Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Wow, that last pic of Optimus really looks good. I can't belive the size of hte little succker! How much would it be for it. I kind'o wan't it now.

350096[/snapback]

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ndpost&p=349393

350105[/snapback]

Oh, how nice of you, thanks!

I guess I should've read a little more :)

That 1:18 Land Cruiser bootleg looks interesting. Except for the huge @ss tires.

Posting this here since this is a Transformers branded product.

Found this at Target today along w/ mini-Unleashed, Titanium (large and small), SW Motorcycles, Superhero Showdown, new Teen Titans and Batman EXP stuff.

Executive Summary: A fun little toy that is worth the $15.

Review: Although this series seems a little silly the Jedi Starfighter always looked appealing. Turns out it is quite nice. The only robot parts visible in star fighter mode are the hip joints. The arms, legs and head are entirely hidden. Too bad the same can't be said for many recent Transformers. The Starfighter mode even has two nicely detailed landing gears which is a rarity on modern Transformers. The pilot compartment is nicely detailed too. The winglets open manually and the lightsabers double as projectiles. There is no floppiness what so ever in this mode.

The transformation is medium. Not too simple and not overly complex. The wings fold back, the arms fold out of the sides, the legs rotate down and extend, the front of the canopy folds inside and the back of the fighter flips back to reveal the head. One really neat feature is that the seat rotates back so that the pilot faces forward in robot mode, just like in Macross/Robotech!

The robot mode is nice but not as nice as the fighter. The arms a little stubby, the are claws and the robot is very back heavy. Everything pegs securely.

Plastic and paint quality are excellent.

The figure is tiny (out of scale w/ the ship) and lacks detail. Even so, it is fun to have a little pilot figure - especially given the rotating seat gimmick.

Overall it is a fun toy that I'm happy to have. I also picked up the Vader but I'm not sure if I'll keep since there is more kibble and I've heard that the robot head stores in the pilot compartment.

Posting this here since this is a Transformers branded product.

Found this at Target today along w/ mini-Unleashed, Titanium (large and small), SW Motorcycles, Superhero Showdown, new Teen Titans and Batman EXP stuff.

Executive Summary: A fun little toy that is worth the $15.

Review: Although this series seems a little silly the Jedi Starfighter always looked appealing. Turns out it is quite nice. The only robot parts visible in star fighter mode are the hip joints. The arms, legs and head are entirely hidden. Too bad the same can't be said for many recent Transformers. The Starfighter mode even has two nicely detailed landing gears which is a rarity on modern Transformers. The pilot compartment is nicely detailed too. The winglets open manually and the lightsabers double as projectiles. There is no floppiness what so ever in this mode.

The transformation is medium. Not too simple and not overly complex. The wings fold back, the arms fold out of the sides, the legs rotate down and extend, the front of the canopy folds inside and the back of the fighter flips back to reveal the head. One really neat feature is that the seat rotates back so that the pilot faces forward in robot mode, just like in Macross/Robotech!

The robot mode is nice but not as nice as the fighter. The arms a little stubby, the are claws and the robot is very back heavy. Everything pegs securely.

Plastic and paint quality are excellent.

The figure is tiny (out of scale w/ the ship) and lacks detail. Even so, it is fun to have a little pilot figure - especially given the rotating seat gimmick.

Overall it is a fun toy that I'm happy to have. I also picked up the Vader but I'm not sure if I'll keep since there is more kibble and I've heard that the robot head stores in the pilot compartment.

355381[/snapback]

Pics! Is it action fleet scale? If it is, I might buy it just because I want an AF scale Jedi Starfighter. The transforming thing is just kind of a bonus.

looks like there's a new MPOP trailer in town! I'm posting this in here as this is where this goes. I know there's a new thread on it already but in case that gets closed down.

41_128270.jpg

41_128271.jpg

41_128273.jpg

41_128274.jpg

41_128277.jpg

41_128281.jpg

41_128285.jpg

20051226236247837.jpg

200512262248014200.jpg

200512262321790793.jpg

Edited by BoBe-Patt

<review snipped>

355381[/snapback]

Pics! Is it action fleet scale? If it is, I might buy it just because I want an AF scale Jedi Starfighter. The transforming thing is just kind of a bonus.

355440[/snapback]

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow. This looks to be the same size as the AF stuff but the scale is probably wrong since the Jedi Starfighter is a pretty small craft. Going from memory, the Vader TIE looks to be the same size as the AF stuff.

So now there's 2 Trailers with similar Packaging for the 20th Anniversary MP Optimus Prime. The new one is just a scale up of the orignal G1 trailer, no new feature or details added. :angry: Because of this, I find myself prefering the older trailer that was released for the 20th Anniversary MP Optimus Prime. That one seem to have more detailing and the Rear wheel area on that trailer matches more with the ones on Prime's. I'm not sure on this but I think it have mini suspensions on them too, just like the rear wheels on Prime.

Does anyone wanna trade their 20th Anniversary Prime's black rifle for MY Materpiece Convoy grey rifle?

OR do you guys know where I can find a black rifle?

THX.

355850[/snapback]

You can always get a MPC Ultra Magnus and switch the guns.

Convoy's grey gun looks better on Magnus and of coarse Magnus' black gun looks like it belongs on Convoy. I think this was a treat for fans after they realised they packed the wrong color gun with Convoy. The only thing is that the gun is completely black and does not have the blue high lights that MPC Prime's gun had.

I think the price of MPC Magnus has also come down.

I don't know that trailer looks very cheesy in my opinion, its just identicle to the old G1 trailer in every way, no detail, no real thought, just scaled up like mentioned......and I really don't need a trailer since, 99.9% of the time he's in his robot form......blah.

I found Skids, Sunstreaker and Tracks and a newly boxed form of Prowl at Walmart, 19.96 a pop....so I got all but Prowl since I got him back in October.

I got nothing else to say though cause they're still in their "new design" boxes....I'll start messing around shortly but I"m not expecting too much out of Sunstreaker and Tracks...I already got a viper and 2 other corvettes.

You guys know of any good acrylic cases for the 1/24 Binaltechs? I'm taking a look at those NASCAR ones but they don't seem big enough to hold some of the newer models.

Just got my Case of 4 from BBTS with Tracks, Prowl, Skids, and Sunstreaker. I opened the two new molds, Prowl and Skids. Prowl is kinda dissapointing... the whiteish grey plastic looks very toylike and crappy and transparent, and the leg posiblity is nill. Skids on the otherhand, is the best figure of the line so far, and maybe at all. Transformation is awesome and bot mode is fantastic. He's the most posable Alternator yet, has a really slick paint job, and alot of stuff is smaller and sleeker and more advanced roboty looking rather than big and chunky and wonky like some of the other ones (Prowl.) I must say I am toughroughly impressed with Skids and it is easily my new favorite Alternator. Grimlock can get some really dramatic poses and look sweet, but I think with a little effort Skids'l be able to blow him away.

Just got my Case of 4 from BBTS with Tracks, Prowl, Skids, and Sunstreaker.  I opened the two new molds, Prowl and Skids.  Prowl is kinda dissapointing... the whiteish grey plastic looks very toylike and crappy and transparent, and the leg posiblity is nill.  Skids on the otherhand, is the best figure of the line so far, and maybe at all.  Transformation is awesome and bot mode is fantastic.  He's the most posable Alternator yet, has a really slick paint job, and alot of stuff is smaller and sleeker and more advanced roboty looking rather than big and chunky and wonky like some of the other ones (Prowl.)  I must say I am toughroughly impressed with Skids and it is easily my new favorite Alternator.  Grimlock can get some really dramatic poses and look sweet, but I think with a little effort Skids'l be able to blow him away.

357508[/snapback]

Yea, Skids' bot mode is by far, the best of the line. I keep my Alternators in car mode, but this one will be the exception. It's for the best really, as I can't really stand the xB.

Yeah, after the Honda Element, the Scion is probably the ugliest car I've ever seen... and why do you keep all your others in car mode?  That defies half of the point of Transformers....

357553[/snapback]

I love the reaction when I tell folks that they're transformers.

We're getting more WST?  Aww man, now I've gotta get wave two so I can have them all... Dinobots'll be awesome.

357645[/snapback]

Yes and no...these WST dinos are courtesy of JustitToys (they made the non G1 style MPC Prime trailer) and are not licensed by Takara. The quality and detail looks to be even better than Takara's WST toys, though. Licensed or not, I can't wait for my WST dinos to get here!

As for the Scion, it's by far my favorite Alternator so far. I hate the flames and the frosty windows, but I like the other details and the darker blue better than the BT version. For some reason it reminds me of Tetsujin 28. :)

I don't mind the flames but I don't get the frosty windows...

357753[/snapback]

I guess "hate" is a strong word since they have grown on me. I did hate them in the initial pics, but in person they're not that bad. And hey, Hot Rod and Rodimus had flames. :)

I kind of wish it were possible to get the Alt and BT version of Skids and swap all the parts to make one that I really like. Clear windows, plain paintjob and G1 stickers from the BT...dark blue color and bot detailing from the Alt.

Well, I definetaly like the first one second than the latter. WTF is that? That's gotta be the sickest Devestator ever... but is it a statue or a figure? Actually, you know what it looks like? Resculpted 'combination parts' mounted on re-detailed versions of the actual Devestator toys...

it is a statue and not a figure it looks pretty good in color , but you cannot pose it. :(

That Devastator statue was created by a fan who comissioned a studio to make it.

I believe he sold 2 prototypes on ebay and then a few production pieces.

This was the guy who commissioned Monolith Productions to make it:

JD Productions

This was the group that designed it I believe:

Monolith Designs

post-515-1136522144_thumb.jpg

post-515-1136522165_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

Just got my Case of 4 from BBTS with Tracks, Prowl, Skids, and Sunstreaker.  I opened the two new molds, Prowl and Skids.  Prowl is kinda dissapointing...

357508[/snapback]

Totally agree. While I'm not as disappointed with Prowl now that I have him as much as I was when I first saw him, I think I'll probably stick with my Meister-body custom. The legs are just horrid looking, especially since the grey that you see in the promo pictures (and probably on the Binaltech) is now a light blue-grey that reeks of post-Headmaster transformer color choices. Since his legs are barely poseable anyway, I actually just swung his hips around again and now he has his rear windows showing on the front...which improves his G1 accuracy too. I makes him a little forward-heavy and he looks like he's wear a hakama, but I can live with it.

Do have to agree with Skids. Awesome BT/Alt. His transformation is complex, but not ridiculously so and it all makes sense why you're doing it (he has a cool over-extend, compact back down approach). And his 'bot mode does look great. I'm of a mind to go ahead and plunk down the twice-as much cost and pick up Blaster (Broadblast) from the BT line just to have another, even though I hate the BB/Scion car mode.

I actually dig Sunstreaker...I think the yellow makes him look less bulky in 'bot mode. I just am trying to figure out what to do with his doors...as wings, they stick out too far, leaving them as arm guards like Sideswipe makes him look too much like his bro'...I currently have them as folded back wings...not perfect from all angles, but since his 'backpack' sticks out almost as far, it works.

The next Alt wave seems disappointing. We've already seen the mixed-opinon Optimus, but the rest are two repaints and Skids again (unless they repaint him as Blaster...still, I'll probably have my first BT by then). The Swindle-repaint Rollbar makes some small sense I suppose if you're going with the RiD Decepticon version and not the G1 Throttlebot, but even in RiD he had a Brawn-wannabe dark green/beige color scheme, not red. I actually liked the idea of a really cool-looking Inferno custom someone did out of Swindle awhile back (even if he was a chief/rescue jeep and not a firetruck). Oh well....with some stickers and emergency vehicle lights, it would be easy to make Rollbar into one if I so desired. The other is the Richochet/Stepper repaint of (Blue)Streak. I never even knew Stepper/Richochet existed as a kid...I think I had grown out of TF by the time Richochet showed up. So he doesn't have any nostalgic appeal to me...and those flame stickers look horrible. So unless I decided to turn Optimus into Ironhide (probaly not, as I'm not a big fan of the Alt OP 'bot mode), I think I can sit that whole group out.

........are barely poseable anyway, I actually just swung his hips around again and now he has his rear windows showing on the front...which improves his G1 accuracy too. I makes him a little forward-heavy and he looks like he's wear a hakama, but I can live with it.

Swap the upper legs/thighs. It's a two minute job and it'll move the ugly screws to the back and make it look much better. Doesn't interfere with transformation whatsoever.

I never even knew Stepper/Richochet existed as a kid...I think I had grown out of TF by the time Richochet showed up.

Part of that is because Stepper (black Jazz recolor) was one of the two Targetmasters never released in the U.S., only in Japan (the other was "Artfire", a blue and red Inferno repaint). The TF reissue "Ricochet" is the first time this mold has ever been available here in this paint scheme.

And Alternators Ricochet looks terrible. Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have those tacky flames, and was a repaint of the Meister mold as it should be.

Edited by trueblueeyes

Where are the pictures of the next wave? And just how many Subaru mold figures do we need? It's getting rediculous... stop re-releasing the original now pretty crappy Alternator design... I don't think I'm going to buy anything except new molds from here on out unless it's a good character.... I'm a compeltist, but it's getting annoying...