Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

but Yamato's Macross toys are the best there is.

337610[/snapback]

Hah, is that a disclaimer so the Yamato fanboys don't lynch ya? I personally haven't been too impressed with Yamato's work. The 1/48 is okay, but the best valk toy ever made is obviously Bandai's Hi-Compact model. :D

Edited by danth

but Yamato's Macross toys are the best there is.

337610[/snapback]

Hah, is that a disclaimer so the Yamato fanboys don't lynch ya? I personally haven't been too impressed with Yamato's work. The 1/48 is okay, but the best valk toy ever made is obviously Bandai's Hi-Compact model. :D

337729[/snapback]

blah blah blah, rohby's cusom joke machines are far superior. :ph34r:

Hah, is that a disclaimer so the Yamato fanboys don't lynch ya?

Not really, it's just that I haven't seen any mass produced toys that have impressed me as much as the Yamato's have. Comparing the VF-1s and the Binaltech/Alternators, the VF-1s actually look like they could work and be real (eventhough it's almost physically impossible), and while the Bin/Alts look accurate as cars they are somewhat lacking in realism as robots. The Hory Froating Head really did his homework on the VF designs and it shows in the Yamato's. The Bin/Alts are still cool though.

Oh yeah, nobody answered my question. Are there gonna be alternator-type jets, or was that just a rumor? I ask because I would go nuts over 'em, if they were made.

338238[/snapback]

I also heard there were gonna be jets made. I would also like to see some vans say a remake of Ironhide and Ratchet would be nice.

The availability of Alternators sucks in the U.K everwhere is always sold out and they never get the full range, also they cost £17.99 here. I am anoyed that Walmart Canada are selling them so cheap my friend was there a few days ago. He came back with an almost empty case. :(

Is there any confirmation that Broadcast (Blaster) is the next reissue? (TFC 21).  If yes, any clue if he will come with one of his tapes?

338178[/snapback]

according to the picture at Image Anime it will come with Steeljaw, I hope this helps B))

http://matrixcollectibles.site.yahoo.com/blre21p.html

To me, it isn't so much that we are getting Blaster. It is the fact that it confirms the reissue line is continuing. :) I want to see Artfire, and I would love to have all the TF cassettes (including the Japanese ones) reissued. I wonder if we will see Twincast released down the line?

I would love to have all the TF cassettes (including the Japanese ones) reissued. 

338428[/snapback]

Agreed. To me that's the whole point of having Soundwave and Blaster.

I'd like to see them bring out another set like the Minibot set, but with cassettes. Especially Squawktalk and Beatbox. B))

agreed about the cassettes, a box set would be awesome and a definete pick up for me. I am not to thrilled about Blaster either i also do not like him, I think his colors are horrible. by the way does anyone here know if the Robot Masters Vicory Leo and Star Saber can still combine?

thansk

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Oh yeah, nobody answered my question. Are there gonna be alternator-type jets, or was that just a rumor? I ask because I would go nuts over 'em, if they were made.

338238[/snapback]

Alternator jets are just a rumor from hopeful fans. I think that Hasbro has mentioned looking at higher price points in the past but has never confirmed if this is larger cars/trucks or if it would be jets/helis. The line that comes after Cybertron and before the movie is supposed to have a Starscream that looks like a real jet. A picture was shown at Botcon(?) but I've not seen the picture turn up on the net.

338238[/snapback]

Alternator jets are just a rumor from hopeful fans. I think that Hasbro has mentioned looking at higher price points in the past but has never confirmed if this is larger cars/trucks or if it would be jets/helis. The line that comes after Cybertron and before the movie is supposed to have a Starscream that looks like a real jet. A picture was shown at Botcon(?) but I've not seen the picture turn up on the net.

338540[/snapback]

thanks for the info...

it's sad, but when the BT/ALT line started I was so enthusiastic for the line but the toys and designs just started getting crapier... poor transformation sequences, limited posability... the fact that the decepticons are more or less retreads of the autobots.. I really don't care all that much at this point..

that is one of the reasons why I no longer collect the Bianltech line. they are nothing more then repaints. I understand that the original G1 series had alot of repaints and they are trying to repelcate the orginal toy line but more newer and with improved detail and poseability, but i am getting board with it already. there have been a few nice ones here and there, but I really need more. I wish they would do a Binaltech Classics series or something useing the exact cars and designs from the 1980's but improving them so they have better detail and more poseability like the new series, I would so buy those .

chris

that is one of the reasons why I no longer collect the Bianltech line. they are nothing more then repaints. I understand that the original G1 series had alot of repaints and they are trying to repelcate the orginal toy line but more newer and with improved detail and poseability, but i am getting board with it already. there have been a few nice ones here and there, but I really need more. I wish they would do a Binaltech Classics series or something useing the exact cars and designs from the 1980's but improving them so they have better detail and more poseability like the new series, I would so buy those .

chris

338547[/snapback]

Im mainlly collecting things I see going up in value, and the BT's go down

I'm still diggin' the Bin/Alts. Granted they don't come out as rapidly as I'd like and the repaints elicit little more than a half-interested yawn from me, but I still like the new sculpts. Well, Prime is a stinker so far, but I'm still going to wait an see on him. If the legs can be altered and the seats can easily be taken off the arms, I'm in.

As for Bin/Alt Classics, I would LOVE a line like that. It wouldn't just have to be limited to the cars the original TFs were based on either. I'd love to see TFs based on cars all the way back to the Model T. For the most part classic cars have much more aesthetic appeal than current ones do.

And a line of Bin/Alt jets, hell, even ONE jet, would be 2 kool for skool.

Come a year ago.... the BT/Alt line was bright and upcoming with the release of Meister and Grimlock.... now.... eh... i'm not too excited about getting the rest of the line..... except maybe the repaints Shockwave and Wheeljack.... hahaha...

Where can i see pics of the Prime Alt?? i just heard about it... and i wanna see!!! haha.... maybe i'll go look around Tformers or somewhere to find out...

I'm still diggin' the Bin/Alts.  Granted they don't come out as rapidly as I'd like and the repaints elicit little more than a half-interested yawn from me, but I still like the new sculpts.  Well, Prime is a stinker so far, but I'm still going to wait an see on him.  If the legs can be altered and the seats can easily be taken off the arms, I'm in. 

As for Bin/Alt Classics, I would LOVE a line like that.  It wouldn't just have to be limited to the cars the original TFs were based on either.  I'd love to see TFs based on cars all the way back to the Model T.  For the most part classic cars have much more aesthetic appeal than current ones do. 

And a line of Bin/Alt jets, hell, even ONE jet, would be 2 kool for skool.

338576[/snapback]

Not likely.... Takara/Hasbro probably lost the rights to the mold awhile ago..... Even though Skyfire/Jetfire was my favorite Transformer.... i really wish they would have made an original SkyFire Transformer.... But... its kinda cool the have the crossover Jetfire that combines my TF and Macross collection... =] i just need to complete mine...that's all

I wonder if they`ll reissue Jetfire ?

338589[/snapback]

if anything I'll probably want the ehobby exclusive of blaster, I think his name is twincast. Unless takara is planning to make him later down the line as part of the series like they did with soundwave and soundblaster.

I can imagine Blaster and Soundwave Alts being some ghettoed out car/van with some stupid ass bass speakers all over the place.

338770[/snapback]

aaactually, you're right on the money with Blaster. He's a tricked out xB...

Not likely.... Takara/Hasbro probably lost the rights to the mold awhile ago..... Even though Skyfire/Jetfire was my favorite Transformer.... i really wish they would have made an original SkyFire Transformer.... But... its kinda cool the have the crossover Jetfire that combines my TF and Macross collection... =] i just need to complete mine...that's all

338589[/snapback]

338591[/snapback]

I know its not really meant to be in this area of the forum but I always wanted an Anime acurate Skyfire I love the Jetfire obviously but hes not really Transformer-ish. To that end I am looking at making my own using all my modeling and moldmaking skills. If I do get some success then I will of cause post at M.W first. If It goes how I want it I may even be able to make resin casts from it.

338589[/snapback]

338591[/snapback]

I know its not really meant to be in this area of the forum but I always wanted an Anime acurate Skyfire I love the Jetfire obviously but hes not really Transformer-ish. To that end I am looking at making my own using all my modeling and moldmaking skills. If I do get some success then I will of cause post at M.W first. If It goes how I want it I may even be able to make resin casts from it.

339006[/snapback]

If it turns out really really well, and I mean it would have to be a professional job, I'd be all over it.

If it turns out really really well, and I mean it would have to be a professional job, I'd be all over it.

339033[/snapback]

I will take some time and unless its perfect then I will bin it. Perfect means 100% no corners cut etc. Over the years I have seen the levels some of the Anime acurate scratch built stuff and unless its spot on its no good, so i will push my self right to the limit to make it to the best of my abilities.

Rigth now Im just gathering stills of Skyfire and thinking about the construction soon I will start some sketches etc then plan it out. I want him to be the same size as the 1/55 Vf1 as this is in keeping to his "original roots".

339033[/snapback]

I will take some time and unless its perfect then I will bin it. Perfect means 100% no corners cut etc. Over the years I have seen the levels some of the Anime acurate scratch built stuff and unless its spot on its no good, so i will push my self right to the limit to make it to the best of my abilities.

Rigth now Im just gathering stills of Skyfire and thinking about the construction soon I will start some sketches etc then plan it out. I want him to be the same size as the 1/55 Vf1 as this is in keeping to his "original roots".

339045[/snapback]

Awesome, I look forward to seeing your progress.

It's 6 figures from the first wave of 1995. Done in metallic paint schemes, each for 14.99 and a DVD, + each have 1 part to build a transmutate.

Megatron and Primal get all new molds and will be deluxe size too, they will look NOTHING like the Robot master versions, and Aaron Archer, the brand manager for hasbro, said he was very dissapointed with the robot master versions. The new megatron and primal I hear look very awesome, and megatrons tail can seperate as well.(you could not do this with the original but you could with the robot master).

And whats wrong with transmetals? I like them! Some of the transmetal 2s I could care less about, but I would love to get my hands on a tm2 red dragon megatron, optimal optimus, and rampage. Do it in metallic paints though, no chrome!