Tenjin Hidetaka Art Work Valkyries book

Graham

Yeah, but if people scan the pages, what's the point of getting the book? :huh:

I'd like to see more pics myself, but by people not doing it, and just talking about it sure is pushing me to get the book myself. :p

If people have this book can't we at least get some damn photos if not more scans? C'mon, show us what this baby is made of! At 136 pages I would have thought there would be some more content here already.

Most of us know what this baby is made of. ;)

Graham already told us...

The book contains the following artwork: -

All of Tenjin's Hasegawa Macross model box art, up to and including the VF-1A/J/S fighter kit released last month.

Tenjin's art from the Japanese Macross Plus, Macross Zero & SDF-Macross DVDs.

Tenjin's box art and promotional art for the Playstation games; VF-X2 and Macross Plus Game Edition.

Tenjin's art from the Macross 2000 calendar.

Some newly created art, such as the cover art, a picture of Roy and a large folding VF-1 pic at the back of the book.

Various work that Tenjin did for the Macross Zero OVA.

One non-Macross picture, a Spitfire MK I.

Heres Tenjin's site. It shows a good amount of the Hasegawa box arts...

http://www.studio-tenjin.com/gallary/index.htm

I could take pictures but I dunno what exactly youre looking for. All I can say is that there isnt a lot of new pictures. A good majority of it is just the Hasegawa box arts... which was the main reason why I wanted this book. :)

Edited by AlphaHX

Well, the updated Strike picture would be nice to see for a start. Not all of us are familiar with all of his work. I've seen all the Hasegawa VF-1 pics and some other game and M+ stuff but a lot I've not seen. Some of the ones on the site have thumbnails but can't be viewed for some reason.

I'm just interested too in seeing how it is presented, how much text there is, how many pictures are there all up. I'm not as interested in scans as simply a review of the book showing some content.

Well, the updated Strike picture would be nice to see for a start. Not all of us are familiar with all of his work. I've seen all the Hasegawa VF-1 pics and some other game and M+ stuff but a lot I've not seen. Some of the ones on the site have thumbnails but can't be viewed for some reason.

I'm just interested too in seeing how it is presented, how much text there is, how many pictures are there all up. I'm not as interested in scans as simply a review of the book showing some content.

Its late here so I'll try to take pictures later. I do have the strike picture on my comp tho. I found it awhile back before the book was even announced.

As for how much text, how its presented, etc... someone already posted a picture of the layout on the first page.

For now, heres the strike picture... I'll try to find some time later to take pictures.

Well, I'm sold. Just ordered mine from Amazon.jp

By the way, with economy shipping (the slower of the two) to California the grand total (according to the charge that just came across on my debit card) is: $52.16

Edited by Hurin

OT but, What exactly is a 'coffee table book'?

Traditionally an art, photography or architecture pictorial book (or can be anything), usually oversized, meant to be kept on or in your coffee table for entertainment purposes for yourself or guests.

Not really meant to be taken literally as much as symbolically.

It's just a common term for an over-sized book with large pictures that is commonly placed in a living room or a sitting room to entertain guests. It's not a novel. . . it's a picture-heavy book meant to simply give you something to look at (with some light reading).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5973508433&rd=1

well at least we know the book is on ebay....i really don't understand why the price for it is so freakin' high...you could almost buy two copies from hlj for that price :blink:

well at least we know the book is on ebay....i really don't understand why the price for it is so freakin' high...you could almost buy two copies from hlj for that price :blink:

Well, at least nobody has been foolish enough to bid! :)

Well, at least nobody has been foolish enough to bid! :)

I'll say. The price is ridiculous.

If people have this book can't we at least get some damn photos if not more scans? C'mon, show us what this baby is made of! At 136 pages I would have thought there would be some more content here already.

I took pictures of the index of the book. As you can see the material included is vast and very interesting!

(sorry for the bad quality of the pic)

post-2-1115822907_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gerwalker

Last month when I was in Japan visiting my girlfriend, she laughed at me for wanting to waste 4,000 yen on an otaku book. I told her (like the wipped man that I am) that I wouldn't buy it.

This morning I received the book from her in the mail. She said she flipped through it to see what the fuss was about and coudln't figure out why I would buy it. Well, needless to say, I'm really happy with it, and in the end, I didn't spend a single yen!

I should tell her I'll be saving lots of money with this book since I won't need to buy tons of Hasegawa models just for the box art! Apparently, she had some trouble tracking it down...some places were sold out of it already.

Edited by peter

It's just a common term for an over-sized book with large pictures that is commonly placed in a living room or a sitting room to entertain guests. It's not a novel. . . it's a picture-heavy book meant to simply give you something to look at (with some light reading).

Ya mean it's not like a big book with holes in the corners so you can screw in legs and turn it into a makeshift coffee table?

Shucks I've been under that misapprehension for years! :lol:

Graham

Ya mean it's not like a big book with holes in the corners so you can screw in legs and turn it into a makeshift coffee table?

Shucks I've been under that misapprehension for years! :lol:

Graham

Well that's one of Seinfeld neighbor's idea. In many episodes of the sit com Kramer pushes his idea of making a 'coffee table book' that is actually a book about coffee tables with legs that you can be used it as a coffee table...

Here is a link to a real coffee table book:

http://edition.cnn.com/books/news/9805/12/coffee.table.cnn/

• 2 weeks later...
I just ordered mine, can't wait. And is it just me or is that valk in the lower left of the latest pic the same pose as the VF-X2 YF-19 poster?

this is the original. The poster was taken from this pic.