NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

And so it begins. I can't wait...

quick review

fighter: solid once you push the boosters togrhter the wheels are apain totake out but they do th ejob.

gaurdien/gerwalk/dive whatever

look ok. arms are floppy.

soldier/battleoid mode

looks cool. but the cockpit is floppy in the back. it could fall down ifyou turn it upside down but i have nto tried doing that,

side not.

be damn carefull with KNEE CAPS. do not force them. trat them gently. the frotn pegs cmae off easily. puttign them back in is easy but. if they do it too often they can snap. sorta like the tab on th e1/60 yamatos. or th ebackback hing on th e1/48 . be gentle. .

it comes wiht a good amount of stickers. the only problems are mentioned above. it has some cool gimmiks like the storage area for cyclone cna actually hold the cyclone.

after reading hte reviews..

I've definately concluded it wasn't worth the $80, however, most of the QC problems i can let go.

does any one know if the clear display stand would work with this?

considering the landing gears are completely useless

i can't see why not? the flexi displays hold just about everything you could imagine so i dont' see it being a problem.

i can't see why not? the flexi displays hold just about everything you could imagine so i dont' see it being a problem.

Wow!! First Haterist post in a MPC thread that isn't negative!

j/k... I should be getting one of mine in today and I can check to see if the stands would do fine. I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

So do you think we can expect a drop in the prices for the 1/35's on ebay because of this release?

like everything else thats been remade/re-released, yes its likely.

the 1/55 GBP use to sell for $250 or something ridiculous. since the 1/60 gbp release, some people have picked up the 1/55 GBP for about $120 or so, which ain't bad in my book. B))

fearyaks,

don't you know, i'm mister negativo around here and if it ain't negative, its atleast borderline hateful. ;)

Ick! :blink: The cyan on the first wave's intakes looks nasty!!! Sounds to me like some one F'd up the quality control on the paint specs so they decided to make that a 'special' feature of the first wave. Man I hope I don't end up with one of those! :(

Does the pilot have any problems fitting in the cockpit? I had problems on half of my MPC's where the pilots wouldn't fit/sit right.

Just bend the butt plugs and they'll fit right in!

Have alot of experience with the butt-plugs do we? :lol:

Does the pilot have any problems fitting in the cockpit? I had problems on half of my MPC's where the pilots wouldn't fit/sit right.

Have alot of experience with the butt-plugs do we? :lol:

But that trick works. :D

I tried, but they still wouldn't fit.

is the reason the feet are so large a balance issue? They got it right on the SP's but not on the MPC line... I figure that either diver or soldier mode needed extra base to stand properly... The large feet however make all the modes look bad... Fighter mode would benefit from a smaller foot print aesthetically imo...

vinnie

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

that's just wrong... but hell he left it wide open...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I picked my words carefully.

Anyway, the 'plugs aren't an issue with these ones. The pilot seems softer so you can manipulate it into the cockpit fine.

Initial thoughts -

A lot of frickin' stickers! The wheels/struts (as Soze mentioned) are kinda wimpy and pointless though I imagine one could slip a few molecules underneath the chest plate.

Feels nice and hefty... A bit like the 1/60s do (b/c of the diecast).

I haven't transformed it yet as I want to finish putting the stickers on while its in fighter mode. I'll u/l some pics sometime tomorrow.

I definately dig it and I'm glad I'll be getting a few more!

Edited by fearyaks

I tried, but they still wouldn't fit.

Relax your sphincter. :p

The landing gears in fighter mode look horrendous....why is it facing upwards like that as if its retarded or something?

But I have to hand it to Toynami, the Armo-diver and Armo-Soldier mode looks awesome.....(that's gerwalk and battroid to us). Now...shall i part with my USD80?

But I have to hand it to Toynami, the Armo-diver and Armo-Soldier mode looks awesome.....(that's gerwalk and battroid to us). Now...shall i part with my USD80?

Damn straight you should :)

I already parted with $160 USD for these guys. You can part with half of that with no problems :D

Doesn't quite capture the look of the armo fighter mode...tail rudder too small...main gear too short.

We need yamato to give us the perfect Legioss

lol cool pic... now i can really do my papermodel more accurately :)

I hope we get pics here soon.. a 1/60 next to a 1/35... showdown! :ph34r:

Edited by Kin

ARGH....great~! , just in time when students are coming back to the universities and in need of $$ for books, rent, new deposit, bla bla.... <_<

and just in time when I was about to buy a Vf-11B fp...now im in dilemma...should i choose the skinny, sexy legged vf-11 or this shorty? <_<

aaajin! make up your mind...

Quick... someone ask Takatoys and Anasazi37 to make some custom stickers for these!!  :lol:

I was thinking about that but figured HG would try and drop the hammer on them.

I bet either Takatoys or Anasazi37 would still be cool with printing custom stickers. You know, under-the-table. Heh. :lol:

Can someone post some detail pics of the mini cyclone in its compartment? also any signs on the toy showing a possible hook up hatch for the beta?

Detail pic is hard to take unless someone has some decent digi camera. I try with mine, it did not come out too well.

As for hatch, there are few places where it might be feasible, but, why take a guess already.

Actually, I posted something elase on this forum and cyclone came out better on that photo.

Click here for the photo

Clcik here

post-26-1092554947_thumb.jpg

Can someone post some detail pics of the mini cyclone in its compartment? also any signs on the toy showing a possible hook up hatch for the beta?

Detail pic is hard to take unless someone has some decent digi camera. I try with mine, it did not come out too well.

As for hatch, there are few places where it might be feasible, but, why take a guess already.

Actually, I posted something elase on this forum and cyclone came out better on that photo.

Click here for the photo

Clcik here

I thought it should be more like a cubic form?

Is it stored in the radar compartement or in the leg?

Edited by Kin

Click here for the photo

Clcik here

I thought it should be more like a cubic form?

Is it stored in the radar compartement or in the leg?

Whne you view from the side, it is almost cubic shape. From the top, it looks as if it has some sort of shape.