NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Stop complaining about it's size because the Beta fighter attached will make it the pefect size.

My issus isn't with the size and not just the price, but how sturdy will the connections with the Tread be...

Why not wait for the toy to actually come out before having "issues" with it?

I find it rather difficult to rag on a toy that hasn't be released yet.

I'll admit that I agree with most of the trepidation surrounding this toy, considering Toynami's problems with the MPC line, but I am greatly impressed with their Alpha Superposables, so I have some hopes for the Alpha MPC.

uh we WISH japan could only do this? Since when did japan start to suck at toy engineering?

The onlyl reason japan CANT do this is because toynami has the international license for the alphas. Toynami got showed up when the 1/48 came out and has yet to outdo anyone in terms of valkyrie aesthetic and detailing and PRICE.

And in terms of mospeada oh wait ROBOTECH I STILL think the MPC should be BIGGER do i have a right to complain? its 80$ man you want a 6 inch figure for 80$?

and yes i know it cant be too small and what makes you think the beta will even come out? we go a right to be skeptical and bitch about prices toynami is always over priced the only thing NOT ovber pried were the alpha super poseables and the armor but even then,....

ultimate optimus prime by hasbro is SEVENTY FIVE dollars, TWICE as tall, possibly WAY bigger in terms of mass, and DEFINITELY more diecast and yet.....5$ LESS. no you com,pare the 2 products and prices. you keep in mind they WILL be distributed here by AMERICAN companies. then you compare the prices. OH not to mention prime is somewhat limited while toynamis is limited supposedly but 15,000 is standard production runs. the content of prime's left nu i mean leg is probably more diecast than in the MPc alpha ALTOGETHER. now you tell me which is more worth it?

nad still ...nothing beats the gqakken in terms of size...

NOTHING. an i as well as all of you hope for a beta as well. The reasoning for it being small makes sense but deos NOT make it worth 80$

btw not to mention had gakken and imai not made mospeada toys and modles in the past toynami would have NOTHING to base off of. Give credit where it is due. The toynami alpha LOOKS nice but whether its quality is NICE is in quetion. MPc quality did not pick up full speed till max came out. NAd ben was way better than rick.

quality=INCONSISTENT. and dont say im a toynami MPC hater because i am one of the few on this board who actually defends them from time to time but i WILL point out their faults

Stop complaining about it's size because the Beta fighter attached will make it the pefect size.

My issus isn't with the size and not just the price, but how sturdy will the connections with the Tread be...

Why not wait for the toy to actually come out before having "issues" with it?

I find it rather difficult to rag on a toy that hasn't be released yet.

I'll admit that I agree with most of the trepidation surrounding this toy, considering Toynami's problems with the MPC line, but I am greatly impressed with their Alpha Superposables, so I have some hopes for the Alpha MPC.

Well maybe "issues" isn't the right word... My concerns are that the connection's may come out a bit flimsy.

Aw man, those bookends are killer..

.....and I'll probably end up getting an Alpha MPC. The thing's one of my favorite fighters, and I'm too cheap to spend over 200 dollars for an old Gakken. I figure I'll check out reviews of the things 'fore I bite, but I do have high hopes for the thing.

Any idea how "perfect transformation" this will be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really a stickler for that kind of thing.

I just wonder about the wings in Battloid/Armo-Soldier. Always seemed to me like a good deal of anime-magic went into making them lay flush with the back.

As long as it looks good in both modes I don't really care...

I guess if we could see a pic of it from the back that would help.

Any idea how "perfect transformation" this will be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really a stickler for that kind of thing.

I just wonder about the wings in Battloid/Armo-Soldier. Always seemed to me like a good deal of anime-magic went into making them lay flush with the back.

As long as it looks good in both modes I don't really care...

I guess if we could see a pic of it from the back that would help.

There was a pic of the back from the old board. The two fins won't connect together as in the animation. They will be seperated and the wings don't connect flush to those fins. It's a lot closer than the Gakken Legioss though, but it's no perfect transformation lineart-wise.

Actually, from what I have seen, not as much anime magic goes on in the cyclones as people think. The real issue is that when you see the established line art transformation, you think, sheesh! I'd hate to move the wrong way while going through that process. cause I'd loose a head. Possible yes. Probable no.

anyway, I wanna see a picture of it in fighter mode and gerwalk. the Armo mode looks very tight to me but I want to see what it looks like as a fighter.

Edited by GobotFool

The anime magic mostly comes into play with the tires and their positioning on the backpack in Battloid mode.

As well, the arm-mounted weapons appear to fly from the hub of the front tire onto the forearms.

And yeah, accidentally moving during transformation could really ruin your day :)

The anime magic mostly comes into play with the tires and their positioning on the backpack in Battloid mode.

As well, the arm-mounted weapons appear to fly from the hub of the front tire onto the forearms.

And yeah, accidentally moving during transformation could really ruin your day :)

yeah... Still as long as you seperate armor and rider. (transform the armor seperatly and then snap it on) things should be possible IMHO. While the old one has some odd proportions at times generally its pretty faithful to the look in all modes and I think the off proportions there are more a result of 80's toy engineering more than anything else.

Edited by GobotFool

Nope....blame the lazy animators. They only showed the connections/arm servos once in the series IIRC...and that was in eps. #15 The Ballad of Breaking Up/Separate Ways. The forearm mounts do not appear courtesy of anime magic....its animator laziness.

VR_052_Battler_Cyclone_37_large.jpg

You can barely see them on either side of Stig/Scott's MOSPEADA as he is begining to dismount.

True enough about those forearm weapons.

However, tire placement in Battloid mode is critical to me. If the toy doesn't have the tires between the shoulderblades, then it's wrong.

One of my personal pet peeves, mind you, but every transforming toy and model of the Cyclone has gotten those tires wrong. It'll be interesting to see if Toynami can fix that problem.

yeah... Still as long as you seperate armor and rider. (transform the armor seperatly and then snap it on) things should be possible IMHO. While the old one has some odd proportions at times generally its pretty faithful to the look in all modes and I think the off proportions there are more a result of 80's toy engineering more than anything else.

It's going to be interesting to see what Toynami can do with the Cyclone design. No to mention the scale. That'll be hilarious if the MPC's end up towering over the Alpha's. :lol:

One thing that worries me about whether or not they will even be released are the differences between each Cyclone. Looks like Scott and Rand are the only two that had similar Cyclones. If Toynami wants to be true to the series, they can't rehash the same design by just changing the paint scheme. Also, isn't Rook's Cyclone smaller because she's smaller? If any of you have seen the prototypes of the I-Men figures (are those ever coming out?), the Cyclone figures all looked the same except for the colors.

Bah...nevermind the Mospeada/Cyclone MPCs.

Those will be fine as superposables.

Now lets see them get to work on my Tread/Beta.

Or some SP Inbit/Invid...ya, that's the stuff.

Cyclones, I really have no love for. Guess I've never been a fan of motorcycles.

-on a side note, I did manage to get an extra alpha morher. And if you truncate the arms and legs, and remove the "pull-back" engine (and don't care about transforming, because glue is involved), it looks MUCH better in fighter mode.

Can someone confirm this? In the animation, do the boots the riders wear undergo some kind of enlargement process during the transformation? It just seems that the boots they wear while riding are not as big as the ones that seemingly enlarge to balance the extra weight the Cyclone adds to the rider. The Gakken toy simply added an extra quarter inch or so by allowing the boots to extend a bit, but that just added height.

I wonder if a new Cyclone toy would have to have an outer boot that is removeable to allow the rider to sit on the bike without looking awkward (as in the Gakken toy). It seems like the large boots (and limited leg poseability) were what made the Gakken toy look really bad in bike mode.

Can someone confirm this? In the animation, do the boots the riders wear undergo some kind of enlargement process during the transformation? It just seems that the boots they wear while riding are not as big as the ones that seemingly enlarge to balance the extra weight the Cyclone adds to the rider. The Gakken toy simply added an extra quarter inch or so by allowing the boots to extend a bit, but that just added height.

I wonder if a new Cyclone toy would have to have an outer boot that is removeable to allow the rider to sit on the bike without looking awkward (as in the Gakken toy). It seems like the large boots (and limited leg poseability) were what made the Gakken toy look really bad in bike mode.

the boots expand. you can see it on the gakken toy.

However, tire placement in Battloid mode is critical to me. If the toy doesn't have the tires between the shoulderblades, then it's wrong.

One of my personal pet peeves, mind you, but every transforming toy and model of the Cyclone has gotten those tires wrong. It'll be interesting to see if Toynami can fix that problem.

I'm not sure I see what you mean about the tires, on the kits and toys they seemed fine to me. though I am not big into the animation. I just like transforming bike toys.

My understanding is that the whole lower-leg/boot "expands."

The boot being made up of several individual armored components. In transformation they seperate and create a larger leg, from which it appears 50% more "foot" is extended.

Now after looking at the Legioss-Tread mating, I can't see how that is done without a great deal of anime magic. At least not how it is drawn. And what is the Tread connected to that doesn't rotate so as to allow the Legioss to transform while attached? I don't think I buy it.

Additionally, the Legioss's arms will be a problem. Either you are forced to have to Treads "chest bulges" way too far appart to make room for the arms...or the Legioss sits way out in front, not looking like a single unit at all.

All that said, I love the Legioss and the Tread...but after having looked at some line art, I don't know if the mating works.

Feel free to prove me wrong with nice, big, high quality scans from your Artmic or other such references. :)

shoot, I got beat to the punch!

Edited by Phyrox

However, tire placement in Battloid mode is critical to me.  If the toy doesn't have the tires between the shoulderblades, then it's wrong.

One of my personal pet peeves, mind you, but every transforming toy and model of the Cyclone has gotten those tires wrong.  It'll be interesting to see if Toynami can fix that problem.

I'm not sure I see what you mean about the tires, on the kits and toys they seemed fine to me. though I am not big into the animation. I just like transforming bike toys.

I wonder if he's talking about the tires having treads? Did they or didn't they?

Great pics, Cory! Thanks! Well, with regards to the Cyclones, I'm with Phyrox on this one. I would rather see some very nice and accurate looking Super Poseables with the characters wearing their Cyclone armor. I don't think Toynami could do an MPC Cyclone justice, but I would sure like to be proven wrong.

I actually wouldn't mind Toynami giving the MPC Cyclones a shot. They're a big part of Mospeada / New Gen so I think they deserve it. Honestly, I'm half expecting them to take the Imai molds and just make some modifications to that. Now if they could just get it to the size of the large Gakken Scott / Stick ;)

If they don't do any Cyclones, at least I've got my Gakken to keep me content.

I actually wouldn't mind Toynami giving the MPC Cyclones a shot. They're a big part of Mospeada / New Gen so I think they deserve it. Honestly, I'm half expecting them to take the Imai molds and just make some modifications to that. Now if they could just get it to the size of the large Gakken Scott / Stick ;)

If they don't do any Cyclones, at least I've got my Gakken to keep me content.

Ahhhhh I see what ya mean corey.