Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Yeap, I love my MPC Prime. I have it in vehicle mode with the trailer. It looks awesome. If that happens for these new little OP, I'll think about getting it. I have too many toys already. I need to ebay some of my stuff.

Edit in: Grammar

Edited by vlenhoff

the new prime looks cool, i agree that the cab mode looks ugly the front wheels look funny, maybe when we see a fully painted version it might look alittle better, but to be honest he will be displayed on a shelf and most likely he will be in robot mode anyhow so i am not worried. I am definetly getting this, I like the other Convoy they released for this set and i would love to have one like this.

The new op is apparently our old friend Shoji's work. :blink:

Just saw it mentioned on Amenbo, click on the links to Hybrid Style G1 Convoy to see the listing.

Or just read the quote,

TRANSFORMERS action figure series "HYBRID STYLE"

G1 CONVOY(appears in the Transformers first series.

), 10cm(4 inch) size full poseable figure.

The die cast parts are used.

Trailer track is transformed to robot.

The design of the convoy is renewed for a hybrid style by "Kawamori Shouji" to design a variety of transformation mechanism by "Diaclone" that is the antecedent of the Transformers and "Macross", "Aquarion", and "Eureka Seven", etc.

That's  actually a bootleg.  It's supposed to be Crasher, who's black.  I've got another of this bootleg that has blue trim and was actually done up very nicely as a police coup somewhere in storage...

348488[/snapback]

actually the machine robo version of the toy came in white before it was recolored in black.

Really?  Huh... I did not know that there were pre-Gobots releases of the toys... guess I learned something new today and stand corrected.

348577[/snapback]

Oh man there were so many at that time... I remember in 80's they sold a very rare machine robo "trim sponsor" (orange truck carrying a green battletank) which was only seen in the machine robo anime. B)) I can't find any info about it on the net. :o

Edited by Kin

Really?  Huh... I did not know that there were pre-Gobots releases of the toys... guess I learned something new today and stand corrected.

348577[/snapback]

Oh man there were so many at that time... I remember in 80's they sold a very rare machine robo "trim sponsor" (orange truck carrying a green battletank) which was only seen in the machine robo anime. B)) I can't find any info about it on the net. :o

348641[/snapback]

that one pops up on ebay from time to time, usually goes for about 40 to 50

348577[/snapback]

348641[/snapback]

that one pops up on ebay from time to time, usually goes for about 40 to 50

348696[/snapback]

WOW! thnx for the tip man! I found it's nickname "tank transer"! B))

Hmmm.... if those are the ones I'm thinking of, I think versions were released for GoBots for the truck at least... orange truck with a transformation really similar to Primes except that the smokestacks became guns and it was one where the engine block juts foreward like modern semi trucks and the cab window piece bacame the head? And the green Battletank, was it a big one that like folded in half and the turret becomes the head? I have both of these but am missing the gun for the tank... it's a pretty cool fig tho.

Hmmm.... if those are the ones I'm thinking of, I think versions were released for GoBots for the truck at least... orange truck with a transformation really similar to Primes except that the smokestacks became guns and it was one where the engine block juts foreward like modern semi trucks and the cab window piece bacame the head?  And the green Battletank, was it a big one that like folded in half and the turret becomes the head?  I have both of these but am missing the gun for the tank... it's a pretty cool fig tho.

348699[/snapback]

tanktr18.jpg

tanktr49.jpg

nope ;)

Lol "Trim Sponsor" was "a childhood friend" of Motodrill in machine robo and he alsways stole his lunch......ehm, strange bulky Japanese robots with human thoughts. :lol:

Holy crap, I just looked at the rest of the pics and realized how small it is. The pics seem alrght, but nothing spectacular. I just don't see what this has to offer that MPC Convoy didn't already deliver on. Aside from a trailer, which is really just alot of deadspace I have no room for, what will the little one have that the big guy doesn't?

Holy crap, I just looked at the rest of the pics and realized how small it is.  The pics seem alrght, but nothing spectacular.  I just don't see what this has to offer that MPC Convoy didn't already deliver on.  Aside from a trailer, which is really just alot of deadspace I have no room for, what will the little one have that the big guy doesn't?

349629[/snapback]

Agreed.

Oh....I just saw your new AV. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spotted a couple of Cybertron Evacs at my local TRU yesterday, and picked one up. Seriously, this is one dead cool helicopter. Yah, it's a rescue helicopter, but a very well designed one at that. Pretty posible too. Strange thing is, it's not listed on Hasbro's website (aside from the itty bitty version). I also picked up Sidways a couple of weeks ago, and I've not seen another one since.

Also, it would appear that the local Wal-Mart has stopped stocking transformers... Right before Christmas... STUPID!