Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

It's just an artist's conception. I'd wait until we see SOME sort of prototype. I mean, God, it's awful. I'm sure (Pray, anyway) the final model looks better.

364494[/snapback]

THAT's what scares me. Artist conceptions often look better than final results because intentionally or not they can cheat with scale or how well everything fits or accidentally throw in some more articulation than the final design allows. Maybe we're lucky and it's just the current favorite design out of two or three potential ones and somebody will pick one of the others.

364506[/snapback]

This is true... Honestly, reminds me of a knock off more than something developed by a major company. Then again, I hated Prowl's robot mode until I got it.

Edit: Ebay Prime Testshot I'm going to try to win this.

Edited by GreenGuy42

I already hate Rumble. But I'm one of those bot fans who likes normal arms/hands and hates any variation from that. Any TF that has a big laser for an arm or some other big piece of kibble really turns me off. Something like Cybertron Thundercracker is a complete mistake in my book.

I can accept Rumble's pile-drivers as an add-on, or as an alternate transformation, but not as a permanant feature. And on top of that, the front and rear halves of a car make for truly terrible and just downright silly pile-drivers. I would expect this from a mainline TF, but it's unacceptable for a Bin/Alt.

Edited by eriku

There are only so many ways you can transform a car...and people do want more kinds of transformations. I frankly can't think of other ways to transform other than the ones already done. >_<

I was thinking the same thing, it looks like that RID X-Brawn, i think??? At least it is a different transformation style...

I was rewatching Beast Wars, any one here knows from which western movie is the BGM that is played at the end of the second episode of the second season, Coming of the Fuzors (part 1) and where can i find the sound file?

I don't think it's all about complaining. For all my criticism Optimus and Rumble, I've already admitted my love of Skid's design and think Mirage looks pretty darn cool (while demonstrating another way to transform a car, so it's not that they're running out of ideas on that front). It's all about taste and it's often easier to articulate what you dislike about something than what you love about it.

Much like Eriku, a big line for me is large chunks of kibble, particularly when little care is done to compact/hide it. A transformer with a 'backpack' that has a bunch of folded down kibble doesn't bother me much, but when you have whole car sections hanging off arms, it loses me on the creativty side, the engineering side, the aesthetic/artistic side, and the general look of quality to me. If I wanted robots in car shells, I could save money and kitbash car and robot models with simplistic transformations...or I could save some money and buy the more standard Transformer lines.

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

I was REALLY skeptical regarding Mirage when I first saw his uncolored proto, but now.. woah.

OH, another piece of news... According to Hasbro UK, the next alt will be based on a Jaguar (at least, among Euro releases.)

Imagine how unbalanced Rumble would be with all of that mass hanging off of the arms. The last few Alts I've gotten had pretty weak ankle joints so he would have to be beefed up a bit in that department to stand. Also, the shoulders and elbow joints would need to be stronger in order to get any good poses from it.

wow, finally a good looking sculpt! That mirage looks bad @$$!! I might pick that up. And it looks like they're re-releasing jazz again. That's cool. I needed another one to open up anyway. :D:p:lol:

I totally agree, Mirage is one of the best i have seen so far, i would rather have the import Binaltech version for the diecast but even if this one is full plastic it looks really great.

chris

Apparently the Binaltech line isn't profitable in Japan and will be discontinued. But this is based on rumours because Tomy/Takara has cancelled the Black Ginrai and Black Convoy toys with no news of their next release.

January 29th 2006: According to an e-mail by Fan to Fan, Takara have confirmed that Ginrai and Black Convoy will not be released. Furthermore, at this point there don't appear to be any plans regarding any other releases either

http://www.binalternators.de/binaltech_english.html

Alright, I just gotta ask. WTF exactly is e-hobby? I keep seeing all of these repaints and crap listed on ebay when I'm looking for MISB G1's and a lot of it comes up as e-hobby.

364998[/snapback]

It's an online shop: http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/

A lot of the reissue TFs have Limited Edition repaints available only through e-hobby.

:lol::lol::lol: the first star wars transformers combiners, they look horrible. since they are supposed to be similar to the Tf series do you think we will see one like Unicron next? maybe a Death Star that transforms into Palpatine :ph34r: I am still waiting to see the Young Anakin / Podracer one.

Infact there`s a Palpatine TF but into a star-destroyer !

365067[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol: pics please :lol::lol:

Mirage = simply incredible. Can't wait for this one.

Rumble = ugh. I also cannot stand the kibble. Let's hope this one turns out better than the concept art.

Star Wars Transformers = :huh: For as much as I love Star Wars and as much as I love Trasformers, these are two things which just don't belong together. I absolutely loathe every one of these which I've seen so far, and they just keep getting worse.

A lot of the reissue TFs have Limited Edition repaints available only through e-hobby.

Are these official items or just some fanboys way to make a buck? Also, are they actually "painted" a different color or are they molded out of those colors?

365115[/snapback]

No, they are official! They have been molded in different colours. Often the variants available on Ehobby are the original Diaclone colour versions of the TF reissues. So, that is why there are more Red Tracks, green Blitzwings and silver Skids available now -- the only ones you could get up until now were the late 70s/ early 80s Diaclones, before they became TFs. Note also that they sometimes also involve remolding, as the silver Skids has a different head design to the normal Skids. Plus, it includes a mini-scooter, like the original Diaclone (in turn, a model of the one actually included with the real Honda City at the time in Japan). This was done to make it as close to the diaclone original as possible.

So, they are more than just "repaints" in some cases. B))

In others, however, they really are just excuses for a quick buck -- like the meaningless "Orion Pax" recolour of Kup and Wheelie. :huh:

But they are official Takara products, nonetheless.

The irony at the moment is that in the case of Galvatron II, this time it is the purple "anime-correct" repaint that has acquired an official release, with the "original colour version" only available through E-hobby. In contrast, E-hobby sold the "anime correct" Astrotrain as a limited item while the white version was on general release.

Phew! B))

Is it possible to order from e hobby if you live in the states?

A little more news:

Apparently, the next few alternators are as follows:

- Some Jaguar

- Caddy XLR

With Rumble being a decep, it wouldn't surprise me if the XLR turned out to be Megatron. I don't know why, but such an angular car would ALMOST fit the bot.