NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

One thing that worries me about whether or not they will even be released are the differences between each Cyclone. Looks like Scott and Rand are the only two that had similar Cyclones. If Toynami wants to be true to the series, they can't rehash the same design by just changing the paint scheme. Also, isn't Rook's Cyclone smaller because she's smaller? If any of you have seen the prototypes of the I-Men figures (are those ever coming out?), the Cyclone figures all looked the same except for the colors.

I'm not sure if Rook's is smaller, but I does look more streamlined, and Lancer's looks more like Rooks since his has all those missiles.

Depends on which sources you use, as no hard data has been given.

What's generally accepted is that Rook's Cyclone is lighter than the others, because she has no integral forearm weapons or chest-missles. If you go by the RPG, it's because the 38-Lite was the original prototype for the Cyclone line, so it's a little under-armed, but makes up for that by being faster and quicker.

(in the original show, it was because women needed easier controls to pilot their mecha... :p )

According to RT.com, the YF-1R will be compatable with the Rick FAST Packs.
Shows that they'll just christen the object in any cool name they can think of.

Welcome to real life, EVERYONE does that. It's not just limited to RT.com, I assure you.

Are you referring to the Roy FAST Packs because they never released packs for the Rick MPC?

Actually, they're considered Rick fast packs to go with the Skull-01 because Roy was dead before the development of the fast packs was complete.

Call me a Macross prude or whatever, but I always think of Roy with Skull 1 and Rick with the 1J.

And yes, I'm responding a something a week later. I've been off the net for a while and I'm catching up.

Edited by waylandcool

Will the Cyclone even have a perfect transformation, or will it be like the VF-1 1/60 where you have to take parts off?

I think even if there was a "perfect transformation" you would need to remove parts. Most notably the forearm pieces, but others as I well I am sure. The line art I saw looked to have some parts just "flying" from point A to B...

Depends on which sources you use, as no hard data has been given.

What's generally accepted is that Rook's Cyclone is lighter than the others, because she has no integral forearm weapons or chest-missles. If you go by the RPG, it's because the 38-Lite was the original prototype for the Cyclone line, so it's a little under-armed, but makes up for that by being faster and quicker.

(in the original show, it was because women needed easier controls to pilot their mecha... :p )

HAH!! Are you serious?! Even at their simplest, they were probably still too complex. No offense, ladies! :lol:

Um, how big are these supposed to be for $80?

If they are 1/55 then can you say "ripoff."

I guess it's probably too late to do anything about those missile bays. Those sculpted missiles just don't cut it. Would have been nice to see separate missiles in there (even if they were glued in), and more detailed bays. You figure if they can't give us a good size for $80, this thing should be detailed to the max.

I guess it's probably too late to do anything about those missile bays. Those sculpted missiles just don't cut it. Would have been nice to see separate missiles in there (even if they were glued in), and more detailed bays. You figure if they can't give us a good size for $80, this thing should be detailed to the max.

I do not mind not having loose missiles. Less to lose later. I hope they can make whatever they do very detailed for $80.

For 80 bucks it better be perfect detail. I was hoping for 60 bucks, but oh well. If they alpha's kick ass then I'll consider one at least. The detail does seem promising, but I still think 80 is pushing it.

Im telling you guys, thiese are going to sellout, everyone is like I really want one, but Ill wait till the price drops. Unless everyone keeps thier hands in thier pockets, I see $80 sticking and going fast

Im telling you guys, thiese are going to sellout, everyone is like I really want one, but Ill wait till the price drops. Unless everyone keeps thier hands in thier pockets, I see $80 sticking and going fast

Right, they can only keep charging 80 for it if we keep paying 80. Granted we pay upwards of 150 for 1/48 VF-1's but look at the quality. If the Alphas prove to be worth the 80 for quality vs the MPC VF-1, then fine, I will cough up the money. If not, I'll wait for a price drop.

If I waited around for them to make the Tread would there still be any Legiosses left around?

Doubtful, as Toynami will milk the Alpha with every variation known to mankind. Despite what they're going to advertise, Toynami won't make any money if the Alpha is truly a "limited" release. I say, wait till prices drop to $30.

yup.. if the hatches are closed you can still see them in the closed gap.

Edited by Kin

I actually DO like the fact that they're apparently keeping it in scale, though wish price would come down at MSRP and dispense with any notion of "limited" issue. Or have masterpiece with fancy box normally and a brown paper bag wrapped mass version available through the website for half off. (That will be the day!)

Expecting Yammie 1/48 level detail just isn't in Toynami's profile, though, IMO. Nothing about the scale that keeps it from being possible (even for Yamato with the 1/60 things like removable nosecone, movable flaps, airbrake, even telescoping feet shoudl be just as doable as with the 1/48).

Hi all. Just saw an entry on RT.com concerning the upcoming Alpha/Legioss release dates: Alpha MPC dates - Blue 2-20-04, Red 3-26-04, Green 4-30-04, Shadow 6-25-04. As with anything Toynami, this will most likely change; nevertheless, its good to have a time frame to work with. :)

Edited by mechaninac

Careful, he's quoting the Gamestop preorder dates and in an earlier post he steadfastly held onto the October dates Gamestop quoted no matter how many times people said Toynami had delayed the Alpha's til next year, eventually requiring an official HG rep to set him straight....

Cyc

Careful, he's quoting the Gamestop preorder dates and in an earlier post he steadfastly held onto the October dates Gamestop quoted no matter how many times people said Toynami had delayed the Alpha's til next year, eventually requiring an official HG rep to set him straight....

Cyc

what cyc said, that kid doesn't learn.