Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Sorry if i sound like a noob, but who is idw? Dreamwave? Didn't they close down? Anyway here's the new transformers comics....apparently taking place in.....the Rennaisance era. <_<

F-in weird.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/titles/transformers/hos.shtml

375584[/snapback]

Now why am I humming the Gaogaigar theme when I see these designs?? (Might Gaine is more appropriate but never saw it.)

Sorry if i sound like a noob, but who is idw? Dreamwave? Didn't they close down? Anyway here's the new transformers comics....apparently taking place in.....the Rennaisance era. <_<

F-in weird.

375584[/snapback]

It pains me to see someone refer to these designs as somehow belonging to the rennaisance. Not to be an ass or to flame anyone, but if you know that there WAS a western Rennaisance, how do you have almost no idea when it was?

oh, and, eh...I like shockwave but the a train is pretty weak as it needs rails, and those airplanes are horrible.

Edited by Phyrox

Well fine i am an idiot. Thanks for pointing it out :p Clearly the rennaisance didn't have trains and steam powered stuff.

Truth be told i only based what i said on the Seekers which look like something the Wright brothers and Da Vinci cooked up.

I am with Dangard Ace on this one they remind me of the Brave Express Mightgaine series.

chris

F-in weird.

375584[/snapback]

Now why am I humming the Gaogaigar theme when I see these designs?? (Might Gaine is more appropriate but never saw it.)

375612[/snapback]

IDW is NOT dreamwave. DW went under, IDW is a totally different company that hired some of the artists that were once part of dreamwave. Don Figueroa is doing Beast wars for IDW(issue 1 just came out) w/Josh doing the colors. Joe Ng went to Udon. Not sure about James Raiz. Pat Lee and his brother formed dream engine right after he bought a porsche and his company went down in flames alongside not paying some artists/writers who still were owed money from dreamwave.

IDW is a smaller company than DC or marvel, I compare them to crossgen or image. They handle the Ashley Wodd painted MGS comics.

I absolutely love these designs, but then again I'm a big fan of steampunk. Hopefully the story is interesting and lives up to the promise of the designs.

"Pat Lee and his brother formed dream engine right after he bought a porsche and his company went down in flames alongside not paying some artists/writers who still were owed money from dreamwave."

Those two should burn for what they did to the artists and DW. Bastards!

376165[/snapback]

And that my friend, is exactly why many people resent/hat them till this day. I already had a problem with Pat Lee making all of his characters look like zombies with their expressions, and I hear the only reason he's got work after all that was because he is fast and has a team with him to help out I guess with inks. For what its worth they started out with a LOT of promise, I believed in what they were doing back in 2000, but after all this, not anymore. I was already tiring of his obese thunder thigh optimus primes and other transformers but what he did to fellow artists was the nail in the coffin.

IDW is handling the license pretty well and printing some of the old dreamwave stuff, I hope they eventually recollect and reprint all the war within books.

I hear a lot of people saying that beast machines toys sucked. I would agree with most of that assesment except maybe on the basis of mega tankor and deluxe jetstorm..

My question is why are the rereleasing stupid beast machines crap? Did BM sell well at the stores?

In terms of the toys, Beast Machines was considered (from what I've heard) to not have been as successful as Hasbro would have wanted. This was largely due to most of the toys being inaccurate representations of the characters on TV. Stuff like the Beast Riders toys, which were non-transformable chariots that basic-sized figures could ride in, are probably a good example of this.

As for the show, there never seems to be any middle ground; people either love it or hate it. Personally, I thought the show was excellent, and I'm glad they finally released it on DVD (even though I can't afford it right now). They're probably hoping people will buy it because of nostalgia, because it wraps up the Beast Era, and because it's sort of the coda to the G1-based universe.

F-in weird.

375584[/snapback]

It pains me to see someone refer to these designs as somehow belonging to the rennaisance. Not to be an ass or to flame anyone, but if you know that there WAS a western Rennaisance, how do you have almost no idea when it was?

oh, and, eh...I like shockwave but the a train is pretty weak as it needs rails, and those airplanes are horrible.

375619[/snapback]

Yeah... Shockwave my pref too. A german tigertank or u-boat would e cool. Or that chunky high profile british tank in afrika...

F-in weird.

375584[/snapback]

375619[/snapback]

Yeah... Shockwave my pref too. A german tigertank or u-boat would e cool. Or that chunky high profile british tank in afrika...

377626[/snapback]

But the story takes place in the 1800's....

F-in weird.

375584[/snapback]

375619[/snapback]

377626[/snapback]

But the story takes place in the 1800's....

377643[/snapback]

Ah... not much choice :(

That IS the WWI Jetfire, right? I can't recall off of the top of my head, but it looks close. If it is, I now know that I NEED the Prime and Jetfire.... no doubt about it. Hopefully they aren't completely die cast though, so the high-traffic areas don't chip in order to keep these playable toys.

That IS the WWI Jetfire, right?  I can't recall off of the top of my head, but it looks close.  If it is, I now know that I NEED the Prime and Jetfire.... no doubt about it.  Hopefully they aren't completely die cast though, so the high-traffic areas don't chip in order to keep these playable toys.

378379[/snapback]

Yep war within jetfire!(actually when Don Drew him in the ongoing g1 before DW collapsed, he looked like that too).

And there are plastic parts in some areas, if you look closely at some of the prototypes from toyfair, you can see it. I think perhaps the toys are 70% diecast and 30% plastic. And I assume they should be playable since they are mass market as well.

KICK ASS!!! God man been waiting SO long for a cool jetfire g1 revisited!

And I bet Don is on cloud 9 right now seeing a DIECAST series made based on his very own designs!

Oh snap. a WWI Jetfire, can anyone tell if his face mask is able to fold up and over his face...with and without mouth-type mask like in the comic that shows him more like a Valk?

Not bad at all I like, the cockpit is like a shield as same for Z Gundam and it reminds of this :

378534[/snapback]

Huh..did the Vic Viper ever looked like that?

I'm amused at how similar the basic fundamental engineering is for Cybertron/GF Starscream and TWW Thundercracker, down to the limited articulation in the lower arms... yes, yes I know Cyb Starscream was based upon TWW Starscream and Don Figuroa helped design the figure a little :p

Part of the cool thing is that the WWI Jetfire that Don drew was actually based off of a fanfic character he made called Strikefire, back when he was doing his own fan series called Macromasters. Between the WWI toys and Cybertron Starscream, it's pretty cool to see his designs being given toy forms.

The Australian Toy Fair Day 1 as reported by Mousedroid.com. Thanks to llamatron from the heads up.

A mock up of six-inch Titanium War Within Prime in box

Close look at vehicle mode and character bio

How he compares in size with SW Titanium Ultras

TF artist extrodinaire, Don Figueroa posted at the TFW2005 Boards stating he designed Titanium Megatron as an all-new Megatron tank design. It is not meant to be War Within Megatron. He also mentioned designing the WW Prime toy himself. Presuming he also designed the other toys in this line, HOPEFULLY we will one day see things like GI Joe Vs Transformers designs.

I hope they do the HISS, though I heard TF brand manager Aaron Archer is a major fan of the HISS tank.

And for fun, a giant Cybertron Prime prop, hyper-accurately sculpted based upon a mistransformed Prime toy

dood!! that cybertron mode thundercracker looks toit!!! I so want all three of the original jets in cybertron mode. So hopefully they'll have starscream and skywarp next! :D:p:lol:

Ii picked up Rollbar #19 at the local walmart yesterday i

thought it wasnt do out until April.

Has ricochet or prime become available?

BTW the new mirage looks great.