Sousei no Aquarion.

ok I have watched episode 1 - 9 of this and all i can say more is where in thr hell do I get more. :lol:  :lol:

316319[/snapback]

Well, you could jump to other fansub groups... I think a few of us are still holding on to the hope that mahou will be releasing... soon... maybe <_<

For what it's worth.........and just a little more patience.......I rec'd the follwoing reply from mahou when asking about Sousei...

On 2005-08-02 03:03 +0000, Grand Cannon wrote:

> Hi,

>

> Will you have any further episodes coming out?

We do, we won't drop a series so don't worry we're just really busy at the moment.

mahou.

(sorry for the delay in replying.)

No definitive schedule, but at least it's something.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Anime-one released more episodes lately, it reminded me to watch this show some more. I've been pretty hooked on it. I like the character development and the hints at what's to come. The music's great, and I like the mecha designs. The CGI isn't half bad either, though can look awful at times. Still, the mecha designs warrent it and put it to use, so I can't complain. I'm on 10 right now.

Well, after yet another few character building episodes, Aquarion's plot is finally getting under way with Ep20. I was afraid the storyline would only kick in 3 episodes from the end or something silly like that.

Spoilers

One of the Fallen Angels gets captured and de-winged, which pisses off Touma like there's no tomorrow, and interestingly enough sets off bad feelings with the three stooges (Apollo, Sirius and Silvia) He's on the warpath with a bitching black and neon Cherubim soldier and there's a showdown slated for Ep21. Also, quite a bit of "history" was covered in Ep19 and Ep20

Can't wait to see how the rest of the story plays out, now that the background's well and truly set out.

Closer ups of the Chogokin Aquarion. Taken from some other forum.

Solar Aquarion

aq01.jpg

Solar Aquarion Close Up

aq02.jpg

Vector Sol

aq03.jpg

Aquarion Luna

aq04.jpg

Aquarion Luna Close Up

aq05.jpg

Vector Luna

aq06.jpg

Aquarion Mars

aq07.jpg

Aquarion Mars Close Up (seriously....Mars looks like crap)

aq08.jpg

Vector Mars

aq09.jpg

Looking at those photos...the Luna Aquarion's shoulders are WAY too boxy, and Mars just looks like crap, I think it had the worse of the all the compromises done to it in the name of "perfect gattai transformation" However, Solar Aquarion looks pretty much spot on. Why am I not surprised? :D

Although Aquarion's done in CG, there's still quite a bit of anime magic going on to make the transformations "work". Aquarion Mar's proportions here compared with the official look Aquarion official page look just don't jib. Shoulders, and also the distance of the arms from the body, are really obvious.

Oh well, the curse of the gattai robots, but hey, we still love the show.

Now where's my Mugen Punch accessory??? I DEMAND A MUGEN PUNCH ACCESSORY to scale!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ep22 just came out.

It looks like we've just broken a record. The plot is finally getting started, a lot of loose ends are being tied up, and finally Aquarion's got a story that goes beyond one or two episodes at a time, as 23 will be carrying on the story from 20 and 21.

Major changes have happened, but the series doesn't look like it'll end anytime soon. I'm definitely happy I stuck it through the past episodes where it was all character development, it really is starting to come together now.

(for the mugen punch accessory there is always this)

I am kinda unsatisfied in the anime Kawamori has so little role. According to the credits on the official site, he worked in episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 13, 17 and so on (he seems to do scriptwriting more than storyboarding). It's not a coincidence these are among the best episodes. Most other monster-of-the-week episodes lack Shadow Angels and even Rena.

Now, if only someone subbed the remaining episodes... <_<

(by the way, I already sketched something about the chakras here in this thread, but I think the form wasn't very incisive. Now I wrote a complete article on the chakra system and Aquarion and posted it in Kabitzin's blog. Hope some may find it interesting.)

FV

Edited by Final Vegeta

Legend: I watch the Chinese subs which come out pretty quick, I gave up on the English subs ages ago when they started lagging seriously. I mean, I don't think anything beyond Ep12 is out in English, when the series and the Chinese subs are up to 22 already? I ain't waiting that long! Sorry if you can't read Chinese...but if you do, get eMule, just search for Aquarion, and download like crazy. The quality of the subbing is surprisingly good.

FV: Hehehe, that ain't long enough...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, just saw the last 6 minutes or so of episode 20-something. Blame it all on stupid scheduling, I've missed tons of episodes and dunno what the hell is going on. Anyway. It's gotten really cool, cos now there's TONS of Vectors, and the other Aquarions look kickass.

wow thanks Wolfx for those pics. Now to come up with the funds to buy 4 of each!

For some reason I like the unpainted version. It has that low-vis look to it!  ;)

328096[/snapback]

If I recall correctly the other Aquarions in the show were kind of low-viz. Anyway, they weren't all primary-coloury. Wonder who will make a custom...? :p

Edited by Renato

wow thanks Wolfx for those pics. Now to come up with the funds to buy 4 of each!

For some reason I like the unpainted version. It has that low-vis look to it!  ;)

328096[/snapback]

If I recall correctly the other Aquarions in the show were kind of low-viz. Anyway, they weren't all primary-coloury. Wonder who will make a custom...? :p

328170[/snapback]

I'm glad you said that, if they're just repaints or even slight variations then I wouldn't expect Bandai to pass the idea by.

328096[/snapback]

328170[/snapback]

I'm glad you said that, if they're just repaints or even slight variations then I wouldn't expect Bandai to pass the idea by.

328289[/snapback]

In the show, are the grey versions you speak of "Mass Production Models" ?

What's there survival ratio?

Has the 'Brownie' curse been transfered to aquarion?

/wishes fansubers would get a move on

Warning: Massive Spoilers for those who have not seen up to Ep23

The "Mass Production" model Aquarions (yes, multiple!) are manufactured by the Earth military in cooperation with DEAVA. They're formally called the Heavy Assault Type Aquarion (that's the best translation I can come up with), and have weaponery out to the wazoo with lots of big guns and lots of missile (Macross missile storm is back with a vengeance), not to mention its version of Getter's Mach Flash (?) dodge (disassemble and reassemble incredibly quickly)

The only one we have seen in action at the moment can be controlled by one person only, with the other Vector machines being controlled by an autopilot system. They're "powered" by the feathers snipped off the captured Futaba. Arguably more powerful in a straight up fight than the Aquarion itself, it handed the defector Sirius in Cherubim Mars (Vector Mars combined with a Cherubim soldier) his ass. Fudo is not very impressed with them though.

Looks like Aquarion's going to be a 26 episode story, we're up to 23 now, and it's showing major signs of the final battle coming up. Kick ass.

All of the recent pics I have seen show it having a stand in each mode holding it up from the back. Could just be a proto looseness thing but it's not a good sign, I'm waiting for reviews now.

328704[/snapback]

There are loads of pics out actually... Some of the best are in Figure Oh magazine, they've got the thing doing high kicks and everything. You could try pestering Graham or somebody to get the scans, but I'm sure they're up on the net somewhere...

The penultimate episode was shown last night, so it's time for some

SPOILERS

Bear in mind I have missed a lot of episodes in between #14 and #20 or so.

OK, the Mass-produced Aquarions kick ARSE. And they also seem to transform to crab-type things with cannons on the back which remind me of those guys in Patlabor, can't remember their name...

One of them is controlled by Glen, the guy who was in a coma for most of the series after the first episode, but apparently he hadn't fully awoken yet so he did not recognise Reika, however by the time he did, it was time for his showdown with that horned baddie. Cue Guld Goa Bowman style death.

More surprising is the battle between Sirius (in the Aquarion combined with the Cherubim) and Apollo in Solar Aquarion, as Sylvia watches on... Very Mac Plus here. After a lot of crap, the main baddie dude controls the Cherubim's arm to get it to stab itself, apparently killing Sirius. To be continued!!

Spoilers OVER.

All in all the whole thing is a party mix of Escaflowne, Macross Zero and Macross Plus. :) Not the best show, but certainly the best out there at the moment, bar none. Big finale is next week! :p

Edited by Renato

All of the recent pics I have seen show it having a stand in each mode holding it up from the back. Could just be a proto looseness thing but it's not a good sign, I'm waiting for reviews now.

328704[/snapback]

There are loads of pics out actually... Some of the best are in Figure Oh magazine, they've got the thing doing high kicks and everything. You could try pestering Graham or somebody to get the scans, but I'm sure they're up on the net somewhere...

330212[/snapback]

Now those pics, I definately haven't seen.

You're making the show sound cool now, I'd still be downloading it but the subs have disaapeared. :(