Yamato 1/60 Regult w/ pilot

EXO

Holy crap!!!!

Ok if this thing is really hitting the streets (per se), this will probably cost big green.

Its gonna have to wait but its on the radar something fierce.

Holy crap!!!!

Ok if this thing is really hitting the streets (per se), this will probably cost big green.

Its gonna have to wait but its on the radar something fierce.

To quote CF18 in the SDF thread where this first broke:

Well' date=' from the source of the SDF1 image:

http://genteiichiba....s/51078303.html

なお撮影禁止でしたが、やまとWEB限定で「1/60 ゼントラーディ軍服SET(予価8295円)」、「リガードH.D.Pキット(予価39900円)」が展示されていました。

Photo not allowed, Yamato web limited "1/60 Zentradi uniform set 8295 yen", "Regult H.D.P Kit 39900 yen".[/quote']

Photos of this Regult was supposedly forbbiden by Yamato at Shizuoka.

Btw, this is a resin kit. The same "HDP" stuff they used in the 1/2000 SDF-1 prototype kit.

Price is approximately US$400... yikes

Edited by Vifam7

Next to the SDF there's also something in conspicuous Zentradi clothing, but the fists peeking out of the sleeves look very much like a Valkyrie...

I think it's more likely to be the Sofubi Britai that was announced a long while back. It's too tall to be a 1/60 and I doubt that Yamato would be making accessories for 1/48's at this juncture...

EDIT: Although if I took the time to actually read the stuff that people have been posting, I'd see that a clothing set was already mentioned/confirmed ... d'oh!

Photos of this Regult was supposedly forbbiden by Yamato at Shizuoka.

Er... whoops!

Edited by QuinJester

Man I hope they get this out in the normal plastic materials soon.

I've never really been a big fan of the resin scene, (horrible flashbacks to SHE kits and the like).

Good kits, just not my cup of tea.

I guess I just don't have the time like I used to for assembly.

lame lame lame!!!

The regult can not be a web exclusive damnit!! All this overpriced exclusive crap is annoying. Stratification of class and all that conspiracy. whatever.

Graham? Can you shed some light on this?

What's up with all these web exclusives? Does Yamato think they're the evil empire (aka Bandai)?

It is lame. I liked Yamati when they made Over Priced Collector Friendly Toys and not Really Over Price Deluxe Model Kits. A Regultl toy gotta be the easist thing to make. No transforming parts to worry about in the design. Just scale up the Revoltech Regult and add enough weight to the feet to keep it from falling over. The end.

The pod looks 1/60, but that figure below it, is that supposed to be the pilot? He looks really small. If he is indeed 1/60 as well, then the Zentran that Max got his uniform from must have been a basketball player or something ^_^

oh...and exclusives suck :angry: Thank you.

So this is a $400 do it yourself model kit instead of a $150 painted Toy with Pilot and interchangeable missile carrier options?

I know how you feel, they just keep missing the mark.

If only they just put it out as a normal release toy I.E. like the other 1/60's it would become an overnight cashcow!!!

Just think how many would be sold here on MW alone, how many of us here would buy at least 2-3???? :D

Look at the sales of the Toynami 1/100's.

Now I'm no "comic book guy" type of collector but this plan of theirs is kinda lame.

Sure I'm glad they took the time to tool, mold and show it but what's the big deal on just making it for your average joes out here.

Ya know us "more than casual" (but not quite 'obsessed') hobbist out here all over the globe. :lol:

lol you guys still don't get it

they made the q-rau for as cheap as they could make it and nobody bought them

they made the destroids for as cheap as they could make them and nobody bought them

even the revoltech regult was a crappy seller

nobody buys the secondary mecha unless it's gundam

so now they're going with a sure-fire profit

Maybe the reason it is so expensive is that it might have a cockpit for the figure to go into?............ Maybe if they get enough interest in the resin kit they will break down and make a toy in the sub $150 range. Ah the speculation..........Still it's exciting.

Edited by logos

It is lame. I liked Yamati when they made Over Priced Collector Friendly Toys and not Really Over Price Deluxe Model Kits. A Regultl toy gotta be the easist thing to make. No transforming parts to worry about in the design. Just scale up the Revoltech Regult and add enough weight to the feet to keep it from falling over. The end.

Amen!!!!

Hell, they did a bang-up job with the Destroids and they sold like hotcakes!!!

And ya know I'd be happy to buy the soldier seperately if need be just make it poseable enough to fit inside the pod. (Can't stress that enough don't skimp on the articulation!)

Just that alone is good enough for me to buy 2!!!

I'd bite the bullet and tell the wife I'll be on the road for a month or 2 even. :p

Its just hard for me to believe that none of these guys see the time is ripe for real enemy mecha.

Especially in a scale that they have (just about, IMO) made the new Mac toy collecting standard.

Edited by DARKWIND

It's exciting to see Yamato doing new things. I'm disappointed that it's a web exclusive and a kit but just seeing them test the waters is really encouraging.

I'd love to see close up pics of that thing, I bet fully finished it looks amazing.

And here I posted that I would buy a couple of those Regults. I'll be buying zero now. Web exclusives suck, and while it still looks very nice, for that price, I have no problem declining that purchase. Now, the soldier maybe different. Perhaps I'll get one.

I'm glad that Regult is a kit and not a toy... I would have purchased a toy but I don't mind saving some money. If they ever do make a toy I'm sure to own one. Shouldn't this thread be moved to the models section?

Actually, I kind of don't blame them doing it this way, even if it does suck for us.

Financially speaking, those kits might be more profitable in several ways than a full fledged toy. After the Q-Rau didn't sell very well, I don't blame them at all for wanting to test the waters.

What's interesting about this is it sounds like they're pulling their SDF-1 kit shenanigans again, but now we know how that story is ending (or, at least we know the $2000 model wasn't the end of it).

Let's say they do release it as a $400 kit, and the Japanese collectors eat them up. Would it be too farfetched to say the kit is designed to cover the production costs of a toy version? If it sells well, they know the interest is there, and could go ahead with the toy. If not, they still filled a niche for collectors, and made a decent profit from the kit.

For Yamato, it's all about what's profitable. And to be honest, I'm all for them making a profit, since it increases chances that they will keep making the more obscure Macross vehicles. ^_^

I do think this websclusive crap needs to disappear forever, though.

Honestly though.. I probably wouldn't buy a Regult myself, so I'm not too worried about this. I'm more of an aircraft fan, and while they're good for dioramas/battle scenes, I keep my valks mostly displayed in flight anyway.

so these are two products? one, 8295Yen, for just the Zentradi Uniform? it could be 1/60 coz the arm looks short and it looks like it's on an acrylic riser.

...then another overpriced HDP exclusive offering (Regult w/ mini pilot)??? time for those rich dudes who got the 1/2000 SDF-1 to preoder this and fund a mass production one :p:D.

I see your point Chronocidal.

I do have much love for the VF's fighter modes. :D

But I feel (in my opinion) that the only reason the Q-rau's didn't sell well was the fact that they were main character mech releases.

(Also I think there are more fans of the TV show types than DYRL, again I think. Me, I love them both. :D )

You only need one each of that type for your collection anyway, one red & one blue.

But, if they had tried to sell cannon fodders/troopbuilders it may have been a different story.

IMHO, in the case of the Destroids, Yamato went to the well once too often (olive drab, weathered, olive-weathered).

We didn't need so many variants at one time.

Sure, make the main character types but in a set number, then bring on the CF's in a smaller run.

Use that to gauge the second run.

But when it comes to the Zent mechs they are loved too, and if they give it a shot there's a good chance of success.

Then go for the off the wall types in another set number run.

I find it highly unlikely Yamato would make a kit and then produce a toy version even if the kit sold like gang-busters (and at $400 it'll probably be very limited and there won't be much to gain from how quickly it sells out). Yamato would have to wait years before they could make a toy version as to not burn all the kit buyers.

So, I guess my Matchbox Battlepod will still hold that spot. Also, Toynami's vinyl pods are quite nice. I have no problems holding out till a 1/60 toy comes. And, if it doesn't, Yamato's loss, as this seems to be the one thing that many would buy.

I'd like to think Yamato's printing money with all the VF-1's they've been pumping out.

But whatever happened to their GN-U and VFC lineups? Bad sales?