New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

The April 2005 issues of both Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby magazine arrived in Hong Kong today. I just picked them up a few minutes ago.

Here's a quick run down of the contents that will be of interest to Macross fans: -

Hobby Japan

Unfortunately, very little Macross related. On page 244, there is a very small pic of the box art by Tenjin for the upcoming Hasegawa VF-1A/J/S fighter mode kit and that's it as far as Macross goes.

Dengeki Hobby

Dengeki Hobby magazine has one whole page devoted to Macross this month (page 141). The top half of the page shows color CAD pictures of the upcoming Yamato 1/48 scale GBP armor. The last time we saw some uncolored lineart CAD pics of the 1/48 GBP was 3 months ago, back in the January hobby mags. While it's nice that we are seeing new pictures, it's a little depressing that in 3 months the only progress seems to be that the CAD pictures are now in color :( !

IMO, it seems doubtful that Yamato even have an actual physical prototype yet, also taking into account that none was displayed at last weekends Winter Wonder Fest <_< . No price is given yet for the 1/48 GBP in the Dengeki article and the release date is still sometime in 2005.

The bottom half of the Dengeki Hobby page features photos of Hasegawa VF-1A/J/S fighter models and a small pic of Tenjin's box art for the upcoming Hasegawa VF-1A/J/S Fighter mode kit release coming in March at a price of 2,100yen.

I'll try to get the Yamato 1/48 GBP pics scanned and posted when I get home tonight.

Graham

i can see this year is going to suck for macross fans, heck even your sigs say that. but i fear not, at some time i am sure we will see a resurgence of stuff. as for a slowing down of merchandise and intrest, it has happened before i think and i am sure it will happen again, but there will always be fans and always be something new at some point. i look forward to seeing those scans.

by the way any really nice gundam MG or GFF stuff?

thanks

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Well, a puny amount of news is better than no news. Thanks, Graham. :)

Regarding this time-travel technology that the magazine industry uses (since it's the April issue and we're still not even in March) I think we can read "2005 release" as "next year". <_<

Anyway, I think Yamato will put a bit more effort into this thing than the putrid VF-0, so it should not be a cancelled project.

All I ask is that I get at least 1 freakin toy from Macross Zero. I would prefer a whole range of Macross Zero Mech, but I will take what I can get.

Twich

PS-Thanks for the update and scan Graham!

Edited by twich

don't tell me those stubbly looking blocks are its hands <_< hopefully it'll come with optional hands like the 1/60...if not i guess i'm gettin a pair of rohby's recast hands...i guess this gives me an excuse to buy another 1/48 :rolleyes:

All I ask of Yamato, is o just complete this one more VF-1 product for the 1/48 series and I'll be content that it was a good run.  Just this one more product...

*crosses fingers*

GLAUG!!!!!!!

I agree there should be many more Macross products. However, it looks like Yamato has run out of steam. We're scrapping the bottom of the barrel here. Even hoping they complete the 1/48 GBP set may be asking too much at this point :(

Edited by Mr March

don't tell me those stubbly looking blocks are its hands <_< hopefully it'll come with optional hands like the 1/60...if not i guess i'm gettin a pair of rohby's recast hands...i guess this gives me an excuse to buy another 1/48 :rolleyes:

Could always use the non-articulated hands that come with the FAST Pack sets. They're much bigger and would look better. Yamato will probably have a set of hands with the GBP anyway.

Well , at least they´re sending material to the magazines which means they still intend to produce at least this one product ( or at least it seems that way).

I have to agree with twich in that the least they can do to demonstrate to us the fans and consumers that they´re a serious company is to for gods sakes finish the job for once in their life time , meaning they should :

1.- finnish the Macross Plus line they´ve promised.

2.- continue the Vf-X2 line that they started

3.- Do justice to the Macross Zero license BW has granted them and take THE ONE CHANCE IN A POSSIBLE 5 YEARS PERIOD that they have to produce toys for a new series. Seriously when do they think they´ll be able to make toys for a newly released Macross series ?

All of their current plans to slow down on Macross seem extraordinarily stupid , considering the recent release of the unexpected Koenig. It´s such a contradiction that I can´t make sense of it all.

Could always use the non-articulated hands that come with the FAST Pack sets. They're much bigger and would look better. Yamato will probably have a set of hands with the GBP anyway.

As long as they are closer to scale than the 1/60 version.

Mark Hamil-GBP pilot

post-4-1109266100.jpg

Edited by Roy's Blues

Looks like the GBP armor will offer no poseability like its little 1/60 brother :( . Too bad....

Unfortunately that may be due, in large part, to the GBPs design, and the fact that, in toy form, a lot of the room that would allow better posability is eaten up by the sidewall thickness of the plastic.

If Yamato's business plans no longer include regular, maybe bi-annual, Macross releases (mere speculation based solely on what has been discussed on these forums), or if they're done with Macross, I hope to see a release of the 1/48 GBP and at least a 1/48 CF in limited edition fashion...they have the molds, why not use them? After that they should relinquish the license to some other company that can take the baton, so to speak.

Only problem with another company taking over is that they would start with the VF-1, just like everybody else. So I would rather Yamato continue to produce Macross products, albeit at a much slower pace.

Folks, I think the celebration is a tad premature. Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but you have to remember if it is in CAD so what? Look at the 1/60 Monster Destroid. We still have heard jack-crap after they showed the prototype at last year's WF. Also we havent seen nor heard about the YF-19 FP.

As much as I want them to continue, I just wish Yamato would at least give us a heads up for once. Based on what I heard about the WF, Yamato looks like they are dropping Macross. :(

Edited by Godzilla

Folks, I think the celebration is a tad premature.

Who's celebrating? This all sounds pretty level-headed to me if not downcast.

Personally, I think we all just want this so badly that the thought of it not actually making it to production bothers us all the more. . . so we are more prone to expressing concern about it.

I think it'll probably make it. I think the FAST Packs sold well. . . and that may be what Yamato is basing its targets for this on.

If they only produce this and a CF 1/48, I'll consider Yamato's run complete.

H

Damn, that looks great. I too hope that it doesn't end up being vaporware...although I'm optimistic, mostly since they did the 1/60 version - seems logical for them to do the same for the 1/48s.

EDIT: And yes, I'm aware they made more 1/60 variants than 1/48s.

Looks great, can't wait to see the customs, and I hope it doesn't take a year and a half to get released!

Edited by Majestic

Ahh ohh can't wait must have :D

I love this custom I hope i can make it look like this when a get 1/48 gbp-1s

myanime0883a2.jpg

from Rich

teaser teaser teaser

Nigah COSPLAYER!!!!!! :lol:

Edited by goldenboy_forever