Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Hey would any of you guys know if this "TRANSFORMERS 20th Anniversary boxset" is legitĀ  or a bootleg? Thanks Aaron

328998[/snapback]

Oops forgot the Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Transformers-D...1QQcmdZViewItem

329382[/snapback]

I have heard many good things about that box set, i was planning on picking it up when i save up a few more dollars.

chris

Hey would any of you guys know if this "TRANSFORMERS 20th Anniversary boxset" is legitĀ  or a bootleg? Thanks Aaron

328998[/snapback]

Oops forgot the Link:

329382[/snapback]

I have heard many good things about that box set, i was planning on picking it up when i save up a few more dollars.

chris

329430[/snapback]

I have it. Liked it so much I sold the first 2 seasons from Rhino.

Hey would any of you guys know if this "TRANSFORMERS 20th Anniversary boxset" is legitƂĀ  or a bootleg? Thanks Aaron

328998[/snapback]

Oops forgot the Link:

329382[/snapback]

chris

329430[/snapback]

I have it. Liked it so much I sold the first 2 seasons from Rhino.

329459[/snapback]

Video quality is worse then Rhinos. There's color bleed everywhere, it you know what to look for. For the price and stuff that come with it it's a good buy. It's how I got my RM Prime.

Just wanted to show off my latest custom. I don't why everyone bags on Robot Master G1 Convoy's alt mode. :ph34r:

primewheels18.jpg

Bot mode still looks good, and if anybody is curious; no parts have to be removed for transformation.

primepose2.jpg

329664[/snapback]

That looks great! Very clever on the folding headlight flaps. Did you build the trailer from scratch? I've been trying to find a trailer for RM Prime but he's such an odd scale that there doesn't seem to be any existing toys that match up. I've always wondered if they planned on making a trailer for him, too, since he's got that mysterious hole there...

::EDIT::

I just noticed the new tires, that looks really fantastic! Good work!

Edited by eriku

I've been trying to find a trailer for RM Prime but he's such an odd scale that there doesn't seem to be any existing toys that match up.Ā  I've always wondered if they planned on making a trailer for him, too, since he's got that mysterious hole there...

I just noticed the new tires, that looks really fantastic!Ā  Good work!

329766[/snapback]

They made an unofficial trailer a while back (Review with pictures), but it was pretty expensive.

I've been trying to find a trailer for RM Prime but he's such an odd scale that there doesn't seem to be any existing toys that match up.ƂĀ  I've always wondered if they planned on making a trailer for him, too, since he's got that mysterious hole there...

I just noticed the new tires, that looks really fantastic!ƂĀ  Good work!

329766[/snapback]

They made an unofficial trailer a while back (Review with pictures), but it was pretty expensive.

329785[/snapback]

That's for the big Masterpiece Prime though, this is the little Robotmasters guy. They do share a striking resemblance though. ;)

Thanks guys. The wheels and trailer are from a 1/64 scale toy truck I got from wal-mart. It was one of those Nascar hauler rigs. I'd like to find a proper box trailer for him. I had to put in a smaller pin, and move it closer to the front of the trailer.

The trailer still needs a couple more coats of silver, then I'm going to do the striping in blue. The original wheels I took off of Prime are going to be used for a scratch built Roller.

I've been trying to find a trailer for RM Prime but he's such an odd scale that there doesn't seem to be any existing toys that match up.ƂĀ  I've always wondered if they planned on making a trailer for him, too, since he's got that mysterious hole there...

I just noticed the new tires, that looks really fantastic!ƂĀ  Good work!

329766[/snapback]

329785[/snapback]

That's for the big Masterpiece Prime though, this is the little Robotmasters guy. They do share a striking resemblance though. ;)

329801[/snapback]

Whoops, somehow my obviously drug-addled brain mistook RM for MP somehow.

Damn, Hasbro and Takara will release a binaltech/alternator Optimus Prime as a Dodge Ram SRT 10 :angry:. As a completist I will buy him but will also let him in vehicle mode cause the leader is Masterpiece Prime... However the good new is that Mirage will be a Ford GT ( not the mustang like Grimlock and Wheeljack ). Pics at transformers.com and transformers related sites

i just saw him, i can say that i would rather have the MP Prime on display as the leader, this new Binaltech one does nothing for me, he looks fairly easy to transform though. i could not find pics of Mirage do you have them?

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Alt Prime is also in scale with the other ALternators (20th Prime is a1/28 scale) and actually looks like a real vehicle. No cab over tractor ever looked like 20th Prime, and I'm not just talking about minor details to aoid liscensing fees.

Unfortunately Alt Primes bot mode looks like crap. I'm hoping it's misstranformed, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of him being a street truck. I still think he should have been a dually, with standard suspension hieght.

Maybe I'll be able to mod his bot mode to look like something.

i just saw him, i can say that i would rather have the MP Prime on display as the leader, this new Binaltech one does nothing for me, he looks fairly easy to transform though. i could not find pics of Mirage do you have them?

chris

331293[/snapback]

www.seibertron.com

Just read the 1st line in the News topic :)

My god...those TF/SW things are an embarassment. I guess the Jedi Starfighter one looks OK, but the rest are just laughable.

Alt Prime is by far the least striking Alt so far. I hate street trucks, I hate his bot mode and I hate the fact that he apparently has seats hanging off his arms. The head looks nice though... And I suppose there is still a chance he is horribly mis-transformed, but I can't see many other alternatives to that design other than the waist being reversed.

Goddamn, I have to take a shower after looking at those SW Transformers, they make me feel all dirty.

For as much of a Star Wars toy collector as I am, I do not care for the Transformers in the least.

And Optimus Prime as a pickup truck? WTH? BAD call, Takara/whatever you're called now. It's really fugly, too. I'd vote it as the worst looking Binaltech in the line so far.

However... Mirage as a Ford GT? Oh HELL yes. Now that just makes me all kinds of giddy. I've wanted to see a GT ever since I knew Ford had agreed on the Transformers license. Although not an F-1 racer as many had hoped, I'm still thrilled that Mirage is on the way.

Cool, I hope to be getting that new TFTM movie DVD soon, since I only have the VHS version. The box art sucks, though -- I've always hated that one. The UK movie cover was always infinitely better, some Japanese guy did it. The original printing of the DVD version had it... How comes they can't re-use it?

Oh, and for the record -- Prime sucks (looks like a bootleg), and so do the Star Wars thingies. I heard the only reason they decided to make the SRT10 into Prime is 'cos pickup trucks don't really exist in Japan, but if they market it as Convoy, the Japanese will buy it. Yeah, not if it looks like THAT, Takara. <_<

post-1318-1127717465_thumb.jpg

Cool, I hope to be getting that new TFTM movie DVD soon, since I only have the VHS version.Ā  The box art sucks, though -- I've always hated that one.Ā  The UK movie cover was always infinitely better, some Japanese guy did it.Ā  The original printing of the DVD version had it... How comes they can't re-use it?Ā 

Found this Transformers Movie Reconstructed DVD Review and the results, sadly, dont seem to favourable....

also, the Star Wars things are a disappointment, why do they always do these characters transform thing? It would of been nicer if the ships transformed into either regular robots or characters from the Transformers line rather than Star Wars characters. look at how fugly the x-Wing looks as Luke? The Jedi Fighter though reminds me a bit of Vector Prime in GF.

Edited by obakesan

Speaking of Alt Optimus Prime, Hasbro has some pictures on their site:

Alternator Optimus Prime

Alt Mode

Robot Mode

The alt mode looks ok and is a change from all the sports cars lately, but not about it being "Optimus". Like MP op for that, or why not just make a 1/24 Semi Truck in scale with the other figures. Also, I wonder if this will be Hasbro only or will it be in the BT line as a Convoy or perhaps some other character in BT. If indeed it is Convoy in BT, how will the story be written that Convoy gets this body.

It would of been nicer if the ships transformed into either regular robots or characters from the Transformers line rather than Star Wars characters. look at how fugly the x-Wing looks as Luke? The Jedi Fighter though reminds me a bit of Vector Prime in GF.

I also wanted the SW ships/fighters to transform to regular robots. I think I have to redraw my old designs from the late 80`s and show it to Hasbro :angry:

Edited by Black Valkyrie

I'm in the minority but I like the Alt. Prime. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I had a red Dakota and this is the closest an Alternator will ever come to a vehicle I owned. I'd prefer if Prime had a chrome grill & bumper along with standard suspension. Mirage looks great. The bot mode is quite a bit different than any of the other Alternators. I think the fenders work great as shoulders.

The TRU GF Starscream is disappointing. Looks like I need to import if I want one. Primus will be very tempting. A planet Transformer that is an actual sphere appeals to me. It doesn't hurt that a fan of blue/gray color combos. Afte looking at Remy's gallery I have to have Soundwave!

Speaking of Alt Optimus Prime, Hasbro has some pictures on their site:

Alternator Optimus Prime

Alt Mode

Robot Mode

The alt mode looks ok and is a change from all the sports cars lately, but not about it being "Optimus". Like MP op for that, or why not just make a 1/24 Semi Truck in scale with the other figures. Also, I wonder if this will be Hasbro only or will it be in the BT line as a Convoy or perhaps some other character in BT. If indeed it is Convoy in BT, how will the story be written that Convoy gets this body.

331582[/snapback]

those legs just remind me too much of optimus pants from armada...