Favorite of Yamato's 1/60 VF-1 line...

Manji

Favorite of Yamato's 1/60 VF-1 line...  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite of Yamato's 1/60 VF-1 line...

• VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL)
    • VF-1S Roy (Regular or Strike)
    • VF-1A MAX (DYRL)
    • VF-1A Cannon Fodder (TRU or Regular)
    • VF-1J Hikaru Super
    • VF-1J Max
    • VF-1J Milia
    • VF-1D
    • VT-1
    • VE-1

Okay, my thinking is that with the release of the VT-1 and VE-1 Yamato is more or less finished with the 1/60 VF-1 line...so, lets look back...which of the above captured your heart the most...just curious...

For me it would be the VF-1D. I never even really cared for this variant, but upon receiving it really grew a fondness for it...second to that would probably be the...oh wait...the rules are choose only one B)

I had to group the two different releases of the VF-1S and the Cannon Fodder into one group to keep the choices at 10...sorry...and if I forgot any, sorry for that as well...

If this has already been done and I somehow missed it - Mods feel free to delete this poll, torture, publicly humiliate me, or whatever...

While looking over each of my Yamato's. I've got atleast one of each. I don't have a favorite. They are all equally impresive in there on rights.

Each different 1/60 to me represents various memorable scenes from DYRL or SDF Macross. For instance When I look at DYRL Max I recall a Zentran getting torn to shreds with bare mechanical hands, Roy's strike within the rings of Saturn, or Max and Millia on the deck of the factory satellite. Of course, I can't forget, my two CFs which brings the image of the decapitated brownie with the dead pilot floating in it. So my Yamato's for me represent the scenes of Macross that I'm so fond of. It's so hard to have a favorite!

I did However vote for the VE-1. Out of all it is the most unique and I'm quite fond of it right now. Plus, I wanted to read every body elses votes.

Technically, the M&Ms were the best of the lot with all the incorporated fixes and a beautiful paint job. But my vote goes to the Hikaru 1J - most iconic of the TV-series and still comes with those arm covers to allow an almost picture-perfect display in Battroid mode. Couldn't care less for the FPs though.

The 1S head looked slightly squashed and the various 1As had problems in other areas. To me, the 1D, VE-1 and VT-1 are semi-crippled due to problems with the newer chestplates and change in proportions. A Valk that can't hold a mode properly just ain't right in my book.

Edited by drifand

I have the Hikaru VF-1J and none of the others, so for now at least it's my favorite. I like the head, like the paint job, like what it stands for in terms of being the Valk Hikaru grew up in. I probably would have gotten it even without the FP, but that's a nice bonus. If I ever get a Roy Strike, a VF-1D, or a TRU brownie, the FP will give me some more display options.

I gotta go with my very first Yammie EVER (Maximillian Jenius' VF-1A). I was going to vote for either the Super or Strike, but my package from Mylene' is taking a VERY (emphasis on the very) long time to get here. <_< B)

I have to go with either the Max/Millia VF-1J's. They have all the improvements and just absolutely beautiful color schemes. Since I had to pick one, Millia's got my vote, but they're pretty much equal in my eyes.

After that, it'd have to be the VF-1D, believe it or not. That's pretty strange, as I was never really a big fan of the 'D, but after penning in the panel lines and stickering her up, she's really turned into one of the most eye catching valks I have.

"Hiiikaaarruuu! *hic*"

:D

Boy, this poll sure is becoming one-sided, the VF-1J Hikaru Super sure is popular (guess it should be a 'no sh!t answer since he was the star ;) )

It seems like most respondents like the mechs from the established heros of the series.

And there is certainly no surprise with the VF-1D being a close third, as Yamato is the only company to actually produce this model.

But folks, come on show Max some luv!! :D

I like the 2 seat VF-1D Trainer. The paint job on that thing reminds me of my favorite fighter of all time...the F-15 Eagle (the YF-15 developmental fighter had an orange scheme).

YF-15.jpg

now...this one reminds me of the VF-1A Valks(kinda anyway):

NF-15B.jpg

vf1d-vf1a.jpg

This is one paint scheme I'm waiting for.err...except for the white nose cone!

F-111_1.jpg

Low viz paint schemes:

YF-23_2.jpg

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

For me, the nostalgic and personal value of finally having a VF-1D toy would normally be my hands down pick.

But it's hard to deny that of the 1/60 valks I've bought than any of them were as well made and just plain perfect as the VF-1J Super. It just seems like Yamato did their best job on that one.

Despite my Super VF-1J Hikaru breaking its hip joint twice(the original leg and its replacement) I'd say it looks the best and is my favorite.

The cannon fodders from Yamato are crap. I owned 2 TRU and 2 regulars and they were all garbage. Yamato can't even get the colors right. The TRU was puke green/brown and the regulars were tan.

Edited by dejr8bud