Sousei no Aquarion.

Well... I was coming to ask if anyone know what was this "Ippatsu Gyakuten-Hen" Theatrical Feature - I guess I have the answer now :lol:

Anyone know if there is a fansub somewhere ? I only managed to find a RAW :(

-Sergorn

Not seen a fansub around, but you don't need one, there's no story. Basically, it IS Macross Seven, but with the Aquarion gang!

And yeah, the title is technically "Ippatsu..." but the other title in English shown on the packaging reads "Hymn of Triumph", so ignore my previous post, they are one and the same. The MAIN movie seems to have just been the OAVs back to back as some have said.

Not seen a fansub around, but you don't need one, there's no story. Basically, it IS Macross Seven, but with the Aquarion gang!

And yeah, the title is technically "Ippatsu..." but the other title in English shown on the packaging reads "Hymn of Triumph", so ignore my previous post, they are one and the same. The MAIN movie seems to have just been the OAVs back to back as some have said.

DID you actually watch the show...its nothing like macross seven. :blink:

DID you actually watch the show...its nothing like macross seven. :blink:

Actually, what Renato tried to say that in his opinion, Aquarion has a story that almost as bad as Macross 7, not that Aquarion is Macross 7 Mk.II :)

But to Kamawori's credit, at least the animation and the OP is good, IMHO. It's not his best work, but at least it's enjoyable for a super robot mecha anime.

Sulendil Ang, you misunderstood: the Aquarion special (Ippatsu Gyakuten-Hen) is Macross 7 with the cast of Aquarion. To make it more clear: in Ippatsu Gyakuten-Hen characters sing. That was what Renato meant.

FV

:rolleyes: Thanks, man.

The rest of you: just watch it and see.

EDIT: Also, thanks for that Youtube link, that was pretty damn well made. :)

Edited by Renato

I just finished watching all of Aquarion, including the OVAs. I always enjoy a good anime that's based primarily on punching stuff. However, is it just me, or did Reika's character seriously get shafted in the OVAs? It's almost as if she's less developed than in the TV series.

I just finished watching all of Aquarion, including the OVAs. I always enjoy a good anime that's based primarily on punching stuff. However, is it just me, or did Reika's character seriously get shafted in the OVAs? It's almost as if she's less developed than in the TV series.

What about Sirius?? Sucks to be him.

And did you watch the movie, too?

I watched all 3 DVDs of Aquarion last night. I was literally mechagasming! ^o^

Funi did an excellent job with the presantation and good afford with the dub; I can even skip the trailers at the start of the DVD, w00t! Dubbing super robot shows is never easy (I think the best one has to be Godannar). Little changes here and there, they toned down the female screams at "merging." Good enough for the cassual viewer but I'll stick to subs for repeated views. From the little I saw of the subs they seem to be very accurate and keep the NENSHIN GATTAI and attacks in Japanese, awesome. If there's anything to complain about, they misspelled Shoji Kawamori's name once on the Op, one of the four times his name appears. Also Funi menu's are always so static, they need a little more animation. The extras are awesome and we get a little pic at Lego Aquarion.

So people, go get Aquarion now! It's cheap and awesome!

It was made so the plot could move in such a short time. Someone had to betray and I glad it was her and not Sirius. And she's obviously not the same person as in the series but I think her development in the OVA was good, she connects everything at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

So I downloaded the Aquarion PS2 game...

Holy crap is that game bad. Total waste of bandwidth and time.

Its a real shame too because it could have been such a good game. All of the elements are there in the story and action...the developers were just too lazy to do a good job.

Edited by jwinges

• 6 months later...

OK I just watched the OVA recently, the MF does seem to borrow some element from here

Most notable:

Big Triangular ending (yeah threesome! well only for the symbol lol, we all know who is the couple)

Silvia get upset when being called princess

The CG fighting style (which also borrows from macross element)

The gun the mecha use is similar to MF

Edited by ntsan

• 10 months later...