Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

I will wait for pics, I am not loving the recent Alts most are meh. <_< Sigh and I use to love TFs, damn the limits for using only licensed molds! :angry

365289[/snapback]

Mirage is pretty neat, and Prime is... tolerable...

I'll reserve judgement on rumble until I see the mold... still praying they don't make the thing transform like a goddamn cracked egg.

Hmm...I really hope that the rumor about Takara canceling the line isn't true but just a wake up call for Takara to stop making crappy models... the line has some serious ups and downs.

365317[/snapback]

If it's true, I can see why Hasbro's milking the molds for all they can (referring to new repaints..)

I'm sure if the line's to continue on, they'll need to compensate for the lack of Takara's business.

Feel free to beat me with a stick if this thread is toys only, but does anyone know the details behind the Region 1 "The Movie" DVD going out of print?

366203[/snapback]

Wow. Where'd you hear that?

I'm guessing Michael Bay has the rights and will destroy the master copies so his Transformers movie will be the only one available. I also hear aluminum foil helmets keep the government from stealing your thoughts.

I'm guessing Michael Bay has the rights and will destroy the master copies so his Transformers movie will be the only one available.  I also hear aluminum foil helmets keep the government from stealing your thoughts.

366739[/snapback]

That's great. Now, has anyone heard anything?

I'm guessing Michael Bay has the rights and will destroy the master copies so his Transformers movie will be the only one available.  I also hear aluminum foil helmets keep the government from stealing your thoughts.

366739[/snapback]

That's great. Now, has anyone heard anything?

366791[/snapback]

LOL...

I've asked local outlets about this and they don't know anything about it. Who's next up on the list of contacts?

I'm sure someone posted this or seen it before...but this is cool nonetheless. I think its one of Dreamwave's GIJOE x Transformers during WWII comics.

credits: tfnet.

2006-01-24_193128_WW2TF.jpg

2006-01-24_193312_WW2TF3.jpg

2006-01-24_193312_WW2TF3.jpg

2006-01-24_193518_WW2TF2.jpg

2006-01-24_193652_WW2TF4.jpg

Did the actual WW2 G.I.Joe/Transformer comics ever SHOW those nice designs? The ones I looked at (Issues 1 & 2, I think) had everything so bathed in shadows and black and drawn in what was practically Sharpies to really appreciate anything. Sort of worked for the grittiness of a WW2 story, but every Transformer just looked like robot with WW2 kibble thrown on them. I think I recall there being two versions of the story released at the same time or something...maybe these are from the other.

Time to answer questions.

1.)TF Movie and TV show out of print. Yes. Who has the rights? Last I heard it was SONY. They havent made any announcment if it will be reissued yet. I would bet that hedges on the movie.

2.)Don Figuroa. Designed those WWII TFs for the Dreamwave GI Joe vs TF comic. yes those designs are in the comic but with Jae Lee doing the art it is very murky and shadowy

3.) Whats Don doing these days? New TF Beast Wars comic coming from IDW in the next month I beleive.

4.)Takara making War Within toys....I wish but I highly doubt that would ever happen.

k thx bai.