Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

there is also a limited edition orange seeker jet. sunfire, sunstorm,?

Edited by zeo-mare

there is also a limited edition orange seeker jet.  sunfire, sunstorm,?

383053[/snapback]

Sunstorm.

http://oneshallstand.com/2002-04/images/g1v3_issue2.jpg

He played a very large role in the first six issues of the Dreamwave Comic's Third G1 Series before it was canceled. Def. worth checking out. It's a great read with an awesome storyline IMO.

SPOILER

Sunstorm ends up fighting Jetfire (Skyfire) a number of times throughout his run in the series.

Edited by Veritas

TFs were my first love before Macross, and Thundercracker was my first Decepticon.

MP-04 Thundercracker ... that would make my year.

383006[/snapback]

while not my 1st transformer ever, thundercraker was my 1st seeker, so he also holds a special place in my heart.

Where there any old TF videogames on the 16-bit or 32-bit consoles cuz I only there is for the Jap NES.

382962[/snapback]

Famicom (NES): Mystery of Comvoy (crap game, misspelt and all)

Playstation and PC: Beast Wars (crap game)

Playsatation and Nintendo 64: Beast Wars: Transmetals (has voices of most of the cast)

Playstation 2: Transformers G1 Tatakai (Somehow, a PSOne game from 1996 managed to teleport into 2003 and become a PS2 game. Awful).

Playstation 2: Transformers (Based upon Armada, quite a good, if somewhat simple shoot-em up style game. Great graphics. Beloved by the gaming press.)

yup he looks awesome, i am definetly getting him i also want to pick up the Galaxy Convoy as well.

chris

Thundercracker was certainly my first Decepticon, and might have even been before Sideswipe for first TF ever.  He's the only TF I have on permanent display. Thundercracker is my all-time fave.

383162[/snapback]

Uncanny. I think Tundercracker and Swideswipe were my two firsts too.

i just decided to grab up the Galaxy Convoy one off of ebay tisinc had it for cheap plus i have some ebay coupons so i spent only around $41.00 with shipping. B)) i cannot wait to get this. once a usa store starts to get the Optimus Prime one i will definetly grab that one up

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Sundown--then how's this? I went through 3 of each I think. Sideswipe---kept breaking the doors off the arms, Dad could only superglue them back on so many times.

Thundercracker--I don't really know what happened, but I went through 3 of him, too. I distinctly remember the last one being one of those that you could mail away for with robot points, after he was gone from the shelves.

Now, if you needed 3 of each due to wear/loss/replacements, THAT'd be scary. :)

geez man! THANKS ALOT! NOW I have to go get me one! It looks awesom! Guess I gotta get a Hot Rod to stick in the back too!

:lol:

Yeah, apparently the demand for THS G1 Convoy has been insane and a lot of stores have had to cancel over half of their preorders. I ordered from BBTS in December, so i'm hoping I can still get one.

Take a look at Ebay and you'll get an idea of the demand. In a matter of hours the price for him went from $50 to $180.

Yeah, apparently the demand for THS G1 Convoy has been insane and a lot of stores have had to cancel over half of their preorders.  I ordered from BBTS in December, so i'm hoping I can still get one.

Take a look at Ebay and you'll get an idea of the demand.  In a matter of hours the price for him went from $50 to $180.

383767[/snapback]

Someone showed me a link where they still MIGHT be avialible for $60. I just preordered and hope mine comes in. :huh:

Sundown--then how's this?  I went through 3 of each I think.  Sideswipe---kept breaking the doors off the arms, Dad could only superglue them back on so many times. 

Thundercracker--I don't really know what happened, but I went through 3 of him, too.  I distinctly remember the last one being one of those that you could mail away for with robot points, after he was gone from the shelves. 

Now, if you needed 3 of each due to wear/loss/replacements, THAT'd be scary.  :)

383549[/snapback]

Well, I can't say I owned three, but I did manage to break both of them and then never found a replacement. One of Thundercracker's wings broke off in a dropping-on-cement mishap-- and now I think about it, I might not have broken sideswipe. I might have just traded it away like the dumb kid I was. I think I managed to get an Optimus Prime for that one-winged Thundercracker though. But I remember the good toys being impossible to find after a little while, and I never was able to get another Swideswipe until now.

It doesn't make any sense to me now how they could make toys that kids want badly, then leave existing demand unsatisfied even many months afterwards.

Instead, they just moved onto weirder and uglier versions.

Same experience with G.I. Joes. There was a time where all the good toys were widely available. Then they'd all dissapear, only to be replaced with rows and rows of that Zartan chick or some other figure no one wants.

geez man! THANKS ALOT! NOW I have to go get me one! It looks awesom! Guess I gotta get a Hot Rod to stick in the back too!

383689[/snapback]

IIINM (If I Am Not Mistaken, haha) that's a Worlds Smallest Transformer of Hot Rod in the pics right?

383689[/snapback]

IIINM (If I Am Not Mistaken, haha) that's a Worlds Smallest Transformer of Hot Rod in the pics right?

383845[/snapback]

Yes sir it is. If i remember i think he might even be one of the easier to find chases from the second series of WST. He's still a chase though i think, so you'll probably end up paying more than the price you would for some of the more run of the mill guys.

Edited by Veritas

Yeah, apparently the demand for THS G1 Convoy has been insane and a lot of stores have had to cancel over half of their preorders.  I ordered from BBTS in December, so i'm hoping I can still get one.

Take a look at Ebay and you'll get an idea of the demand.  In a matter of hours the price for him went from $50 to $180.

383767[/snapback]

that $180.00 price is ridiculous, do not go buy that , some people just do not realize that this is a mass produced figure and go crazy on ebay, i posted the clown who has the buy it now for $180.00 in the auctions of stupidity section. the price will be no more then $50.00 to $60.00 just wait alittle bit and you will be able to get it. all the ones on ebay are ending for around that price or have low buy it now so do not worry you vguys will be able to get one soon, i know i will. :)

chris

If anyone has already got their hands on one of the HBS-02 primes could they give me the low down on what the stability of the bot is like when it's put into all those crazy poses. It definitely seems more poseable than the masterpiece prime but I'm just wondering whether those poses are stable. BTW - anyone know any good sites that have toy reviews for the thing?

Tnx

More THS-02 Convoy pics .

383975[/snapback]

Awesome, thanks for the heads up black valkyrie (i was just about to call you black convoy haha), even though i've already preordered mine (and i'm hoping it sticks) everytime i see new pics it just blows me away at amazing this little figure is. I really hope takaratomy takes notice and opts for a second release with how popular the figure is becoming. Everyone needs one of these bad boys. :D

Edited by Veritas

can anyone tell me if Vector Primes import figure is superior to the US one ? from what i saw in the picutres he looked far better.

chris

JP Vector Prime has more paint apps, and better colors overall.  Especially check the wings.

384317[/snapback]

Yeah i made the mistake of buying the cybertron version thinking it was one of the only figures that was pretty much the same as the GF release. Boy was i wrong after i took a at gander at these pics:

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act294/

He doesn't have pictures of the american release granted, but you can find those anywhere and when you do, you'll see the differences.

Edited by Veritas

Yeah i made the mistake of buying the cybertron version thinking it was one of the only figures that was pretty much the same as the GF release. Boy was i wrong after i took a at gander at these pics:

Yup...same here. What a joke.

The Masterpiece Convoy came out a couple of years ago now. It's a pretty big toy, at least 12 inches tall. It was released in the U.S. by Hasbro as the 20th Anniversary Prime. It doesn't come with a trailer, but now there are a couple unnofficial MPC trailers you can buy.

The Hybrid Convoy is designed by Shoji Kawamori. It's very tiny, not even as tall as the original Prime toy (and the original was only, what? 5-6 inches?). Verty detailed for such a tiny toy, very articulated, moreso than the Masterpiece toy it would seem. It comes complete with a trailer and roller (the little, 6-wheeled cart that came with the original).