Macross Death themed food in Akihabara

Save

Is it really a good idea? Weren't Japanese very superstitious? :blink:

FV

I sure wouldn't eat any of those! It would be just my luck to actually meet my maker after eating any of those!

EASY SOLUTION: Listen to Fire Bomber while eating the pineapple cake. You'll be fine, and all your friends will stand around marveling at how emotional it would've been if you'd died.

EASY SOLUTION: Listen to Fire Bomber while eating the pineapple cake. You'll be fine, and all your friends will stand around marveling at how emotional it would've been if you'd died.

They better be blasting Fire Bomber cuz that's quite a menu....

What're the names of the other items?

I think I recognize the nyan nyan tuna buns.

What's the dessert with the VF-25 on it?

It's actually named the familiar "My Boyfriend Is a Pilot."

Can't get either link to work. Any chance of someone saving & re-uploading the images for all to see?

The site seems to be working globally again, since Save did include pictures of the items he listed (directly from the website) in his post, and I can see them now as well as the full website.

That food is all wrong. Japanese nearly always funk up Western food. They make things for Japanese sense of taste. This results in them having some pretty funky menu changes to the classics. Go look at famous fast food joint Japanese pages. Hot dogs topped with corn, mayo and lettuce. That sorta of crazy crap. They're just as bad as we are when we pour ketchup over anything different. So at this cafe the waitress all dress in made uniforms? What is wrong with the Hooter's gimmick?

This is how the salad is suppose to look like.

pinesalad.bmp

Here's the full menu translation:

Drinks - 400 yen (subject to change)

Saotome Alto - Blue Hawaii x Ginger ale with cherry (on top)

Ranka Lee - Carrot Juice x Orange Juice

Sheryl Nome - Cranberry Soda x blueberry crash jelly

Linn Minmei - Blueberry Ice Cafe (coffee?) x Calpis

Roy Focker - Lemon Squash (don't worry, it's lemonade) x Honey crash jelly

Sharon Apple - Diced/cubed apples w/ Sparkling tea

Sara Nome - Orange Juice x Lemon Squash/Lemonade x Tropical Fruit

Nekki Basara - Grenedine syrup x Strawberry ice cafe x Tabasco

Deserts

Totsugeki Love Heart - Parfait with a bean-filled, heart-shaped wafer, 600 yen

My Boyfriend's a pilot - They drew a heart and a piece of Souffle cake is going through the heart. 600 yen

Interstellar Flight - Twinkle star-shaped pancakes with maple. 600 yen

Pineapple Cake - 500 yen/slice (Seriously, this is Pinapple Upside-down cake)

Food

Zentra-don/bowl - Cooked tuna with spring onions and ginger, 1,500 yen

Nyan Nyan set - oolong tea with (not sure, it's the pic with the buns). Ask at the register if you want designs with Alto, Ranka x Sheryl beach, Klan Klang, or Ranka & Sheryl. 1,500 yen

Pineapple salad - Green salad tossed with bright fruit. 700 yen

Kakizaki Steak - Steak with your choice of bread or rice. Limited quantities. 1,500 yen

Fine print:

-Limited one coaster per person. Designs cannot be chosen.

-In case of a sellout, supplies will be limited.

-Details are subject to change. Please see store for details.

-You may have to wait. You may not be able to get into the store.

-Images are samples. Actual product may vary.

Nyan Nyan set - oolong tea with (not sure, it's the pic with the buns). Ask at the register if you want designs with Alto, Ranka x Sheryl beach, Klan Klang, or Ranka & Sheryl), 1,500 yen

Those would be "Xiaolongbao." It's actually written using Chinese, as described in the Wikipedia link ("Traditional Chinese"): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiaolongbao

Edited by veffidas

I realize they're trying to simulate the characters' various ahir colors (except for the Nekki Basara, which sounds disgusting but oddly appropriate), but shouldn't the Lynn Minmay just be Irish Coffee?

Didn't she sing about Turkish coffee?

Pete

She SINGS about Turkish coffee, but she DRINKS Irish. ^_^

And according to "Miss DJ," the ultimate Minmay menu would be Irish coffee, carrot cake, and pig's feet. Yummy, huh?

Before you guys get bent out of shape about which coffee Minmay drinks, "ice cafe" is actually pretty much just milk and flavored chunks of ice (which is actually what the drink looks like): http://www.chu-rei.co.jp/icecafe.html. Search for "氷カフェ" in Google and you'll get a bunch of the same.

Kakizaki Steak: Can only be ordered 5 minutes before closing.

Seriously, Kakizaki never got to EAT his steak. That's the greatest tragedy. As I recall, he was about to take his first bite when the alarm sounded.

Yes he did. He got ONE bite in. I just rewatched the series last weekend. ;)

She SINGS about Turkish coffee, but she DRINKS Irish. happy.gif

Typical celebrity hypocrite!

But seriously - Turkish coffee is SO MUCH BETTER than Irish coffee. In fact, I haven't the faintest clue what Irish coffee is supposed to entail really. Turkish coffee, on the other hand, is the best. Second best is Greek.

What does Irish consist of? Cream? Mints?

Pete

But seriously - Turkish coffee is SO MUCH BETTER than Irish coffee. In fact, I haven't the faintest clue what Irish coffee is supposed to entail really. Turkish coffee, on the other hand, is the best. Second best is Greek.

Pete

It's Irish, right? It's made of Irish Cream! :lol:

EDIT: Wrong emoticon... Had to change it.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Pete

I think Irish coffee is any kind of coffee with liquor in it.

I want the coasters that they talk about in the fine print.

I think that might be how Save found out about this, since I noticed a few of them on auction at Yahoo! Japan and inquired him for more info. I ended up doing some hunting on my own and there seem to be nine coasters in total, three from three different stores. You can probably contact Save about acquiring them, but it'd seem difficult and expensive to get them all.

I think Irish coffee is any kind of coffee with liquor in it.

Irish coffee is coffee with Irish whiskey specifically, and a thick layer of cream floated on the top rather than mixed in. You can also just add Irish cream to coffee, which isn't exactly the same since it mixes things differently, but it's easier to make. As for comparisons with Turkish coffee, which is better depends partly on how many you've had. :p