Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

I must say, the masterforce version of prime doesn't look so bad at all... even it has a unlogical solution to get it both well proportioned in truck and bot mode. Compared to the masterpiece, the big plus is that it has side windows.

Some little cosmetic tweaks and upgrade joints wil do tha trick.

masterforce

Edited by Kin

I must say, the masterforce versionĀ  of prime doesn't look so bad at all... even it has a unlogical solution to get it both well proportioned in truck and bot mode. Compared to the masterpiece, the big plus is that it has side windows.

Some little cosmetic tweaks and upgrade joints wil do tha trick.

masterforce

350179[/snapback]

Yeah, if the shoulders were articulated, the legs not joined, the knees bendable, the head rotatable, another set of wheels added to the legs, and the chest windows painted or clear plastic instead of stickers, I'd be all over that old Powermaster Prime. As it is...bleh.

Here are the figures and what they transform into for this wave:

*Darth Maul/ Sith Infiltrator

*Anakin Skywalker/ Jedi Starfighter (repaint from wave 1)

*Boba Fett/ Slave I

I think the two new ones look just as bad as the figures from the first wave.

Edited by trueblueeyes

Well, they were obviosuly designed to look better in vehicle mode, cuz ugh, the bot modes are just unbearable. What marketing dweeb keeps thinking that every property needs a transformable toy line? It didn't work for Marvel superheroes the first time, and the new ones still blow, and these StarWars ones are attrocious too. Transformers don't mix with other properties unless they are fighting each other....

well, I just placed my order for the regular SD Statue of Ultra Magnus and the Diaclone colored ones. Anybody else ordering this?

1134159629.jpg

News_33_photo1_large.jpg

Edited by BoBe-Patt

That Optimus Prime is very nice but i've got no room for anymore Statues / busts

Also, I just saw That Twin moons has the itty bitty Optimus up for Preorder $40.00 but its too small for my tastes i've already got 4 of the MPC Optimus. i dont need a mini version, however I might reconsider it when i see a final product. Maybe if i put a olongs isde a 1/60 Vf-1 Yam, that might work

Edited by Macross73

well, I just placed my order for the regular SD Statue of Ultra Magnus and the Diaclone colored ones. Anybody else ordering this?

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/1134159629.jpg

http://www.first4figures.com/productimages...hoto1_large.jpg

352331[/snapback]

HAhahaa! That's so cute!!! :D

Just got Alternators Sunstreaker and Skids. Alt. Sunstreaker's car mode looks better than the Binaltech version, although the BT version's robot mode looks better. BT Skids is superior in all ways to Alt. Skids. From the weird prepainted decals, two-two metallic flake tint, and the goofy quote on the box.."Speed is immaterial when you've got intelligence. And killer rims." Skids definetly has some appearance issues. That said, I like the transformation and the Scion XB is a fitting G1 update for Skids. All in all, both figures are interesting but I wish I had waited and bought them when they appeared on the U.S. market. It wasn't worth the extra cash to get them early.

the landcruiser actually looks great! Shock horror. The Supra could do with a head change but very nice for boots. I remember seeing these around when they first came out but never saw a good photo spread til now.

Damn that's funny with addign KITT on there, that's like comparing chocolate versus poo........well........sort of.

I really need to get on the look out for more alternators, there's still a few that were released last year that I never found like Tracks, and Hound and Deadend.

That new Prime is looking sweet! Does anyone know if this Hybrid Prime is in the same scale as the other Hybrid Cybertron Prime?

Has anyone seen the new re-issue purple Galvatron?

It's about time they got the color right. It only took 20 years. Now this is how Galvatron should have looked!

oth002808b_b.jpg

It even comes with the Matrix chain that Galvatron wore inside Unicron!

Here are some bigger pictures Purple Galvatron

Does anyone know if Hasbro will have these? That would be cool if it has sound bites from TF the Movie with phrases from Lenard Nemoy.

How big is Galvatron when compared to MPC Prime?

Edited by SDFcommander

Wasn't Kawamori involved with the design of a lot of the original G1 Takara transformers? I recall a post here of a magazine interview Kawamori did and in the article he talked about his involvment with the original transformers designs.

*edited for lack of sense and coffee*

Edited by capt.actionjackson

I just found some pictures of a few of the latest editions like Skids and Sunstreaker and even the prototype of Mirage.

Skids looks absolutely ridiculious.....he resembles alot of Hound too.....am I missing something?

Sunstreaker looks good, but I don't really know about the black body vynel.....it just seems a tad odd.

And Mirage....I have NO clue what he is and I don't know if its already been reported cause I don't come around here too often......but he doesn't look to bad for a prototype.