Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Wow.  I am so sick of recolors.  Especially god aweful recolors, and recolors of the original Suburu mold... seriosuly guyts, it was the first BT mold, not the best.  We don't need half a dozen recolors of the now-worst mold in the line.  Yes it's solid, but there are man better ones now... if they wanted that design, couldn't they at least use the Honda?

360842[/snapback]

I completely agree, so... utterly sick of these recolors. :angry:<_<

I'm pretty sure (aka, hoping) that the funky colors are just from the image that bbts grabbed. Optimus looks like he's tricked in some kind of underground racing two-tone paint job if it isn't.

I expressed my opinions on this wave of Alts. in detail about two pages back, so I'll just chirp in on the repaints. I know why we have repaints and can appreciate their presence if it allows the series to continue and not cost an arm and a legs for the new ones. I just wish they'd pick repaints people wouldn't mind seeing. The BT/Alts have always been a nod to the G1 series, so why give people characters from near the tail end that nearly no one cares about? Rollbar was a Throttlebot, for Spike's sake! You could've taken Swindle and painted him up as Brawn...maybe a Beachcomber or, pushing it, a Trailbreaker (I once saw a nice black Hound/Swindle done up like TB)....if Jeep really wanted a red one, do what the one really cool ebay customizer did and make an Inferno chief/rescue jeep (since we'll never get a firetruck anyway). And Ricochet/Stepper? He has a place in some fans hearts as a halfway decent re-release just when the original G1 series was going to hell, but there could've been other choices there as well. Give the Alternators the red Meister, change the head, and call it Cliffjumper (since it's hard to make the mini-Autobots mini as BT/Alts anyway). Something over fourth strings (still tempted to touch up my Swerve to look like Hot Rod).

They really should've focused ONLY on the Autobots from More Than Meets The Eye. It's too bad we don't even have a Ratchet, Bumblebee, Ironhide, or Cliffjumper, or Trailbreaker figure yet.

I am just about ready to give up on the entire Alt/BT series. Does anyone else feel the same?  :huh:  :(

361088[/snapback]

Maybe. It's seems like they're being a bit half assed with their new releases. I actually just stopped collecting BT's. The last five (Sunstreaker, Windcharger, Prowl, Skids, and Tracks) are all Alt's.

From what I've heard at different TF forums they have six new molds and four repaints coming.

I'm pretty excited about Mirage but the rest I could do without.

They really should've focused ONLY on the Autobots from More Than Meets The Eye. It's too bad we don't even have a Ratchet, Bumblebee, Ironhide, or Cliffjumper, or Trailbreaker figure yet.

361078[/snapback]

Yeah, but then we wouldn't have gotten Tracks, Smokescreen, or Skids either...all of which are fairly good in terms of characters and designs. I don't mind digging into the second and third series of G1 Autobots...just prefer to have most of the first and second stringers before we get someone who made an appearance for three seconds in one of the last episodes. Still, I agree that I'd almost rather see even the tertiary first collection guys like Huffer and Gears over some latter guys....

I wonder how one could do Ratchet given official licensing and such. Is there a make of ambulance or emergency vehicle that one could produce with potentially a 'civilian repaint' one as a later addition?

I don't know. I love Skids, and Sunstreaker is a repaint I can appreciate. My beef with Prime is that I just don't think it should be prime. 20th Anniv. Prime is already perfect for the role. If Alt Prime had been Ironhide instead, I'd have been very pleased with that, and quite able to overlook that Ironhide was originally a van.

My main beef with the Alternators line as a whole is the lack of Decepticons, and the fact that there's only cars/jeeps/trucks so far.

I'd like to see some tanks and other military vehicles. Also jets, helicopters, etcetera. Of course, the popular rumour is that there will be a line of jets in another scale coming eventually.

Yeah, military vehicle Decepticons would be fantastic. And I don't see why we needed a Prime either. Isn't MPC Prime basically the same scale anywyas? I've got him set up with a whole bunch of my Alts and he looks fine (actually, I've got Shockewave clinign onto Prime's arm in mid air with his gun bared while veryone else is in a big melee around them trying to shoot or protect Shockwave... I should take a picture, it's soemthing that no other transformer toys could do.)

Yeah, I've avoiding the new Optimus (unless he looks better than all the pictures we've seen of him so far and I can turn him into Ironhide) partially because there's no point when you have an MP Optimus that's perhaps only slightly off scale and otherwise looks wonderful surrounded by his smaller troops (much like the original G1 was).

I do suppose that technically we don't have a BT/Alt Prime...the MP is merely a fancied up remake and not in the same continuity. I think for most of us, though, the BT/Alts were something akin to MP Autobots to go along with Optimus and that's part of our disappointment in seeing a new Prime and also seeing repaints of characters we don't really care about.

I agree...I'd love to see Hasbro and Takatomitaka (or whatever the company calls itself these days) decide to drop the Decepticons from the BT/Alt line and do a line of all-Decepticon (maybe one or two Autobots like Warpath or Powerglide) military vehicles that are of the same complexity and detailing as the BT/Alts and are at least of the same general scale robot-wise (since the Seekers would be two-three foot long monsters and prohibitively expensive and my logic is that you'd probably only have the Autobots and Decepticons together in robot mode to fight anyway...you'd probably keep your cars and planes separate).

I'm fine with the jets being a seperate scale. To make them in scale would make them ridiculously large. They would dwarf MP Prime, even. Heck, they'd make Yamato's Konig Monster look small. I do think the seekers (Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp) should be a bit larger than the average Alt/BT in robot mode, but still smaller than MP Prime.

I'd love to see a G2 style Megatron tank that equaled MP Prime in size. In the comics, at least, G2 Megs looked very much like the original Megatron in robot mode. Heck, go all the way and give G2 Megatron the Masterpiece treatment. I know everyone would rather get the original G1 Megatron, but since that won't happen, I think this would be a very acceptable alternative.

Yeah. I know I'm dreaming.

I dunno man, I've been wanting them to use the G2 Tank design for ever... fix the color scheme at least to be a bit less garish, and it'd be great. Come to think of it, I should go get my G2 Megs out of storage...that is a sweet toy. Sound effects and missiles, too bad I los the machine gun though I think...

picked up all 4 Skid Prowl etc. I like the new packageing and they are nice the Scion i like alot. I haven't opened them up. I'll be getting the next set. My question here why is skids listed for an April release?

I dunno man, I've been wanting them to use the G2 Tank design for ever... fix the color scheme at least to be a bit less garish, and it'd be great.  Come to think of it, I should go get my G2 Megs out of storage...that is a sweet toy.  Sound effects and missiles, too bad I los the machine gun though I think...

361419[/snapback]

Funny coincidence. I did actually get mine out of storage a few weeks ago and gave it to my little brother. I like the way you can store the missiles in the legs... I think he lost them already, though...

EDIT-

Just remembered something: Of course, the problem with the G2 tank is that in BWII or BW Neo or whichever damn show it appeared in, the character was not actually Megatron, it was "Megastorm".

I guess it didn't affect the usage of the design for "Reverse Convoy" in the RobotMasters line, though.

Edited by Renato

Just seen a 1:24 Hummer today, and it might need to be scaled down to be at a reasonable price point. That thing was huge compared to the other cars. It would make a really impressive figure though. Maybe I'll pick it up and try my hand at a custom or something.

361903[/snapback]

Now THIS is an Alternator Megs. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/masterpiececustom.php

post-31-1137647751_thumb.jpg

There are much better pictures of this Alternators Grimlock-based custom in the Kitbash Gallery at Transtopia. Here is a pic of the model used in this kitbash: Revell Hummer model Picked it up at HobbyLobby hoping to make a copy of the custom (although I don't really have the time or the talent to do it). This should be a help though for anyone who does. (Revell Model #85-1907)

Edited by trueblueeyes

I think this one is more impressive.

http://www.tfmaster.com/gallery_kb0033.php...e9abff1a5485056

362000[/snapback]

Very impressive super-articulated Constructicon Team/Devastator! It's amazing how even the simplest of changes (like allowing legs to separate and knees bend can bring so much more life into a figure.

Someone needs to do a BT/Alt scale Devastator....y'know, one that would wind up allowing you to use the car pool lane. :D

Thinking about it, though, I don't even think the Constructicons are in scale to each other....

Wow, the JC Penny catalog is a time machine. Back then I lived in Panama, and I could only get this toys in 2 local toy stores. The bad thing is that in Panama they double the price of hard to get stuff. So basically sometimes the store would be out of stock, or have double thge price tag on this toys

Yeap, I'm traumatized. I recall reaching for a Jetfire(59.99) in the Top shelf, and my Dad telling me: That's too expensive for a toy!

BTW we do use dollars as our currency, but merchants are evil. I went back to Panama back in 2001, and all stores had a price tag of 600.00 dollars on the PS2. That was ridiculous...

edited grammar...

Edited by vlenhoff

Wow, the JC Penny catalog is a time machine. Back then I lived in Panama, and I could only get this toys in 2 local toy stores. The bad thing is that in Panama they double the price of hard to get stuff. So basically sometimes the store would be out of stock, or have double thge price tag on this toys

Yeap, I'm traumatized. I recall reaching for a Jetfire(59.99) in the Top shelf, and my Dad telling me: That's too expensive for as toy!

BTW we do use dollars as our currency, but merchants are evil. I went back to Panama back in 2001, and all stores had a price tag of 600.00 dollars on the PS1. That was ridiculous...

362843[/snapback]

When I was about 8 years old, for the first and only time I saw a jetfire in a glory box illustrated by a photo with al the parts layed out in order on a brownish retro background color. It looked so wonderfull I even doubt if I was worthy to own such a beautifull toy... but anywayz, my parents didn't want to buy it.

Pretty understandable... transformers those days were awfully expensive.

Edited by Kin

Yeah they were. The only TF I ever received was Thundercracker and he cost $24.99 back in '84 or so. Considering that better TF's cost the same today, I wonder how any common folk were able to buy anything at all back in the 80's...

yeah, transformers were expensive in its time. Especially the Bandai Godaikins. I wanted Voltes V, and it was $80. No way in hell was I getting that from my parents. I did get an Alpha fighter/Legioss. After about 1 1/2 years of saving my lunch money. I bought my first legioss before Robotech even came out. It was just the coolest toy ever for me. I just could not believe that the robot inside the box could even transform into a jet. I even bought it from Gemco, if you remember that store.