Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Looks like the next line after Cybertron will be an updated G1 line, with a gun Megatron again after all these years.

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=5765

Any thoughts/hopes?

331508[/snapback]

Nice artical, I like this one a lot :

o G1, modern take on Starscream - F15, highly detailed.

PICS (Bot & Vehicle): Starscream is kind of like a cross between a modern Macross figure, and a larger Robot Masters Starscream in vehicle mode. It looks almost exactly like a F-15 display model. In bot mode it's pretty menacing with some HUGE guns on his arms.

that's some freakin good news!!! finally!! megatron as a gun again!!! Man, it's about time they got it right! Let's just hope these see the light of day!

Cool, I hope to be getting that new TFTM movie DVD soon, since I only have the VHS version.  The box art sucks, though -- I've always hated that one.  The UK movie cover was always infinitely better, some Japanese guy did it.  The original printing of the DVD version had it... How comes they can't re-use it? 

Found this Transformers Movie Reconstructed DVD Review and the results, sadly, dont seem to favourable....

331579[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. Hmm. Well, that's that, then. Guess I'll get the Japanese release after all, with the Japanese/English selectable audio track... the lack of any other extras is really annoying, though. <_<

I'm not sure if this was posted. This is the next Transformers Hybrid Style line, Optimus Prime himself.

Just production sketches...but damn it looks good!

OP_1.jpg

331663[/snapback]

:o Nerd-gasium :o:lol:

331666[/snapback]

looks like it's based off of MPC convoy.. which is cool. I can dig that. I hope they don't make him so damn top heavy this time though. the production sketches look great and if the rest of the line is this good... I may have to start buying transformers again. woohoo.

I don't think that HBS G1 Convoy is based on any previous version of G1 Prime. It looks his fore arms unfold into the front wheel wells. I also see what might e a trailer peg hole in the back of the leg. If that's the case, then I would assume that the wheel assembly rotate around.

I swear I see gattling gun details on the bottoms of his leg fuel tanks.

I'm still waiting to see the prototype. The've screwed up the alt modes on both of the recent attempts to redo G1 Prime. I hope they got it right, this time.

I don't think that HBS G1 Convoy is based on any previous version of G1 Prime. It looks his fore arms unfold into the front wheel wells. I also see what might e a trailer peg hole in the back of the leg. If that's the case, then I would assume that the wheel assembly rotate around.

I swear I see gattling gun details on the bottoms of his leg fuel tanks.

I'm still waiting to see the prototype. The've screwed up the alt modes on both of the recent attempts to redo G1 Prime. I hope they got it right, this time.

331857[/snapback]

seriously? look at his cab section, the dual opening chest plates? his shoulders look like they were taken right off of MPC convoy. all his limb porportions are identical... his whole pelvis looks like the same design... they're keeping the transformation sequence from MPC prime and they added a bunch of cosmetic changes

I'm digging that line art of the redone G1 Prime, far more impressive than the wretched Alternators design (I never thought I'd say that). Still, I'm not getting my hopes up until I see an actual toy.

I'm still wait and see on that Hybrid Optimus. As others have said, he shares a lot with the MP Optimus in design and doesn't look like his cab mode will be much prettier. I DO like that they're not trying to hide the fuel tanks....and sort of dig if they do make them gattling cannons...having weapons on body parts a normal human wouldn't is part of the appeal of giant war machines. :)

I'm NOT very wait and see on the Binaltech Optimus, though. He's got everything I hate in the Prowl design, only without any of the redeeming factors. As has been said, what's with the seats dangling off his forearms? Couldn't SOMETHING been done to thin the legs? Looks like one of the larger-sized Gobots....

Mirage, however, is interesting....definitely resembles the old guy enough while not adhering to it unnecessarily. I'm even coming around to the wheel kneepads.

Those Star Wars Transformers....well, they look better than the Marvel superhero Transformer imitators, but can't say much more.

Isn't G1 Hybrid Prime set for a March 2006 release? If so, there's definately a prototype out there that we'll probably see sooner than later. It typically takes a year or more from sketch to final product.

This looks to be the best Prime yet. For as much as I love MPC Prime, and for as weird as I feel saying it, he's just too big for me to really enjoy playing with. I'm all for a teensy version with better cosmetics. And a freakin' trailer! :)

I'm digging that line art of the redone G1 Prime, far more impressive than the wretched Alternators design (I never thought I'd say that). Still, I'm not getting my hopes up until I see an actual toy.

331911[/snapback]

Is there something i'm missing here? Why are you people dissin the MPC/Alternator Prime? Its good stuff and the best Prime out there to date. Uh wait....is the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime the Alternator Prime?

:huh:

331911[/snapback]

Is there something i'm missing here? Why are you people dissin the MPC/Alternator Prime? Its good stuff and the best Prime out there to date. Uh wait....is the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime the Alternator Prime?

:huh:

332265[/snapback]

no, there is a new one coming out for the alternators line it is the same size as the others and is more like a pick-up truck now, he looks ugly. the 20th anniversery Prime is quite awesome

chris

So if this is HBS, are these going to be tiny?

332274[/snapback]

Most likely, yes. I'm assuming they'll keep everything in the HBS line the same scale (or in scale with each other), meaning G1 Prime should be the same size or smaller than the Robotmasters Prime. I personally like that, but I can understand why the size would turn a lot of people off.

Using the existing HBS figure as an example, Galaxy Force Convoy, I think it's a better toy overall than the large original version. The detailing is spot-on, it has a couple more features that are really cool (the guns have handles for one thing) and it's just really cool how such a small toy can be so well made and have so much articulation. I guess I find it more impressive overall. Thinking of a G1 Prime done in the same style, using Masterpiece Prime as a diving board, really makes me feel all warm and melty.

Erm...yeah, that's what I meant... but I thought that these would contain die-cast anyways, so it oughta at least be balanced, but posable over die cast is without a doubt something I love.

332580[/snapback]

hmmm, die cast and posable would be great.. but I find that unless the joints are ratcheted they don't hold up well to the weight and you end up with a floppy metal rag doll over time.

But then again, I love my SOC EVAs...

If HBS-1 is anything to go by, then it'll probably have a little die cast in it. HBS-1 had calves and shoulders, this one will probably have calves and chest.

I gotta say, I'm not liking what I'm seeing of the cab side detail, on this. They're probably gonn try to cram way too many gimmicks in this, and forget that it's supposed to transform into somehting, just like they did MP Prime. At least the Robotmasters version was simple enough to modify.

I'm holding my judgement, untill I see a physical prototype, but I'm expecting the worst.

I have ONE word... HORRIBLE  :angry:

~Tico

332893[/snapback]

Don't you mean...HorriBRICK? :rolleyes:

The only thing that ever made me want Star Convoy was the little Hot Rod that comes with it. Now that WST Hot Rod exists, and more importantly is sitting on my shelf, I am quite happy to avoid this thing like a plague.

If they rerelease Leo, they would also need to rerelease the other guy, Starsaber, or Victory saber or something. The one he combines with. They recently made RobotMaster versions of those so you may be confused..?

Anyway, yeah, I saw Star Convoy and it looks atrocious. The stripe sticker on te side looks like it was applied by monkeys because it was jagged and uneven on EVERY one of the Convoys I saw...

I would have recommended you toy-wave.com but Prowl is also out of stock...