Whats worth getting?

rewooh

Is MPC worth the price plus the fastpacks?

Is bandai ever gonna continue to the Milla and Max super upgrades?

yamato looks great but i don't like that its not perfect transformation...

1: Opinions vary

2: Probably not

3: Opinions vary

Edit: welcome to MW by the way

You'll notice that most here do not like anything that Toynami/Harmony Gold release

Edited by Nightbat®

- depends what you are doing with it. (Yamato: great for display, Bandai: great but stubby and sturdy to play, Toynami MPC: i dunno, i guess it's fairly the same as the Bandai with a lot of extras)

- dunno

- the 1/48 is. only thing is that the intake covers need to be removed or applied depending transformation mode. the 1/60 isn't a perfect transformaton, but it is well worth the money IMHO for displaying and more accurate and detailed than the good ol' Bandai 1/55.

1. Absolutely not.

2. Probably not.

3. Ever seen the official actual line-art/drawings for how the VF-1 transforms? The legs detach, then reattach. Actually, removing the legs is accurate to the anime, etc. Non-removable is simply how many people prefer it, regardless of the fact that it's not how the "real" VF-1 transforms. :)

1. Absolutely not.

2. Probably not.

3. Ever seen the official actual line-art/drawings for how the VF-1 transforms? The legs detach, then reattach. Actually, removing the legs is accurate to the anime, etc. Non-removable is simply how many people prefer it, regardless of the fact that it's not how the "real" VF-1 transforms. :)

I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure the pilot doesn't set the legs on a table while his jet folds up, then reattach them later.

(and yes, I realize this only applies to the 1/60s)

1. Not $80 though. If you can get them cheep($50 or less) then with the fastpacks yes. Mainly for display though.

2. Not going to happen.

3. Yes, even though on the 1/60 scale it not perfect transformation it is still very poseable. It can be used for display or to play with. If you have the funds try the 1/48 scale with fastpacks.

I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure the pilot doesn't set the legs on a table while his jet folds up, then reattach them later.

(and yes, I realize this only applies to the 1/60s)

But if you have four hands you could theoretically achieve an animation-accurate transformation with the 1/60...well, closer than anything else.

oh so i was mistaken.

i thought all yamatos had to take the legs off to transform it. that was really unnatravtive for me. but for the 1/48 scale, you don't?

so thers no hope in the bandai milla and max upgrades. that sucks.

Are the yamato's good for play? i mean, from what i heard...mpc are made of plastic that feels like they're gonna break while bandai's are a bit better. what yamatos made of?

i kno they look really good tho. :)

----

holy crap. i just looked at ebay for some 1.48's and they're pretty damn pricy. geeeesh.

Edited by rewooh

Are the yamato's good for play? i mean, from what i heard...mpc are made of plastic that feels like they're gonna break while bandai's are a bit better. what yamatos made of?

the 1/60 has quite a bit of die cast on it, while the 1/48 has very little, but the 1/48 is more stable by far, and handles quite well. realize, of course, that this isn't a kids toy, and if you mistreat it, it will break, where the bandais can take all kinds of abuse.

the 1/60 has quite a bit of die cast on it, while the 1/48 has very little, but the 1/48 is more stable by far, and handles quite well. realize, of course, that this isn't a kids toy, and if you mistreat it, it will break, where the bandais can take all kinds of abuse.

can you imagine how much the 1/48s would weigh with the FastPacks if they had more diecast... :o

Actually, ever seen the line art for the transformation? The legs are never seperate from the body of the Valkyrie. A hydraulic system similar to a swing bar swings the leg into place, where it attaches to the nosecone. Then the swing bar disconnects from the legs then folds back up and out of the way.

So no Vakyrie toy is really anime accurate as far as that goes. I'd argue that the toys that keep the legs attached through the transformation are 'more accurate' simply because the legs in the line art are always connected at any point in the transformation.

1) I don't usually like answering questions about worth as it is too subjective. All I will say for the MPC as with any product is read as many reviews as possible, try to see and/or handle one in person, take some time to look around for the best price and then make up your own mind.

2) I doubt that Bandai will release 1/55 Max and Millia Super upgrades. That is not something that either Bandai or Takatoku ever previously released and Bandai are not noted for their originality when it comes to Macross. There is a slim chance Bandai may continue with the 1/55 reissues next year for the 20th anniversary of DYRL and reissue the Strike Valkyrie, Super Ostrich and Elintseeker, but I wouldn't count on it.

3) As others have noted, the Yamato 1/48 offers perfect transformation, whereas the 1/60 does not. However, both the 1/48 and 1/60 have more detail and feature more articulation than the Bandai 1/55. The Yamatos should be considered as 'Adult Collectibles' and are not suitable for children, whereas the tougher Bandai 1/55s are more toy-like and are suitable for children.

Graham

Go for the Yamato. The MPC is crap, the other people are right it's innaccurate, shoddy, a horrible design and not very posable. I've handled one myself...the miscreant looks loose and mangled even in fighter mode.

Edited by kensei

Go for the Yamato. The MPC is crap, the other people are right it's innaccurate, shoddy, a horrible design and not very posable. I've handled one myself...the miscreant looks loose and mangled even in fighter mode.

I like my MPC's,,,yes, i like the yamato's 1/48 better, but i see it this way.

I showed my finacee (hehe) both the Bandai and the MPC's, SHE likes the MPC's way better, she herself said it looks nicer and closer to the anime (non bias'd opinion) Some people are going to hang me for this, but she thought she liked it better than the 1/48 UNTILL i showed her the detail and extras of the design and function (exspecially of the legs). So her favorite is the 1/48, second is the MPC, and third she liked the bandai, but liked it for the indestructableness (my new word) I wouldnt pay more than $50 for the MPC's and $70 for all the armors shipped, so cost wise the MPC's arnt too bad, I think they pose fairly well, exspecially in gerwalk mode and so do most people with a non biased opinion.

MY 10 cents

1-MPc's. DONT get these at full price. I scored 2 for 100

$. Not too shabby. Over time the(YES I PLAY WITH EVERYTHING I HAVE AND INTEND TO PLAY THE HELL OUT OF 1/48 SINCE ITS THE BEST AESTHETIC LOOKING VALK TOY MADE SINCE I GOT JETFIRE BACK IN 80S LOL) wrists get real LIMP. ginrai at masterforce said they were limp right when he first examined it. Hands work good, not as loose as gundam HG kits. thank god. Missles look good with red tips. To me they do. Again do not get these at full retail price. gerwalk mode is good. BEst version seems to be max type since it hjas the improved no flopppable thigh joints. Rick MPC has floppy thighs in some cases. Can hold pose but is considerably looser then BEn MPC. which i of much better quality., Stickers suck like yaamto's. Uneless taa anda anaszi can hook us up. Fighter mode ugly from behind. Magnets do some work to hold everything up but is a far form perfec locking mechanism. The original method planned by toynami was to use plastic locking tabs which is what they SHOULD HAVE DONE. With enough play the rick MPC gets looser than BEN MPC. again due to weak thigh ratchets. One mirya MPC was rported to be missing the thigh magnets on backplate. Fun to play with. Not as fragile as many peolpe my thing. could use BETTER locking mechanisms. The magnet thing is like a joke. WOuld have been btter had itbeen supplemented by a locking tab. Wings can not spread out as far as bandai but with shaving of internal stucture can be made to. Landing geear in nose would be better had it not been angled forward in locked position. landing gear is nice. paint job was good until i foudn out almost all colors are painted over and the whole thing is almsot completely molded in WHITE!! even the FEET ARE WHITE PLASTIC NOT MOLDED GRAY !!

2-Bandai won't make fast packs for max n miriya. What you should do is get a bandai anyways. This whole retron thing is going on now with bandais stuff. Peolpe are all ove the chogokin stuff. I intend to be with more money later on this sem. Bandai is MUCH MUCH better in terms of overall quality over toynami. rathcets so strong you dont NEED MAGNETS!! Heavy enough to kill someone by dropping it and durbale enough to stand on its own after killing that person, this thing is one of the most duirbale and IS the msot durable valkyrie out there. stands the test of time and by the time your kids get old, your grandkids could still play with it. Despite numerous technological advances the designer at takatoku who designed this is a great genius who dedserves a lot of credit in omacross toy design. this after all started it all. and hell kawamori's fav toy before WAS the takatoku VF-1J. piece of history. every macross fan HAS to at least have one. did i mention bandai's high quality?they even printed out the pilot NAMES!

they rule omg.

3-1/48....still don't have one but if you got the money get it. Looks wonderful. RTransformation looks awesome and better than my 1/60 which i later didnt like as much. cant comment on a lot sinc ei dont have it but from grahams videos everything LOCKS in palce and clicks LOUDLY. somethhing the MPC sdoesnt do at all., get at least ONE. for this year this is the holy grail of macross.

in conclusion. If you want an MPC. get a GOOD quality one., With rick it depends.....its tather random and it wa the first relrease so of course bugs had to be ironed out in the next volume. Nice looking toy.

get MPcs ONYL on discount.

and igf you want valk heaven but are on a budget...go to bbts and score a CF VF1A bandai for 45$

not only is it in a kick ass unique color scheme...its cheap too

and the quality...oh so good

freaking scrumptious if ya ask me

also the hikaru 1A is also awesome.

nothing beats ultraviolet white smacking you in da face after your finger gets poped by the spring loaded landing gear and the bullet form the gunpod damages you retina.

bandai rules

1) Not a MSRP but if u can find a deal I don't these are as bad in person as they're made out on here (though I still don't have any ;) )

2) Not likely

3) The 1/48 DOES require at least 2 parts to be added/removed in Battroid transformations (to and from) and thats the intake covers, though I don't think it looks bad when I don't bring em along. My low-viz only rarely mounts the UMM-7 pods where they covers reside. ;) And it's transformation mode is NOT anime accurate but it's definately an awesome piece. Too expensive to have in quantity unless you have more money than you know what to do with IMO.

1/60 are quite posable, smaller, less expensive, and (currently) still have a good majority of different models to choose from over 1/48. I definately recommend the various FAST-pack equipped Valkyries and some of the older ones if you can get a good deal on 'em.

the 1/60's are my favorite. they're affordable and have great detailing. yes the detachable leg thing isn't the best and i too hated it when i got my first 1/60 but it'll grow on you. the weight of it alone makes the toy feel like its worth the price you paid.

but whatever you do.....

DON'T BUY AND MPC! YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!

Hell yeah!

You can actually HURT someone if you use a 1/60 leg as a weapon! Heck, you can stab someone with the fricken nosecone!!! :D:D:D

I love the 1/48 Yamato VF-1. It rocks.

The only thing I'm disappointed with, and I have to grudgingly admit, is that Toynami did a slightly better job with their super armor. The Yamato super armor is very nice however, and it does allow you to make a strike Valkyrie... the only problem I have with it is that it causes "floppy backpack syndrome" when the 1/48 is in battroid.

Bandai - With all the Macross reissues they're releasing you'd be hard pressed to find ones that aren't too expensive. Although, you're getting the same old tried and true VF-1 design that Bandai has used for the last 20 years, it's the kind of toy that you'd let your eight year old nephew play with (and not be too worried about it getting broken). From what it's worth they're well worth the price, personally I think they tend to be loved by the older crowd (sorry to step on some toes here).I guess you can say they had the monopoly on Macross toys covered (about a decade ago).

Toynami - I don't have one and after getting my 1/48 Fast Packs I don't think I'd EVER buy one. But if Yamato was never around I'd probably have a few of those MPC's in my room. I gotta give em credit though.......for all it's worth they're sure making Robotech (and some Macross) fans happy.

Yamato - They're the present (and possibly the future) of Macross toys. A wide variety of scales from three different series' in the Macross universe. Excellent sculpts that much closer to the lineart (and the Hory Froating Head's mindset) than Bandai and Toynami's. Although, these are very playable they're more for display purposes. Don't go looking for the durability of a Bandai valkyrie. With the release of the 1/48 Fast Packs there isn't a better time to be a Macross collector. The future is also looking great for future Macross toys under the Yamato license. As Captain Picard once said...........ah...........just read the last part of my signature.

I love the 1/48 Yamato VF-1. It rocks.

The only thing I'm disappointed with, and I have to grudgingly admit, is that Toynami did a slightly better job with their super armor. The Yamato super armor is very nice however, and it does allow you to make a strike Valkyrie... the only problem I have with it is that it causes "floppy backpack syndrome" when the 1/48 is in battroid.

if only people would read the instructions or check the boards before making such statements. How many times has this been covered? Or rather how many more times will people keep saying this?

paint job was good until i foudn out almost all colors are painted over and the whole thing is almsot completely molded in WHITE!! even the FEET ARE WHITE PLASTIC NOT MOLDED GRAY !!

Heh. Didn't know this. Probably they wanted to save money. After all, they got a deal on some cheap white plastic. Painting it was a cheaper alternative then to used colored plastic that was higher grade than what they were using.

vinnie