool thing is that Apollo and Silvia actually remember parts of what was shown to us now. Even before that flashback they seemed to be getting along with him trying to cheer her up a bit. Now that Toma is directly assulting the Deava base himself and showing himself to Apollo who now knows who Toma is, things should be getting pretty interesting.

Also what's up with the Fudo and the female scientist. Are they an item? It kinda seemed like that. With her asking him if he had told anyone about his feelings. I'm guessing about her.

I'd like to know why the girl in the wheelchair reacted the way she did. Wish I could remember her name, would be easier if I had a list of the characters since there is a good number of them, the vampire like girl. Same thing with Sirius. Perhaps they each were experiencing flashbacks the way Apollo and Siliva did but different ones.

Edited by Effect

FINALLY!!!

IT TOOK THEM 10 FREAKING EPISODES FOR AQUARION TO FINALLY HAVE A PLOT!!! WOOHOO! :lol::blink:B))

Mate , I´m telling you , if there´s a show that´s good at wasting 10 episodes for the sake of fanservice and sexual inuendo then that´s Aquarion , FORTUNATELLY they´ve finally achieved to restore my hopes of this show with Ep.12 and 13.

For anyone who felt dissapointed with this show just like I did before watching Ep.12 and 13 please do yourself a favour and watch them NOW! cause for the first time in a long time AQUARION IS ENJOYABLE AGAIN!!!

Not only we get the much awaited and delayed background story of the shadow angels and Apollonious+Toma+Siren , we get high quality action ( and animation too).

The characters are free of the terrible cliche´s affecting them since episode 2 onward

and the drama unveiled whithin these episodes is really appealling.

I really hope they actually keep things at this level and finally get in motion with the plot.

I really was loosing hopes for aquarion , now I can say there´s a big chance of it not sucking :D

I agree.....these last two episodes have made me interested in the series again. Let's just hope it isn't another ten episodes before they decide to expand the main storyline.

...and give Apollo a damn flight suit already! :lol:

eh, I would love to get onto the show... if only mahou would get their stuff together and finish subbing the latest eps!! :angry:

314608[/snapback]

I hear ya......all this talk of it getting good and my stubborness with staying with mahou................where is them episodes!!?!??!

Hopefully they will release a few at once as the did with Blood Trinity... :rolleyes:

eh, I would love to get onto the show... if only mahou would get their stuff together and finish subbing the latest eps!! :angry:

Anybody know the release date for the Aquarion chogokin?

314608[/snapback]

Hey, the new issue of Figure Oh has all the latest info on the Chogokin, complete with a step-by-step photo guide of the overly-complex transformation process. It looks pretty cool... but also pretty fragile.

I think the release date was written but I've forgotten it now. Anyway, it's soon, I think! :p

Thank god for Chinese subbers who've got Aquarion subbed to Ep17 by now. It's good to be able to read Chinese.

The bad news is...everything after Ep12 is back to "normal" character development. The plot goes AWOL again.

ARGG!!!! I thought all the waiting was worth it, those two episodes just kicked major ass, then they go back to the Monster of the Week routine + more character development.

Not that comedy and character development is bad, but not at the expense of a coherent plot.