Sousei no Aquarion.

Legend: I watch the Chinese subs which come out pretty quick, I gave up on the English subs ages ago when they started lagging seriously. I mean, I don't think anything beyond Ep12 is out in English, when the series and the Chinese subs are up to 22 already? I ain't waiting that long! Sorry if you can't read Chinese...but if you do, get eMule, just search for Aquarion, and download like crazy. The quality of the subbing is surprisingly good.

FV: Hehehe, that ain't long enough...

325594[/snapback]

Thank you! just what I wanted to know.

I enjoy Aquarion despite its "old style" flaws. I admit the story dragged a lot, and I was worried it could have become too much a "save the little children" show, as seen in some episode (although they were still fun to watch). I nevertheless appreciate Apollo as one of the best recent character; any comparison with famous angsty teen mecha pilots is a moot.

It is comforting now that even people who were initially displeased by it view Aquarion more favourably. I saw in the official site Kawamori is credited in the last episode, so I have great hopes for the final (but I won't look for spoilers), since episode 13 has clearly shown Kawamori does still have the touch.

(I am still pissed the subbing of Aquarion didn't progress further :( Learning Japanese is becoming appealing ;) )

FV

I must agree with Renato, Ep25 cranked it on. Unexpected deaths, backstabby goodness, and what's shaping up to be the fight to end all fights in Aquarion. Oooh yeah.

Glen's Guld Goa Bowman moment was actually pretty sweet, except he seems to have taken a major nerfing in power level this episode. I mean, geez, he was absolutely pwning (I make no apologies for using pwnage, it really was) Cherubim Mars, but now against Moroha he's not much more than a punching bag? I don't buy that. Especially as Cherubim Mars was stated later in the episode to be an even match for Solar Aquarion, and Solar Aquarion had already pummeled the crap out of Moroha before...

Moroha < Solar Aquarion = Cherubim Mars < Heavy Assault Type Aquarion < Moroha??? :blink:

Definitely wasn't expecting Otoha to get caned, and when it's by Silvia De Alisia in hand to wing combat, now that's really out of the blue.

Really looking forward to the final episode.

It's definitely time to start tracking down the raws to at least get caught up with the series.

As far as I know, Aquarion hasn't been licensed yet. Mahou seems to be slow on all of their subtitling projects.

331033[/snapback]

But at least they respond to questions and assure viewers of their plans to continue subbing... unlike some other more popular groups who mysteriously stop subbing and threaten to ban anybody who asks the Question on their forums <_<

Episode 12 and 13 were nice, good battles sequence, watch out from Aquarion Soluna! (Didn't they thought about use aquarion mars instead?)

Btw, why waste tons of conventional weapons like missles on the Kerubins? If they were effective they wouldn't have to use Aquarions in first place. :blink:

Based on what I read from the official homepage, there seems to be a "Heavy Assault Type Aquarion". Apparently besides switching modes between three forms, it includes a "Walker" mode that looks suspiciously similar to a Gerwalk mode. Hmm...

332649[/snapback]

You mean its an official mode? Pictures?

For all you Aquarion fans, here's 3 pages of scans of the new toy from the November issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine. Enjoy!

Page 1. Click on pic to enlarge.

acq1.jpg

Page 2. Click on pic to enlarge.

acq2.jpg

Page 3. Click on pic to enlarge.

acq3.jpg

Some non-standard transformations can be seen on pages 2 & 3.

Graham

Based on what I read from the official homepage, there seems to be a "Heavy Assault Type Aquarion". Apparently besides switching modes between three forms, it includes a "Walker" mode that looks suspiciously similar to a Gerwalk mode. Hmm...

332649[/snapback]

You mean its an official mode? Pictures?

332669[/snapback]

Here's the link.

The pics are towards the bottom.

The pic next to the Aquarion Angel mode is the Heavy Assault Type's Armageddon Mode and the last pic is the Assault Walker Mode.

ProjectPhoenix: Cool. Which is the Aquarion angel? The one that looks like one of those Military Vectors joined with the regular vectors?

The military versions make the Aquarion look even more like armoured core. Nice. :)

Btw, thanks for the pics Graham.

it looks they finally added a stand. well it s a good honest choice as it cant have a great balance. they oriented the toy to be close to the anime, good choice. it looks they made the good sacrifice. i think i ll probably get it :rolleyes:

the different mode look very well detailed, it would be nice to have some comparison pic with a 1/48 valk, soc dan, 1/12 votoms or something about the same size. how much die cast in the toy ??

Well it certainly took it's time but with the latest batch of subbed episodes Aquarion has finally proven worthy of keeping up with after all of the build up & special training episodes.

The toy looks amazing, there seems to be a few swappable parts but they also included all the weapons as well.

I see now that the stand is meant to be a bonus for prolonged display rather then a nessacity.

The military versions look hardcore. :D

ProjectPhoenix: Cool. Which is the Aquarion angel? The one that looks like one of those Military Vectors joined with the regular vectors?

Yup, that's the one.

The military versions make the Aquarion look even more like armoured core. Nice. :)

You can say that again! :)

The mass produced(probably a CF like the VF-1A) Heavy Assault Aquarion is piloted by a single Element(pilot) only as oppose to three like the original.

Like Graham, I would love to own the mass produced version DX toy.

For all you SRW fans, imagine the fun having them in the next installment of SRW series!