destroids by yamato

do not disturb

so i know this topic has come up time and time again but i was thinking....

why doesn't yamato(or some other Co.) make them and sell them as sets of 2. one of the arguements before was it wouldn't profitable for them to do individual releases since they don't TF or do much of anything. most people said they'd pay $40-$50 per destroid, so standing in yamato shoes, why not release them in sets? like the tomahawk and phalax together and sell them for $100 or something? wouldn't it be profitable then? i mean, you gotta buy 2 even if you just want 1.

anyhow, i don't know if any of this makes sense but i figured it wouldn't hurt to get a discussion going.

I'm surprised they haven't done this yet. Here's another idea... why don't they sell a set with a Macross Zero destroid and then the original one??? I think that would be cool. It would definitely keep my interest in toys going.

Right now my collection consist of the old large size ones and a paper made MAC II. I need more though, and to have high detailed destroids would be cool. Can the gound forces get some love??? :rolleyes:

Sell them in pairs to force people to buy destroids they're not that interested in? I don't think that would work very well. Well, I suppose the favorite is the Tomahawk (it says so here), so if they package it with the Defender, and put the Spartan and Phalanx in the other package, they might get away with it.

I would just counsel patience, though. I'm hopeful that Yamato will maintain a trickle of Macross stuff even as they branch into other anime (like the motorcyle from Megazone 23).

I'm hopeful that Yamato will maintain a trickle of Macross stuff even as they branch into other anime (like the motorcyle from Megazone 23).

Nah, as long as they give me a Garland, I say SCREW the Destroids :lol:

*Ducks thrown chair*

:unsure:

you want to die young? :angry:

:D:lol:

as far as packaging in pairs, i'm just thinking if they sold them individually, they'll run out of tomahawks(or whatevers most popular) before anything else. then the market will be saturated with a bunch of defenders and spartans that nobody is going to pay retail for. by packing them in pairs, it lets them sell 2 in one shot, yamato makes more money and it also cuts down cost of shipping for us guys in the US. i mean, the spartan is probably my least favorite but if yamato or whoever starts putting out destroids, i know i'm going to buy them all, as well as most everyone here....we all got a little completist bug in us.

eh, what do i know? i'm just throwing some ideas out. :p

Not a bad idea.

But I don't think they'd be around U$S 100 the set of two. Since the destroids are not that popular Yamato would have to recover the cost of the tooling and design , so they'd end up being a bit pricey (like Millia's Q-Rau).

I'd want them in 1/60 (since it's the most complete line and I really dig 1/60's). I'd buy them all, including the MKII Monster :lol:

I know they don't transform but even at 1/60 I'd expect opening missiles hatches, great articulation, and detail.

Maybe it all rests on how well Qrau sells? Once they finish releasing the purple (not the blue max one which looks purple, I mean the female purple ones) and maybe green ones, they might think nobody cares for the other mecha and only focus on the VF? Voting with the $ is the key to getting them confident enough to do it. I thought the qrau was expensive but I ate up the cost out of fear that less popular mecha would not get any love.

Like I said in another thread, if only macross wasn't so old I bet there would be much more variety in the toy releases. And even though the konig tranforms there are still those who don't think it does anything for them. It's all conditional on how much excitement there is.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well supposedly the 1/60 Monster is coming out. (Yeah right! I believe it when I see it.) Anyways, the possible scale for the other destroids is 1/60. I dont see a 1/48 because of the sheer size and weight. As much as I want to have them in 1/48, I dont see that happening. If they do come out, I would be all over it like white on rice. :lol: Of course how many is the question. :lol::p

as far as packaging in pairs, i'm just thinking if they sold them individually, they'll run out of tomahawks(or whatevers most popular) before anything else. then the market will be saturated with a bunch of defenders and spartans that nobody is going to pay retail for. by packing them in pairs, it lets them sell 2 in one shot, yamato makes more money and it also cuts down cost of shipping for us guys in the US. i mean, the spartan is probably my least favorite but if yamato or whoever starts putting out destroids, i know i'm going to buy them all, as well as most everyone here....we all got a little completist bug in us.

You also have to remember this stuff is not for export to the United States, nor was it intended to. Only in the Asian markets. I dont see why they would just do it for the shipping sake. The plausible idea is what you said, not to over saturate of least popular items.

$50 for a destroid?  what scale?  I might buy it if it was 1/48, nice poseability, great detail, and some diecast.

Why do people always want to go back to die cast? Paint chipping and reduced poseability due to floppy or overly weighted parts is not my idea of a good toy. I'm so glad the 1/48 valks have no die cast. They are so much better for it.

Edited by Air Elijah

That's a cool Idea but it would never happen. If it did, I see it in maybe a 1/100 scale. I'm with Ignacio, I think a single destroid would be around the price of 80 bucks like the Queadluun-Rau. Especially, in 1/60 scale.

Though, I'm dying to get my hands on a fully articulated Spartan, I love that mech.

$50 for a destroid?  what scale?  I might buy it if it was 1/48, nice poseability, great detail, and some diecast.

Why do people always want to go back to die cast? Paint chipping and reduced poseability due to floppy or overly weighted parts is not my idea of a good toy. I'm so glad the 1/48 valks have no die cast. They are so much better for it.

it makes people feel better cuz its metal. ;)

these are the most poseable destroids ive seen and already im happy with em. :)

if yamato makes anything like this, i'll be all over them. :D

it makes people feel better cuz its metal. ;)

these are the most poseable destroids ive seen and already im happy with em. :)

if yamato makes anything like this, i'll be all over them. :D

post-4-1100141282.jpg

Where in the hell... what in the hell... where was this from? Who made these? :blink:

Edited by Godzilla

looks like they're resin kits made by some garage company...i'm only guessing because of the 1/72 scale thing it says on one of the display cards...it would be nice to have something like that tho

yep. some of those are pictures that either noel or someone else took at the wonderfestival. theyre 1/72 resin kits. damn nice imo. :)

I'm hopeful that Yamato will maintain a trickle of Macross stuff even as they branch into other anime (like the motorcyle from Megazone 23).

Nah, as long as they give me a Garland, I say SCREW the Destroids :lol:

*Ducks thrown chair*

:unsure:

FINALLY ...someone is making some sense around HERE!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

hey,mechamac..................i'm with u 2000%%% :D

HALLELULLLAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where in the hell... what in the hell... where was this from? Who made these? :blink:

If you spent some time in the model kit forum you would have known about these months ago :p

These are made by a Japanese resin kit maker named Patemori-Soba. They have been cranking out 1/72 destroids for the last couple wonderfests. And they will likely continue as long as there is demand.

Maybe it all rests on how well Qrau sells? Once they finish releasing the purple (not the blue max one which looks purple, I mean the female purple ones) and maybe green ones, they might think nobody cares for the other mecha and only focus on the VF?

Has it been confirmed that Yamato will release a purple variant?

I think he means to reinforce the parts that are the most vulnerable. I'm not a big fan of diecast either, but the idea of using diecast on landing gears and T-bars on the 1/48 was excellent. They are the most vulnerable parts of the toy, and we would easily be hearing complaints about it if they were made in the standard ABS plastic.

Some diecast would have been welcome on the backpack hinge, as Yamato left the weakest part of the toy... weak. <_<

Hell yeah Destroids (1/60 please) would r0x0r! I think having them in pairs would work good... that way the unpopular one could get bundled with a popular one. "Army builder" packs of 4-like Destroids (with stickers/paint jobs) distinguishing leader from troops, etc would be cool, too.

I would loads of 2 pack of 1/60 scale Destroids in the 7200 yen range if they were well articulated. I would rather have plastic than die cast for paint chipping concerns.

I know that the subject of this thread is totally wishful thinking/fanaticism, but people would honestly be concerned about diecast paint chipping... On a DESTROID? LOLOL.

:lol::lol::lol:

yeah, I would be worried about paint chipping.

it's not a REAL destroid you know, it's a freaking toy, and I like my toys to look nice, that means no freaking paint chips.

I say use die cast where needed, and leave the rest of it plastic, easier to pose, no paint chipping problems, less wear and tear on the materials.

and, I would love to see some destroids in 1/60 scale.

I think he means to reinforce the parts that are the most vulnerable. I'm not a big fan of diecast either, but the idea of using diecast on landing gears and T-bars on the 1/48 was excellent. They are the most vulnerable parts of the toy, and we would easily be hearing complaints about it if they were made in the standard ABS plastic.

Reinforcement with metal might be a good idea but that does not necessarily mean die-cast.

As you say, things like landing gear are a good application. But is there any question that the use there will continue? I don't think so.

The reality is, and I'm not specifically referring to Eternal_D here, that people have a tendency to invoke the word die-cast as if its some alchemist's secret for toy gold. I've often heard people lamenting the loss of extensive die-cast content in toys for parts like the Yamato 1/60's legs.

As the 1/48 shows, ABS is a much superior solution in terms of aesthetics, functionality and longevity. I haven't had any problems with my ABS toys. The only thing I've broken on a Yamato toy was a shoulder slider on the first YF-22 and that was not made from ABS.

So, basically, I'm just against the use of die-cast for major moldings.

Reinforcement with metal might be a good idea but that does not necessarily mean die-cast.

As you say, things like landing gear are a good application. But is there any question that the use there will continue? I don't think so.

The reality is, and I'm not specifically referring to Eternal_D here, that people have a tendency to invoke the word die-cast as if its some alchemist's secret for toy gold. I've often heard people lamenting the loss of extensive die-cast content in toys for parts like the Yamato 1/60's legs.

As the 1/48 shows, ABS is a much superior solution in terms of aesthetics, functionality and longevity. I haven't had any problems with my ABS toys. The only thing I've broken on a Yamato toy was a shoulder slider on the first YF-22 and that was not made from ABS.

So, basically, I'm just against the use of die-cast for major moldings.

Like those fully heavy Lionbot figures? I hear ya mate. Diecast looks horrible when you damage the toy. I agree with you, if the WHOLE thing was made out of die cast, that would be wrong for a number of reasons.

I agree here.

Although I don't own many toys, my yamato yf21fp thighs have massive paint chips now. Also when I tried to pose it in gerwalk and I left it alone, the thing fell down off the desk and crashed to the floor cracking the head laser. I bet if the thing had weighed less like the 1/72 vf11b, it would have suffered less shock and still be ok. Too much excess weight is scary.

well as far as cost, i don't think they'd be that expensive.

1, because 3 of the 4 destroids have the same exact legs, so that takes the cost factor down a notch.

2, in 1/60 scale, they'd be relatively small. in most cases, small = less money

3, its not that difficult(from what i understand) to make a non-transforming toy....look at all the ones out there. unlike the 1/48, these don't require a team of rocket scientists to get them produced, just some skilled sculpters

diecast....i like diecast but been disliking it less and less since paint chips do suck. even if you barely play with a diecast toy, somehow it always manages to find a way to chip. look at the yf-19, how many people got chips on the small tailfins on the legs? probably all of us. it should only be diecast if it needs to be(super fragile parts) and the rest in ABS.

one would think that having re-occuring parts would mean cheaper price for consumers... but I direct your attention to the VF-1 toys... other than the head and the paint job, they are identical, and yet they are not cheap, even the 1/60 line is not cheap.

I think it is wishfull thinking to expect yamato will release destroids at a low price point, they will probably be less expensive than the 1/60 valks, but I doubt they would offer a two for the price of one special.

I don't need diecast, just a sturdy, well-balanced, reasonably poseable toy. Yamato should license those resin kits' design and (hopefully) scale them up to 1/60.

Although 3 of the 4 destroids have fundamentally the same leg design, there are differences in detail. I'm not sure, but the differences may be limited to the small "bumps" just below the hips (ammo clips?); if so, it would be easy to handle with modular construction. That would cut down on design/manufacturing cost, and even though consumers might not perceive a savings, the increased profit margin would be an incentive for Yamato to take on the project.

I am so with Haterist on this! Instead of asking Yamato, setup a poll here and lets get the Captain to make this for us!

I'm down for my 1/48 Destroid Squads now! All 6 regiments of them! :D

BTW: Amortizing the cost of the destroid from a manufucturer does save a LOT of money but when they hike up the SRP, well, thats where most of your savings goes down the toilet.

at this point of the macross drought, i would even consider buying super-poseable destroids. :D

come on "inset any company making macross toys" we're dying over here! :(:lol:

Super Posable? Hell NO! :blink: I've had enough of them.

I would consider buying from the cap too if he made some. Even two of each and I'll hire someone to paint them. I'm soooo sick of SPs now.

I woudlnt mind SP Destroids, but I would also want Yammie hardcore detailed ones too....1/100 would be nice to go along with my Koenig, which I am still waiting for ferverently (it has to come out someday :rolleyes: ) 1/60 would be nice too to go along with teh supposed 1/60 Monster, but 1/48 Destroids would be amazing. Man, if they had like fully detailed opening hatches and stuff, and were totally posable, and had like no deicast, they would rock!

How about a destroid and a battle pod to go with it? Need some enemy mech of course bot will be to scale with one another.

ooooooo, thats actually a really good idea. B))

if they packaged 1 destroid with 1 type of regult(i think theres 4 different ones?), that would surely be guarantee sales. i know most of us have a love for the battle pods, probably more so than the destroids. and i know everyone would want to collect all of them...nobodys gonna buy one variant and be happy with it. this would get all 4 destroids sold as well as 4 regults.

so 3 of the 4 destroids have the same legs, 4 regults all have the same body and legs, only need to make molds for the variants which should be fairly small, packaged in pairs, 1 destroid and 1 regult, yamato can't lose, they'd be making money hand over fist IMHO.