Yamato 1/48 GBP Pic

Graham

I have to agree with Graham. All of you with a 1/48 can tell. Look at the picture and the armour does not extend below the wings (assuming that the picture is scaled). The nosecone of the 1/48 dips ~1cm below the wingtips.

I have to agree with Graham. All of you with a 1/48 can tell. Look at the picture and the armour does not extend below the wings (assuming that the picture is scaled). The nosecone of the 1/48 dips ~1cm below the wingtips.

Yur right. Oh well...so much for "perfect transformation".

:lol:

But the 1/60's cone droops below the wings by abit and the armour fits it in. So we'll see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Hikaru lose the armor in DYRL? right in the middle of a fight? Did he have his nosecone hidden in a pocket somewhere? Since these are only the preliminary designs in CAD, I would hope that they would adjust the length of the crotch armor to at least go to the very tip of the nosecone. I thought the purpose of the 1/48 was to get away from the "removing parts" transofmation (I know adding the armor isn't really in line with transforming, but damn!).

Thanks for the pics G!

Well... I think none of us want the groin armor go beyond the knees, the 1/48 nosecone is already odd in battroid mode.

What it really need are bigger hands.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Hikaru lose the armor in DYRL? right in the middle of a fight? Did he have his nosecone hidden in a pocket somewhere? Since these are only the preliminary designs in CAD, I would hope that they would adjust the length of the crotch armor to at least go to the very tip of the nosecone. I thought the purpose of the 1/48 was to get away from the "removing parts" transofmation (I know adding the armor isn't really in line with transforming, but damn!).

Thanks for the pics G!

Hikaru had only the Super FAST Packs on in the movie. He never had the GBP in the movie. FAST Packs do not mount any armour or weapons systems on the nose or fuselage, only on the dorsal, forearms and outer leg sections.

About the 1/48 GBP Battroid sans the nosecone issue... We were never shown in the anime; whether or not the GBP armor was installed with or without the nosecone. So I'm gonna ASSUME with authority that the ground techies DID indeed remove the nosecone before setting up the GBP armor.

Here's why... Ya don't see many footballers wear their ball-guards beyond the field while hanging out in their favorite tight-fitting jeans. The GBP is tight as well as more than fitting for the Valk, ya know.

Oh, and my comparison of the nosecone to a balls-guard is spot on, don't any of you deny it. They're both protecting something. :p:D:lol:

:huh: big shoulders again...

I don't get it... fulcy made shoulder cannons that fit without the shoulder inserts.... <_<

About the 1/48 GBP Battroid sans the nosecone issue... We were never shown in the anime; whether or not the GBP armor was installed with or without the nosecone. So I'm gonna ASSUME with authority that the ground techies DID indeed remove the nosecone before setting up the GBP armor.

They show hikaru jettisonning the GBP in the series, nose cone intact. I don't mind the nosecone removal, if it looks good...

Edited by >EXO<

They show hikaru jettisonning the GBP in the series, nose cone intact. I don't mind the nosecone removal, if it looks good...

Actually, what you said is true. But the nosecone was stowed somewhere in them cargo pockets. It was installed by the Battroid's hands during transformation from Gerwalk to Fighter. Most of you just didn't catch it! :D:p:lol:

I just think they havent drawn the hands in. Im sure it will have hands of some kind, they arent likely to go to all that trouble to leave the hands off!

As for the nosecone: Ive always thought of the GBP armour as a way of making the VF a heavy ground troop or something. The nosecone removale is no issue for me either.

and thanx for the comments re the 1j super armour on the low viz. I mIGHT just have to save and do that...

Coota0 Posted on Nov 25 2004, 02:14 PM

Does th GBP have extra sensors? Because the visibility of the GBP sucks.

I just checked out MAC COMPENDIUM and I didn't find anything about the GBP having extra sensors. Of course, I've always been under the impression that the GBP is just armor and armaments, as oppose to the FASTPACKS.

Can anyone please confirm this?!

Edited by connor99

I don't get it... fulcy made shoulder cannons that fit without the shoulder inserts.... <_<

That's just cause I'm that good ;) I guess this is why you asked about the shoulder armor pics - I'll try and get them back online...

That bugs me to heck, too. The cheezy shoulder block attachments to make the missle pods sit on top of the shoulders, rather than hanging over on the toy like it would without. I'm guessing they're trying to match the way it looks in animation and line art, which is actually disporportionate... and impossible on toy that looks decent in battroid without armor.

I'd rather do without the silly shoulder prosthetics, even if the missle pod fit is a little innaccurate. At least it'd look GOOD. It's the way that custom Armored VF-1J model had it.

Hrm. Now if fulcy could make us custom shoulder missle pods without corny and disproportionate shoulder pad prosthetics. Hrm. *nudge nudge*

-Al

Here are the pics for the shoulder armor I've come up with. You can see how the armor overhangs the edge of the shoulder, and I'm toying with the idea of cleaning up that side by just closing it in - making a sloped surface that closes up that side, and maybe contains a thruster or some sort of vent... Or I'll leave it open - really depends on how it looks...

https://home.comcast.net/~macross75/AG/01.JPG

https://home.comcast.net/~macross75/AG/02.JPG

https://home.comcast.net/~macross75/AG/03.JPG

https://home.comcast.net/~macross75/AG/04.JPG

https://home.comcast.net/~macross75/AG/05.JPG

https://home.comcast.net/~macross75/AG/06.JPG

https://home.comcast.net/~macross75/AG/07.JPG

https://home.comcast.net/~macross75/AG/08.JPG

https://home.comcast.net/~macross75/AG/09.JPG

https://home.comcast.net/~macross75/AG/10.JPG

EDIT: added other pics - of my shoulder armor in battroid mode

Edited by fulcy

Yeah...keep the nosecone away and it will make the GPB-1S more true to the anime. It is not like that we can press a button and the armour gets jettisoned ;)

Remember it is a toy afterall but a damn good toy, worth any bucks!

Valk009 :)

As for the nosecone: Ive always thought of the GBP armour as a way of making the VF a heavy ground troop or something. The nosecone removale is no issue for me either.

Well, when they show the GBP armor in the TV show, it can be ejected leaving a fully functional Valk with nosecone. ("Miss Macross".) Same thing with the GBP prototype shown in Macross Zero.

Does it have any guns? What does it do if it runs out of missles?

The GBP has no extra guns, so when it runs out of missiles you have a choice: either retain it for whatever residual armor it provides or eject it so that you can convert to Gerwalk or Fighter mode as needed. Either way, you should still have the Valk's basic gunpod.

(Another consideration would be whether the GBP's boosters give it a greater total acceleration than a bare Valk, or if they merely compensate for the added mass. But I don't know the answer to that.)

The GBP has no extra guns, so when it runs out of missiles you have a choice: either retain it for whatever residual armor it provides or eject it so that you can convert to Gerwalk or Fighter mode as needed. Either way, you should still have the Valk's basic gunpod.

u should?

Where?

Does it store in the armour somewhere?

u should?

Where?

Does it store in the armour somewhere?

couldn't it just hold one in its hands?

:D:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol: I mean, PPL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:lol:

Pure perfection, I tell y'a...I must say I didn't see it coming even after Kevin said Yamato planned one but now, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now my VF-1J is finally getting it's armor - My VF-1S has the DYRL packs, and M&M's came very well equiped too. But I decided to buy the standard

Hikaru/Rick J because I was hoping for the GBP - HAHA

It's coming!!!!!!!!!!!

wonder what the price is going to be.....

Awesome. Can't wait to see the toy itself.

Never owned any 1/60s so now I feel justified devoted solely on 1/48 valks and thier packs.

Now I wonder whether we will see a clear edition of the gbp? hehe Imagine being able to see all the missiles under the the hood without opening, and the valk naked while it was wearing the armor? Just to show off the toy of course.

The nosecone must morph into shape or disappear altogether in the anime while wearing the armor. Similar to how roy was able to make hikaru and minmay's detached cockpit of the vt disapear mysteriously when rescued in sdf macross. :D

You see the nosecone goes all soft when the valk's skin gets cold to help it in harsh environments (ala guld's yf21 morphing skin trick). And when it gets hot and the valk wants to impress others with its manliness, the nosecone extends. Think of it like the snail retracting and extending into and out of its shell. [/end absolute bs explanation.] :D

imo I think they should later combine the strike and super parts set with the gbp set as 1 big-ass package as opposed to having them seperate. Maybe somehow they could fit all that stuff in a single box and save us some cash? I would prefer that to a valk+gbp pack.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i can't believe people are actually complaining about having to taking off the nose cone. :rolleyes:

honestly, its not that big of a deal. i rather like the idea of having to remove the nosecone simply due to the fact that it won't look ridiculously big. second, the bigger the crotch armor, the less poseable it'll be.

as far as people complaining about having to swap out parts...hello? if you put the FP and/or GBP armor on/off, you're swapping out parts. ;) one more piece to put on or take off really won't kill you.

"yeah but what about it being perfect transformation?" to that i say...

whats the deal with the gunpod strap? the intake covers? why can't the RMS missile magically disappear into the wings like it does in the show? and where the heck do i put the little neck brace thingy?

in otherwords, it never was "perfect transformation" to begin with and it hasn't stopped anyone from buying them.

i can't believe people are actually complaining about having to taking off the nose cone. :rolleyes:

honestly, its not that big of a deal. i rather like the idea of having to remove the nosecone simply due to the fact that it won't look ridiculously big. second, the bigger the crotch armor, the less poseable it'll be.

as far as people complaining about having to swap out parts...hello? if you put the FP and/or GBP armor on/off, you're swapping out parts. ;) one more piece to put on or take off really won't kill you.

"yeah but what about it being perfect transformation?" to that i say...

whats the deal with the gunpod strap? the intake covers? why can't the RMS missile magically disappear into the wings like it does in the show? and where the heck do i put the little neck brace thingy?

in otherwords, it never was "perfect transformation" to begin with and it hasn't stopped anyone from buying them.

Besides the nosecone we have to swap the hands and use the bigger version if we want to display it with the gunpod too :lol: well with the GBP-1 it isn't supposed to transform, so who cares about perfect transformation...uhm... what do you want? perfect jettison GBP-1S ?! :blink:

OT: when the RMS magically disappear into the wings? I ever thought the valks can't close the wings with large stuff like the RMS or UUM-7 on, and i don't remember seeing them disappear.

i can't believe people are actually complaining about having to taking off the nose cone.  :rolleyes: 

honestly, its not that big of a deal.  i rather like the idea of having to remove the nosecone simply due to the fact that it won't look ridiculously big.  second, the bigger the crotch armor, the less poseable it'll be. 

as far as people complaining about having to swap out parts...hello? if you put the FP and/or GBP armor on/off, you're swapping out parts.  ;)  one more piece to put on or take off really won't kill you.

"yeah but what about it being perfect transformation?"  to that i say...

whats the deal with the gunpod strap?  the intake covers?  why can't the RMS missile magically disappear into the wings like it does in the show?  and where the heck do i put the little neck brace thingy?

Besides the nosecone we have to swap the hands and use the bigger version if we want to display it with the gunpod too :lol: well with the GBP-1 it isn't supposed to transform, so who cares about perfect transformation...uhm... what do you want? perfect jettison GBP-1S ?! :blink:

OT: when the RMS magically disappear into the wings? I ever thought the valks can't close the wings with large stuff like the RMS or UUM-7 on, and i don't remember seeing them disappear.

Probably means the AMM missiles during the late 1st half of the eps in SDF Macross.

It is a simple fix on the 1/60 to get the armor to fit on the stock shoulder. I'm sure the 1/48 will be no different. There is a bit of an overhang, but I prefer that over the huge shoulders (since the coloring is inaccurate for a number of the valks).

Just cut a couple of pieces of craft foam and attach with double stick tape.

GBP-2.jpg

GBP-3.jpg

It is a simple fix on the 1/60 to get the armor to fit on the stock shoulder. I'm sure the 1/48 will be no different. There is a bit of an overhang, but I prefer that over the huge shoulders (since the coloring is inaccurate for a number of the valks).

Just cut a couple of pieces of craft foam and attach with double stick tape.

GBP-2.jpg

GBP-3.jpg

nice!!! Might have to do this to the 1/48... or get a couple of recasts from fulcy... whichever looks better, hopefully Yamato will fix that before they release it. Other than that it looks gorgeous!