WonderFest News and "non"Recon Thread

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I think the Koenig Monster might've been Yamato's last test for the Macross market. I wonder how well the Monster sold.  :huh:

I am not sure how well they did but it is almost quite certain that they did not produced a lot of them as not many fans know about this mecha, unless of course they played the game B))

Shops over here are also reluctatnt to stock them up, so only bigger shops have them and sales look not too bright as everytimne I pass by it is still there :(

Andy :)

I'm thinking that yamato probably feels that the Macross toy market is a bit saturated right now?

they have released alot of great toys in the past 3+ years(we really can't complain, alot)but I think that with most of the toys being sold out or reissued they might think that most of the fans

have the toys they want? Macross is at a point where it's hitting a cult like status in the anime world, most fans are in their late 20's early 30's w/kids(watching gundam,fullmetal..ect) younger anime viewers in some cases don't even know about it!!! these shows also face the retro look of past technoligies, the new advancements in quality are expected by the younger fans(remember pong!!)

it's my belief that we will see yamato start up again when the demand outways the expense of development, Also I see a trend of older"retro" shows taking the forefront right now(manzinger,votoms,starblazers )also I do see a trend that is departing from "mecha" based shows for the most part, look at alot of the new shows, most are supported by secondary charaters that are androids,mecha,helper bots and so on. this also seems to be reflected in the toy market latley. and I know that there is alway going to be mecha out there it just seems to have started to be second place right now in most popular series. anyway just my thoughts

The problem is made worse because Kawamori is an extremely busy guy at it sometimes takes up to 2 months to book a 30 minute appointment with him just to get his comments on the latest sculpt modifications.

Graham

If I was Yamato that would piss me off enough to lose interest in producing Macross toys.

I too am hoping this isn't the beginning of the end for macross toys..

:(:huh:

I think Yamato took the Macross Zero toys in the wrong way since the very beggining. Macross Zero looks to be more for fans than for the massive tastes.

In fact MZ lacks so many of the ingredients to be a "popular" animation.

So Why they come out with a PVC cheap toy that looks to be made to satisfy an imaginary fanbase... I bet they could have a better business if they go straight to the collector toy.

Anyways, now we wont even see the crappy PVC Valk.

Bastards. :angry:

i think that yamato laying off the macross for a little while is honestly a good idea

how many damn vf 1's are available

It's true that the market was saturated by VF-1 toys from Yamato, Bandai, Banpresto and Toynami, but Macross is not just about the VF-1.

Most of us here want large scale perfect variable VF-0A/D/S, SV-51 and VF-19FP toys. There's a distinct lack of these in the market at the moment.

Graham

And this whole Macross situation sucks so damn much.

Hope this is not too offtopic, but seriously, what can we do about it? I want more toys, I'm willing to work hard to convince Yamato.

But the Garland looks cool. Posed a bit weird though.

Ok, I have the final and total solution.

I have a company in china, and I have all the licences for import and export, plus the infraestructure, employees and all that jazz.

So why dont you guys rise the capital, I hire the manufacturer and sculptors, and Seiichi goes and buy some Macross rights to produce perfect transformation toys!

Whoooo Hooooo.

So, everything is now set, you fellow MWers only need to invest something like 2.000.000,00 and we will all set! :lol:

I will post my bank account later so you guys can start sending me the cash :ph34r:

i think that yamato laying off the macross for a little while is honestly a good idea

how many damn vf 1's are available

It's true that the market was saturated by VF-1 toys from Yamato, Bandai, Banpresto and Toynami, but Macross is not just about the VF-1.

Most of us here want large scale perfect variable VF-0A/D/S, SV-51 and VF-19FP toys. There's a distinct lack of these in the market at the moment.

Graham

The demand is there but for Yamato as a company, I think its refreshing to work on other lines. The experience and new technology infused into the Garland and Votoms could be brought back out to make those PV M0, M+ and M:VFX toys we always wanted.

I don't see it as a bad thing. If worst comes to worst, we can have Sebastian build those PV Macross toys in China!! Better him than HG right? Maybe ??? :huh::o:unsure::blink:

RighT???!?! :ph34r:

:p

Edited by Neova

I think Yamato took the Macross Zero toys in the wrong way since the very beggining. Macross Zero looks to be more for fans than for the massive tastes.

In fact MZ lacks so many of the ingredients to be a "popular" animation.

So Why they come out with a PVC cheap toy that looks to be made to satisfy an imaginary fanbase... I bet they could have a better business if they go straight to the collector toy.

Anyways, now we wont even see the crappy PVC Valk.

Bastards. :angry:

I agree with Sebastian, as the Macross OVA was aimed at fans, not the general anime watching public, a mass-market toy was pretty pointless and the fans (us) would have been better served by a larger scale 'collector grade' perfect variable version. Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here :D .

While the PVC 1/100 VF-0S would be better than no VF-0 toy at all (just barely :p ), most of us here wanted a larger scale perfect variable version from the beginning.....sigh.

Graham

I have a company in china, and I have all the licences for import and export, plus the infraestructure, employees and all that jazz.

So why dont you guys rise the capital, I hire the manufacturer and sculptors, and Seiichi goes and buy some Macross rights to produce perfect transformation toys!

Whoooo Hooooo.

So, everything is now set, you fellow MWers only need to invest something like 2.000.000,00 and we will all set! :lol:

I will post my bank account later so you guys can start sending me the cash :ph34r:

hahaha! You just want to begin your plans for World Domination. I don't think your investors will be too into this idea. Just go sit down with the bottle of Jack and don't think about this plan any more. :p

I think the Koenig Monster might've been Yamato's last test for the Macross market. I wonder how well the Monster sold.   :huh:

I am not sure how well they did but it is almost quite certain that they did not produced a lot of them as not many fans know about this mecha, unless of course they played the game B))

Shops over here are also reluctatnt to stock them up, so only bigger shops have them and sales look not too bright as everytimne I pass by it is still there :(

Andy :)

Apparently they are selling well everywhere else. So much that there will be a reissue in the next 6 months so I'm told.

Hi all,

I hate to say what everone is thinking..<--- pirate slurs......lol....But the 1/48's sure have spoiled us......All this talk of perfect variable this and that isn't a waste by no means should the maker listen to its now captive audience.......With the price tag on the 1/48's, the monster, the gbp's, and the q-rau's, maybe we need a brake from the toys......I mean a company can only make what the market will allow to sell.......Ya know.....It took 20 yrs just to get the 1/48, I just hope it won't take another to get that kinda quailty in other valks, or mecha, ships n such.....

I totally agree, if you wan't to survive making toys for this crowd, esp. toys after space war 1, then collector's grade is the better way to go....... The demand for valks after space war one, I don't think is as huge as the vf-1......Well other than the 19 maybe....Who knows what the future will bring, after all I've seen on many occasions during my stay here at macross world about the consistency of toy making seeming to go like a undulating wave of sorts......Every couple of years a new product is offered.......Like I said, I just hope it won't take as long to get the quality of a 48 in something new.....

edit: Actually I take the demand idea back, Mac + is the more well recieved story next to the original....With that in mind, you'd think that those toys would be of high demand.....Though how many collectors are there versus fans....Which is why we should get a petition together, a well thought out one with many points of articulation........The problem I see is that no toy maker probably does any reallllllllly good demand researches......How fast did certain toys sell, versus how much money was made....Course information that is readily available when it happens but of course not when you try and revamp something years later....Course I could be wrong.........

HMMM.....Mac 7 seen alot of bootlegs and incarnations or enought to satisfy a market value for bandai.......LOL...Its funny that we as fans think it nutz that someone doesn't make a high quility toy like the 48, cuz we'd buy it....I think that if yamato were to take a look at the record of macross collections as a whole...From the time of conception to now, with all of the toys, models, and other attributes I think they would find a very stable market......Alot of other companies have......Esp. Models, and they are still in high demand.....HMMMM, collectors grade, hmmmm the 48... Only if THEY"D SEE THE LIGHT......

And so we pray.........

You got to pray just to make it today.....

and so we pray,

Pray........PRAAAAYYYY!!!

Edited by e_jacob77

I've heard SOOoo much BITCHING about the fuggin 19 fastpack!!!!

really guys, all they are is "FAST-PACKS". .............................!!!!! <_<

I mean, how difficult would it be too have captain america or another fine sculptor sculpt you some fast-packs for the 19?????

...it just seems like alot of hot air for a couple plastic boosters...gawd you'd think they were the holy grail or somthing; the way people talk about them around here.

the topic seems blown wayyyyyyyyy out of proportion (imo)since the packs and mounting arrangments represent a very simple project for the likes of C.america or others.

so if you really want them so fuggin badly ...go hire someone too make the packs..that's all they are! :angry:

Edited by Feyd-Rautha

ohhh i get ya' ;)

while i love the 19 ...at least several versons already exist...mac7 by bandai , yamato's 2 versions ...sorry 3 versions ..and various kits of the 19.

i'd much rather see resourses go toward valks that haven't yet seen the light of day...of which there are many.

whatever floats thy boat, thou ;)

but Macross is not just about the VF-1.

Actualy G-man, it is

Just look at what has been released over the past 20+ years

VF-1's up the wazoo

Enemy mechs were non existant, 3 or 4 SDF-1's, 1 destroid conversion kit, some trading

figures (and most were VF1's), Hell, we're lucky to have a Q-rau

M+ -very little, MII -Nada, M7 -a few valks, M0 -1 brainfart

Hurray for the few expensive garagekits of the mecha from any of the series

for 20up years, the only thing never forgotten were the valks and those were always

able to sell

and we're gonne be seeing them for another 20 years

maybe not in abundance, or maybe peak like we've seen since 2001

but hopes for a "complete" scala of mechs is more a dream than reality

ohhh i get ya' ;)

while i love the 19 ...at least several versons already exist...mac7 by bandai , yamato's 2 versions ...sorry 3 versions ..and various kits of the 19.

i'd much rather see resourses go toward valks that haven't yet seen the light of day...of which there are many.

whatever floats thy boat, thou ;)

Yes... but all those versions are "teh suck" for various reasons.. we're all clamoring for a yf-19 done up 1/48 Vf-1a style... big with sexy perfect transformation goodness.. or at least minimal part swaping for that fron landing gear assembly.

sigh.

Whoooo Hooooo.

Then, and only then, can you call yourself...

THE OTAKING!!

Whoooo Hooooo.

So, everything is now set, you fellow MWers only need to invest something like 2.000.000,00 and we will all set!  :lol:

I will post my bank account later so you guys can start sending me the cash  :ph34r:

Then, and only then, can you call yourself...

THE OTAKING!!

I think I owned that toy as a kid. It was like a Perdaking with glasses. And it carried little toy jets instead of guns.

Sorry for the big pic. This is a collage of stuff from WF. Guess what caught my eye? But sadly upon closer inspection, looks like the monster is a papercraft model, along with the "dead prime".

collage.jpg

The problem is made worse because Kawamori is an extremely busy guy at it sometimes takes up to 2 months to book a 30 minute appointment with him just to get his comments on the latest sculpt modifications.

Well, the man is working on 3 shows at the moment (Aquarion, Eureka 7, Genius Party). And he runs Satelight (production company behind MZero). No wonder he has no time for anything.

YF-19 in Gerwalk Mode. I'm not sure of the scale either. I know only of a non-scale (1/72) YF-19 battroid resin kit, but it's not this one:

DSC01525.jpg

Edit: Looks like a built 1/100 Liquid Stone YF-19

Edited by ChristopherB

Sorry for the big pic. This is a collage of stuff from WF. Guess what caught my eye? But sadly upon closer inspection, looks like the monster is a papercraft model, along with the "dead prime".

collage.jpg

The Gradius boss?

Okay then...

And I knew it was onl a matter of time before someone made a Rei with a transparent plugsuit.