Tenjin Hidetaka Art Work Valkyries book

Graham

I ordered mine from amazon.co.jp

Graham

What is that thing(a cd?) that can be purchased with the book for 7350 yen?

Sorry, I have no idea what your are talking about. When I view the amazon.co.jp page, I don't see any CD, just the book.

Graham

This CD it's an item in preorder, I wonder what it is. It can be bundled with the tenjin book.

Someone who knows japanese?

Edit: Ah its the miyatake book, it comes with a cd. nothing.

Edited by Ido

Hmmm, I wonder how I can stumble my way through the Amazon Japan website.  It's hard to follow.  Will they really accept orders in english?

Its not too bad if you dont understand Japanese. The hardest part is "finding" the item you want to buy. Once you found that the rest is pretty straightforward. The actual account and ordering bits can be displayed in english. I've ordered a few CDs and books already and had them delivered to the UK without trouble. Hope to pick up this book and a few other things as well sometime soon! :D

Cheers,

Hmmm, I wonder how I can stumble my way through the Amazon Japan website. It's hard to follow. Will they really accept orders in english?

Ya I've ordered a few things(including this book) from AmazonJp without a problem and I can't read much Japanese. Searching for items can be hard sometimes though. Click on the "display in English" button that helps a little. You can register just like you would on Amazon US or CA etc.

Hmmm, I wonder how I can stumble my way through the Amazon Japan website.  It's hard to follow.  Will they really accept orders in english?

Ya I've ordered a few things(including this book) from AmazonJp without a problem and I can't read much Japanese. Searching for items can be hard sometimes though. Click on the "display in English" button that helps a little. You can register just like you would on Amazon US or CA etc.

I'll give it a try and see if it works. Thanks for your help dejr8bud.

Just noticed something interesting last night. In the book, Tenjin has modified the pic of the Fighter mode VF-1S Strike Valk Hasegawa box art.

On the original box art, the VF had no weapons mounted on the wings. However for the full page pic shown in the book, Tenjin has added RMS-1 & UMM-7 missiles and also added some extra Valks in the background. It was a great pic originally, but looks far better now IMO.

A small thumbnail of the original unmodified pic is shown in the bokk opposite the full page modified pic.

Graham

Seeing those pics of Macross Zero, I kinda feel like Macross Zero artists were so skilled they almost matched Mr. Hidetaka ;)

J/K

FV

Err.....if you mean the Macross Zero pictures that Nanashino posted on the previous page, they are by Tenjin :lol:

Graham

Seeing those pics of Macross Zero, I kinda feel like Macross Zero artists were so skilled they almost matched Mr. Hidetaka ;)

Err.....if you mean the Macross Zero pictures that Nanashino posted on the previous page, they are by Tenjin :lol:

Yes, I know. That was the joke, since Tejin's drawings were done after Macross Zero came out, but I was pretending they were done first and then Macross Zero staff tried to match them :)

FV

So 3 days after my book arrives from amazon.co.jp, I get the shipping notice from HLJ that the second one I ordered has shipped. I'm guessing 3-4 days before it arrives, so that makes about a week's difference delivery time between amazon.co.jp and HLJ.

Graham

Book arrived today from Amazon Japan. This book is everything I was hoping it would be. Very nice layout and easy to read on a table top. Large, full page paintings and a ton of stuff I haven't seen before. This is most certainly a book for Valkyrie lovers and those who appreciate fine art.

I'd love to make some high resolution scans, but my scanner access is limited to the machines at work. If I can manage, I'll scan some pictures and post them.