Tenjin Hidetaka Art Work Valkyries book

Graham

(Cross Posted in the Models Section)

MWer Major Tom brought this to my attention. As he hasn't posted the news in the forums, I thought I would post it.

There is going to be a Tenjin Hidetaka Art Work Valkyries book released this month.

For those who don't know, Tenjin is the talented artist who does the Macross box art for the Hasegawa Macross model kits. He has also done many other Macross illustrations, such as the Japanese R2 Macross Plus 2 box DVD set and some of the illustrations on the Macross 2000 calendar.

You can preorder it here: -

http://www.hlj.com/product/KOB90124

Graham

Wow, that looks cool.

Who's a bootlegger?

There is a guy he copied his designs from. I cant remember the name but he's "oldschool" as per Major Tom's words.

You meant to say Yoshiyuki Takani?

Well, to be fair, the VF-1 fighter looks great from this Takani box art

Must pick this up, I hope it has his recent work on the boxart for the VF-0s.

Yep, it looks like some of the Macross Zero art work will be included as well :)

http://www.studio-tenjin.com/VALKYRIES/

Amazon JP ISBN: 4334901247

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4...6807464-0304252

I smell wallpaper scans!

wallpaper scans? forget that, poster scans!!! you know you wanna do this Nick!!! ;):p:D:lol: I am so buying this book!

Guest Bromgrev
I believe Mr Tenjin was just paying a tribute to Takani ( the grandmaster )

after all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

Jeez, I wish I could imitate like that ... :rolleyes:

Looks like it cmes with a DVD as well.

Graham

hmmm...I think it only says "Tenjin's artworks were used as model kit box art and DVD package" or so, no DVD comes with this book AFAIK :unsure:

just out of curiosity how come we have a thread for this in the model kit section as well? maybe someone can tell me on this thread instead of the other one, does anyone know how many pages this will have? also is there a list yet as to what series we will see in it? I am mainly interested in new pics from Macross Plus and some of the lesser seen Fighters from Macross II and VF-X does anyone jknow if these will be in there?

thanks for all of your help

chris

here is the other thread

Macrossworld other thread

I'm in Japan for another 5 days, hope I can find it.

Release date is scheduled for April 14th, but these things usually slip.

Graham

hey now, that's sweet!! The book gets released on my b-day!! :p:D:lol:

Oh crappy. I'll have to get my g/f to pick it up for me then....is it going to be available at any book store or only at the Otaku-type stores?

just out of curiosity how come we have a thread for this in the model kit section as well? maybe someone can tell me on this thread instead of the other one, does anyone know  how many pages this will have? also is there a list yet as to what series we will see in it? I am mainly interested in new pics from Macross Plus and some of the lesser seen Fighters from Macross II and VF-X does anyone jknow if these will be in there?

thanks for all of your help

chris

here is the other thread

Macrossworld other thread

I cross posted this in the model section as well, as Tenjin is primarily known for his Macross model art. There are some members who mainly post in the model section, so they might have missed the news if it was only posted in one forum.

Presumably the book will have all Tenjin's Hasegawa Macross box art pics, his VF-X2 game cover art, his 2000 calendar art, Macross Plus DVD cover art and some of his earlier Macross art from his old Macross website.

If you look at this link, which Major Tom provided earlier it shows both the page count and the ISBN number.

Graham

Sweet!

What's even better.... a Macross Zero CG Book seems on its way too!

Hmmm.....I hope it is on the way, but there is always a possibility that they are just pages from the Macross Zero book that was already cancelled.

Graham