NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

I admit the color scheme is pretty nice, but that head... <_<

its low vis.... <_<

well, to be fair the scheme was out long before Yamato's low-viz.

Yamato's low visibility scheme on their VF-1A is a true, air superiority scheme using more then one shade of gray. This is some sort of very dark brown.

I am quite surprised that they are making an MPC of this considering all the controversy behind... namely exploiting an animation error done by crappy Anime Friend.

Since I am a completist, however, I'll probably get this.

I'm going to wait for the Alpha MPCs before I invest anymore cash to Toynami. The color scheme looks cool but I've already seen the quality in the others and that is what my decision is based on. Although I have to admit that I do like the alpha super posables.

Watch out, Skunk. There are some on these boards that take those as fighting words :)

I like the head also. If the Macross purists here have an issue, (which they won't because they usually don't come in to this thread), then that's a shame. I don't care if a toy is Robotech or Macross as long as it's a good toy. If it is, great. If it isn't, I'll flame it to death.

Meaning higher per-unit cost of production. I doubt it'll work out. Still, in 10-20 years, they may be collector's items.

Question: where are MPC's produced? Because if, like practically everthing else these days, they're made in China, then why do they cost nearly the same (domestic US prices vs. domestic Japan prices) as Yammie 1/48's, which aside from semi-subjective issues of quality, are clearly more complex (and bigger)?

Meaning higher per-unit cost of production. I doubt it'll work out. Still, in 10-20 years, they may be collector's items.

Question: where are MPC's produced? Because if, like practically everthing else these days, they're made in China, then why do they cost nearly the same (domestic US prices vs. domestic Japan prices) as Yammie 1/48's, which aside from semi-subjective issues of quality, are clearly more complex (and bigger)?

I'd laugh if the MPC factory is right next to the Yamato factory.

Watch out, Skunk.  There are some on these boards that take those as fighting words :)

I like the head also. If the Macross purists here have an issue, (which they won't because they usually don't come in to this thread), then that's a shame. I don't care if a toy is Robotech or Macross as long as it's a good toy. If it is, great. If it isn't, I'll flame it to death.

Amen to that.

RT.com pre-order for it is up.

http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproductp...eord.php?id=180

Still has the 15,000 certificate claim but that's likely the boo-boo, but lowere down it points out RT.com only get 1000 YF-1R's with the usual sweetener of pilot cell to lurer buyers at the normal MPC RRP of $79.95US.

Cyc (more interested in other toys advertised on YF-1R retailer sheet actually)

I don't care for the MPC VF-1's and I hate Battly Cry but that looks pretty sweet. I like the colors and for some reason it looks sharper than other MPC's. However, I remember being impressed with one pic of the Hikaru VF-1J that looked very different from the actual product. The stance in that pic was identical to this one so you have to wonder. It's still cool that Toynami is doing something different even if they are doing that stupid limited edition crap again.

Actually, HG/RT.com keeps stating it as a *YF-1R,* and RT.com's got a piece about it.  Also, I have the YF-1R Super Poseable.  It's okay, but its colors (dark brown) are anything but low-viz... unless it's uber-overcast.  It's makes the CF's brown look real bright.

According to HG (*snickersnicker*), the 1R is supposed to be upgrade the 1A and 1J.  The center head laser is supposedly an pulse autocannon for downing incoming missiles???

For a head unit placed weapon, that just doesn't seem plausible...  right?

THey made all that out of one little mistake from by Anime Friend? <_< Pulse autocannon? What kind of crap will they think of next?

I just had to laugh at the VFX-4 stats. Battloid Mode and Armament are "classified". I think I can pretty much guess the reason why. :lol:

Edited by kensei

Actually, HG/RT.com keeps stating it as a *YF-1R,* and RT.com's got a piece about it.  Also, I have the YF-1R Super Poseable.  It's okay, but its colors (dark brown) are anything but low-viz... unless it's uber-overcast.  It's makes the CF's brown look real bright.

According to HG (*snickersnicker*), the 1R is supposed to be upgrade the 1A and 1J.  The center head laser is supposedly an pulse autocannon for downing incoming missiles???

For a head unit placed weapon, that just doesn't seem plausible...  right?

THey made all that out of one little mistake from by Anime Friend? <_< Pulse autocannon? What kind of crap will they think of next?

I just had to laugh at the VFX-4 stats. Battloid Mode and Armament are "classified". I think I can pretty much guess the reason why. :lol:

Hey, its more plausible then some of the other things they've said in the last few years coughMPChypecough. It least you could kinda see how it would work.

I really don't think technical specs are RT.com or any other RT websites their forte. While the design is respectable but not anything I would buy, terms like "pulse autocannon" crack me up. Shows that they'll just christen the object in any cool name they can think of. <_

dang it! wrong pic! sorry for the big one!

here's the small correct one

I thought the first two MPC's are incapable of mounting FAST Packs. I was told they changed the mold for the VF-1S to incorporate the packs.

Also, does it bother anyone that Toynami hasn't showed the 1R MPC with FAST Packs? I will be little annoyed if they don't release them with packs.

dang it! wrong pic!  sorry for the big one!

here's the small correct one

I thought the first two MPC's are incapable of mounting FAST Packs. I was told they changed the mold for the VF-1S to incorporate the packs.

Also, does it bother anyone that Toynami hasn't showed the 1R MPC with FAST Packs? I will be little annoyed if they don't release them with packs.

Here's the pic I was referring to from Page 3.

post-26-1065932870_thumb.jpg

Actually, HG/RT.com keeps stating it as a *YF-1R,* and RT.com's got a piece about it. Also, I have the YF-1R Super Poseable. It's okay, but its colors (dark brown) are anything but low-viz... unless it's uber-overcast. It's makes the CF's brown look real bright.

Supposedly the darker color scheme is what designates it as the prototype YF-1R, the production VR-1R meant to have a lighter and probably low-viz-esq brown color.

Cyc (not that cynical to suggest that a VF-1R MPC is also on the way....but only because Toynami is hung up on the need to release character piloted mecha ala Sue "Only used a Cyclone" Graham at the controls the upcoming MPC Shadow Fighter)

Cyc (not that cynical to suggest that a VF-1R MPC is also on the way....but only because Toynami is hung up on the need to release character piloted mecha ala Sue "Only used a Cyclone" Graham at the controls the upcoming MPC Shadow Fighter)

Yeah, what IS the deal with that? Why do they have this overwhelming need to tie each MPC to a character like that? I guess they'd have to invent a new character if they ever wanted to release a cannon fodder VF-1A. <_<

According to RT.com, the YF-1R will be compatable with the Rick FAST Packs.
Shows that they'll just christen the object in any cool name they can think of.

Welcome to real life, EVERYONE does that. It's not just limited to RT.com, I assure you.

Are you referring to the Roy FAST Packs because they never released packs for the Rick MPC?