Miyatake Design Works Coming At last!

Graham

I imagine the book will only cover Macross and Orguss hence the title. The first section, I predict will be quite larger than the second Orguss section. This book could be thicker than the Kawamori Macross Mecha Design Works book. Unfortunately, I doubt that all of Miyatake's designs will be included-just mecha and ships. I just hope we get some new line-art (which we probably will). Rear view of the LDR-04 Destroid Maverick would be awesome. What would be really kick @$$ would be if some line-art of the Destroids contained in the Macross Hobby Hand Book 1 -- at least at a "Competion" level, if not Finished Designs and more VF-1 line-art *drools*

Actually, you don't really need the ability to read Japanese to order from Amazon.jp as they have pages in English for entering your order details (click on the English buton at the top of the page). Of course the item descriptions are still in Japanese though. I've been ordering stuff from them for ages without problem, and I don't read a word of Japanese.

Graham

So can anybody identify what the images on the cover of the book are?

Graham

they seem to be internal mechanics for the legs of some kind of mecha. Don´t know if it´s Macross related or Orguss stuff.

Hope I get it right.

Anyway , is there a possibility of seeing some kind of Macross Zero mecha in the book ? I don´t remeber if Miyatake worked in M0 or not , if so what did he design ? ( I´m hoping we get some OCTOS detailed line-art).

I think it's all VF-1 Internal workings.

Based on the fact that there's going to be more Macross than Orguss <_< and the fact that I can see the back of a VF-1's knees in one of the images. Probably the hands and more detailed inner machinery.

Actually, you don't really need the ability to read Japanese to order from Amazon.jp as they have pages in English for entering your order details (click on the English buton at the top of the page). Of course the item descriptions are still in Japanese though. I've been ordering stuff from them for ages without problem, and I don't read a word of Japanese.

Graham

Yes you are correct Graham.

• 1 month later...

The publisher's website is now showing a release date of April instead of March.

発行 2005年4月発売予定

ISBN 4-89601-629-7

税込価格 3150円

通販価格 3550円(送料・通販手数料込)

日本のSF、アニメに多大な貢献と影響を与え続ける宮武一貴のデザインワークを本人完全監修の元で制作した資料集。代表作「マクロス」「オーガス」の極秘資料をテキストに、デザインワークを解明する。メカデザインの枠にとどまらず、作品世界をヴィジュアルとして構築する巨人の歴史書でもある。

miyatake-design.jpg

Graham

The publisher's website is now showing a release date of April instead of March.

発行 2005年4月発売予定

ISBN 4-89601-629-7

税込価格 3150円

通販価格 3550円(送料・通販手数料込)

日本のSF、アニメに多大な貢献と影響を与え続ける宮武一貴のデザインワークを本人完全監修の元で制作した資料集。代表作「マクロス」「オーガス」の極秘資料をテキストに、デザインワークを解明する。メカデザインの枠にとどまらず、作品世界をヴィジュアルとして構築する巨人の歴史書でもある。

miyatake-design.jpg

Graham

Nice cover , I hope we get a load of lineart and color pages , I actually hope forsome nice illustrations.

Is this thing going to include some Macross Zero desings or not ? at least the Cheyenne and OCTOS Destroids ?

Awesome, but, er, why'd this get moved to the Toys section?

Err....because I wasn't really sure whether to post it in the anime or toys forum. I mean it's a book, so it's not an anime, but then again neither is it a toy!?????? :huh: .

So I thought, post it first in the Macross anime section so people who mostly visit that section will see the news and then move it to the Macross toy forum as I guess (in my mind at least) a book is closer to a toy than an anime :) .

Graham

If its a pop-up book we can call it a toy. :D

Anyone know where we can get this thing in So Cal? I mean locally here in So Cal?

I'm pretty sure kinokuniya will have it in. And a month later the bootleg should be in the toy district. ;):p:D:lol:

Is this thing going to include some Macross Zero desings or not ? at least the Cheyenne and OCTOS Destroids ?

Junya Ishigaki designed both the Octos and Cheyenne, so they will definitely not be in this book, which is about Miyatake's designs.

Graham

Junya Ishigaki designed both the Octos and Cheyenne, so they will definitely not be in this book, which is about Miyatake's designs.

Graham

Wow, I didn't know they got a third mecha designer. Wonder why they did that?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried ordering this from Kinokuniya earlier but they didn't even have the ISBN on record. I know Angolz has it in their database, but I just want to pick it up... I can't even find the Tenjin in there yet. :(

Middle of May is ok... I'm getting this ASAP though!

Edited by >EXO<

• 5 weeks later...