Bugs Bunny and Friends. The NEXT Generation?

UN Spacy

I feel...violated! :lol:

Actually, since the show is to take place in the far future is really does not have any real bearing on the current incarnations of the classic characters.

BL has a better point about the neutering of the classic 40's, 50's, and 60's cartoons from Warner Brothers to Hanna Barbera with post 90's PC sensibilities:

I still remember the old, mid forties, Bugs Bunny take on the "Tortoise and the Hare" race, that used to run in Brazil, that had Bugs create a turtle suit. In the end of the episode the rabbit mafia, having confused Bugs with the turtle, prevent him from winning the race. The rabbits say "now you tell us" and the one to the far left takes out a gun and pulls the trigger; the bullet goes through all 3 or 4 Mafiosi and they all drop dead...fade to black. Today, if you catch this episode, it ends just after the "now you tell..." line. Pathetic.

This new abortion can't be any worse.

Edited by mechaninac

That's just bad. I say let them go ahead with it and let them see the bad ratings that result from showing this version. There is nothing wrong with the normal version of the LT characters. Though I must agree, the PCness of today has not been good to them. Bugs and crew cartoons are still some of my favorite things to watch and always end up watching them if I can catch them on TV.

You call that 'childhood rape?' I guess you haven't seen Baby Looney Tunes on Cartoon Network.

I think the target demographics for BLT is much younger than this new toon, which I assume is intended for the same age group that they think would watch the classic stuff. BLT is the kind of saccharine bilge targeted at pre-schoolers to pre-indoctrinate them into the PC "offend no one, unless they're Christians", emotions driven group-think that passes for education in public schools.

For a much better example of a Looney Toons derivative done well just check out "Tiny Toon Adventures"

It's seems to be along the lines of Batman. First Batman (original Bugs), then Batman Beyond (new Bugs), and now "the" Batman (soon -to-be-, not the original, but re-styled/visited Bugs).

I think WB will go full circle and return to the original version of bugs once they realize just how bad it is.

But then again, who knows it just might turn into an alternate universe "Bugs and Freaky Friends" series. WB is well known for this type of genre animation.

We'll see.

You call that 'childhood rape?' I guess you haven't seen Baby Looney Tunes on Cartoon Network.

I think the target demographics for BLT is much younger than this new toon, which I assume is intended for the same age group that they think would watch the classic stuff. BLT is the kind of saccharine bilge targeted at pre-schoolers to pre-indoctrinate them into the PC "offend no one, unless they're Christians", emotions driven group-think that passes for education in public schools.

For a much better example of a Looney Toons derivative done well just check out "Tiny Toon Adventures"

If that is so, targeting younger viewers, that new Bugs would give me nightmares man if I was that young.

If that is so, targeting younger viewers, that new Bugs would give me nightmares man if I was that young.

I think you misunderstood me. I stated that "Baby Looney Toons" (BLT) was targeted at the sand-box set. This new cartoon is most likely aimed at pre-teens to late-teens.

Anyone catch that the new "Bugs" isn't actually even "Bugs" at all? Freaky Bugs is actually "Buzz Bunny". These are all new characters based on the old templates, sort of like what was done with Tiny Toons-- each character mirrored an original, but never replaced him. They might even interact with our favorites. Plus, it's set in the future, so there's some plot basis for the redesign.

Doesn't preclude the series stinking or actually being any good though.

-All

duck dogers the new show isn't horrible. I do really hate seeing my childhood raped though. I don't really care about the new shows they put out, I either watch or I don't. I'm offended about all the editing done to the toons I grew up on. It breaks my heart watching a 5 minute tom and jerry episode that should be 7 min+ long. This trend alone is why I justify pirating media. I'll buy my movies, I'll buy my music, but you better believe I'm downloading every unedited and "banned" cartoon I can track down.

did you know disney made such classics as

education for death

spirit of 43

commando duck

de fuerhers face

and WB made

bugs bunny nips the nips

coal black and the sebbin dwarves

blitz wolf

jungle jitters

hillbilly hare

which is witch

daffy the commando

keep in mind that is just a short list, not counting all the non-war propaganda stuff like tom and jerry that was edited for violence and not just racial stereotypes. Heck, I've got the flintstones winston cigarette comercial stored on my pc

let them mess up the future... just leave me my past unedited

I think you misunderstood me. I stated that "Baby Looney Toons" (BLT) was targeted at the sand-box set. This new cartoon is most likely aimed at pre-teens to late-teens.

Still would give me nightmare as a pre-teen.

The original character designs were perfectly fine. They're old as hell but I recall when I watched them in the 80's, I didn't care.

Also, didn't they try making a new show with the original L.Toons characters a couple years back that fizzled?

If that is true, then this is just another jab to try to "modernize" the old characters for a much newer generation.

The 90s were nearly devoid of anything showing the original Looney Toons characters. Only Space Jam and a couple Marvin the Martian cameos.

WB waited too long to reintroduce and stick with the characters. There's kids out there who have no idea who Bugs Bunny is... I was in shock and nearly convulsed :lol:

As for that new Bugs Bunny design... OMGWTF are they thinking?!?

Edited by Warmaker

Laff from that site-

"I’m not endorsing Loonatics or condemning fan skepticism—how can I, since I feel the same skepticism? But I’ve also been here before. This is not the first time that a revered franchise has been done up "anime-style by some white boy who's watched one too many episodes of FLCL" (in Amidi’s meant-to-be-cutting phrase). I’m a fan of the DC animated universe, and I was horrified when I heard the concept and saw the early designs for Teen Titans.

I was proved wrong then. Is there anything bad about hoping to be proved wrong here?"

WTF!

That's just awful. Seriously, that's messed up. Yes, let's turn all our cartoon heritage into cheap disposable entertainment for kids. What, did Hanna Babara's vault run dry for ways to exploit classic characters? :blink::ph34r:

As for that article, does that guy even know what 'anime style' is. It certainly isn't that angular mess.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

As for that article, does that guy even know what 'anime style' is. It certainly isn't that angular mess.

The "new" style is nowhere near what Japanese animation does, I agree. The guy is probably sick of having seen Yu-Gi-Yo all over the place or something. Heck, I hate the bejeezus out of it also!

Edited by Warmaker

If you didn't like Bugs then by all means don't look at this...........

The thing I find strange is that companies spend a lot of money on ideas lke this, and never once does it occur to them that they just defy common sense. Bugs and the gang are iconic for a reason. From a design point of view there is nothing to be done to make them better........ Why re-invent the wheel?

Oh well, let WB fail.........As long as they keep putting out the Golden collection I'll be happy....

post-26-1108729694.jpg