Sousei no Aquarion.

Finally got a chance to watch it. Must say I really enjoyed it. The animation, characters, and music were all pretty good. Must say I haven't enjoyed the first episode of a series the way I enjoyed this one in a long time. That and I love the super robot action. Can't wait to see what episode 2 is like. If things get even better I think I might have found a new favorite series. To bad the series won't be longer then 26 episodes(thats the length right?). It feels really good to be excited by a show again. :)

When do the episodes air anyway, what day I mean?

Edited by Effect

img_mecha_01.jpgimg_mecha_02.jpgimg_mecha_03.jpg

From left to right. Aquarion Mars - Solar Aquarion - Aquarion Luna

Also the official site has the Shadow Angels faction up under the characters and mecha sections.

http://www.aquarion.info/chara_mecha/chara_shadow.html

http://www.aquarion.info/chara_mecha/mecha_shadow.html

img_mecha_08.jpgimg_mecha_09.jpgimg_mecha_10.jpg

From left to right. Vector Luna - Vector Sol - Vector Mars

I wonder how much time they'll give the Vector's themselves when compared with the different combined versions of the Aquarion.

Edited by Effect

For the most part. When they combine, one person is the dominate controller based which Vector makes up the head I believe. They each seem to control their own parts of the machine like the legs for example. While the head controls the attacking. Not sure what the one that makes up the middle does. Maybe provide support for everything else, don't know. One machine, three different versions of it.

For the most part. When they combine, one person is the dominate controller based which Vector makes up the head I believe. They each seem to control their own parts of the machine like the legs for example. While the head controls the attacking. Not sure what the one that makes up the middle does. Maybe provide support for everything else, don't know. One machine, three different versions of it.

according ep02... the upper body pilot controls attack, the lower body pilot controls movement, and the back-pack pilot controls defense.

Wow, just downloaded and watched the first episode...I thought it was really fast paced....I guess I need to watch it again, because I didnt really understand what was going on and why, there really was no back story. I guess I should read up on the site a little more, then watch it again....but so far, as far as animation goes, it was really good, I liked it, and having not seen anything like this since the days of Voltron, I am eagerly waiting for the rest of the episodes to be subbed.

Twich

The look like something out of Armored Core...

Please do not insult Armored Core like that.

Graham

You're telling me that green one doesn't look like it's made from Zio Matrix parts?

Oh yeah those look they could be from an AC game. Pretty cool looking. When

are the toys coming?

The look like something out of Armored Core...

Please do not insult Armored Core like that.

Graham

You're telling me that green one doesn't look like it's made from Zio Matrix parts?

Oh yeah those look they could be from an AC game. Pretty cool looking. When

are the toys coming?

I don't think there is a day for it but they will come (I will keep you guys updated)

I really think Bandai spent a lot of money on this anime... :lol:

I browsed internet looking for comments. A lot of people rejected because it was "full of cliché". Whatever. The main character seem to be ripping off a dozen of other designs, there's the loligoth and such. CG = UGLY. In an Italian forum the main point of discussion was the "kimochi ii".

Once I guessed that Kawamori's and Watanabe's styles were incompatible (and actually they even work together!). People who like both dislike little in anime. I think it's still true. This time is Samurai Champloo VS Aquarion.

Well, I am still waiting for the angsty boy :rolleyes:

FV

post-26-1113573447_thumb.jpg

Well the good news is that this show will probably fail, and he'll have to go back to Macross. Actually, about now I'm really worried about any possible new Macross Valkyrie designs. The next ones will probably be combiners with lots of non functional spikes and tubes sticking out the sides, and maybe some neon lights.

Well I hope it doesn't fail. I like the design of the robots and fighters enough to want toys. (and that's probably all that matters in the end :D) I'm wondering how they transform the way they do and think its a work of art just as much as the valkyries from macross. I actually slow motioned the transformation sequence to get a better idea.

Even though I'm not a fan of neon lights these robots are non-military so it makes sense for them to be flashy. Similar to the reason why super heroes wear thier undies on the outside: It's just a tradition to stand out and pose for the camera. :D

Maybe today's generation of kids will grow up with fond memories of this show the way some people today have memories of astroboy/Tetsuwan Atom?

The next ones will probably be combiners with lots of non functional spikes and tubes sticking out the sides, and maybe some neon lights.

Well the protodevlin themselves in macross 7 were actually weapons whose appearance had nothing to do with function, (there were creatures who could levitate cars with thier mind) so I wouldn't be surprised. UN spacy may make advances in weapon technology that allows super robot valks with bright colours to supercede the existing weapons. Maybe a line of valks with energy based swords starts making an apearance to countrer the effects of the pin point barrier and shields of current valk designs? B)) One could argue that the levitating of shin's plane in macross zero through magic has already put the series towards a more fantasy path.

I don't think I would like to see combiner valks in the future but drones would make sense. Imagine a drone which combined with another drone to add boost and this drone communicated instantly by networking (physically or wirelessly) with two other drones to fight more efficiently? Unlike humans computers can think and react much quicker so there wouldn't be as much delay if they combined and controlled each part individually the way the characters do in this show. One drone boosts and controlls movement, the other one targets and fires, and the other acts as brain to form strategies on-the-fly collecting and processing info and learning patterns.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm still waiting for the Mahou or ANBU version of Episode Two.

In the meantime. Here's the HORY FROATING HEAD with a little something in his hand. SOC? :blink:

It looks a prototype of the Perfect Change Gokin toy that Bandai is working on for a fall release. Nothing more is known at the moment.

Well the good news is that this show will probably fail, and he'll have to go back to Macross. Actually, about now I'm really worried about any possible new Macross Valkyrie designs. The next ones will probably be combiners with lots of non functional spikes and tubes sticking out the sides, and maybe some neon lights.

I don't see how you can make a statement like that based on one episode, well maybe two episodes. We have no clue how it's being received in Japan. Cliche isn't a bad thing but even then I don't think that Aquarion so far suffers from that. Sure it has some similar things but so does nearly ever other show. It's what happens when you develop a story, certain things tend to go certain ways, it's what you do after that and how you tell a story is what is important. We'll have to wait till dvds come out to see how well they sell. There is nothing about the show that says it will fail, just because some people dislike what they see.

Who says a show has to be completely original to do well or even to be interesting anyway? Why can't a show or show creator give viewers what they actually want to see even if it might be cliche in some parts(which all shows suffer from I believe)? Or do what they actually want to see and make a show that is just enjoyable and has a decent story?

Anyone know where to find the ratings for episodes 1-3 or does SnA come on cable channels in Japan?

ok the quality is good, but combining robots sucks (only gunbuster is great). kawamori should do a macross tv series with that kind of cgs.

Oh wow, I was thinking exactly the same thing! More specifically, how awesome the city fighting scenes from SnA would be if they did the valkyrie brawl in Macross Plus Ep 2 the same way?

Mahous ep 2 is available now. I just watched it and I'll say this, it's fast and it is certainly going to cause a stir.

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. I watched the first episode yesterday and I really liked it. The first half was kind of strange but the second half was cool.

I really liked the music. I hope this is a big hit for Kawamori. It would be even better if it gets licenced at AX and Kawamori comes to promote it!