Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

Now I feel like I'm partly to blame because I never had any interest in  FMP stuff. :ph34r:

 

 

:D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Now I feel like I'm partly to blame because I never had any interest in  FMP stuff. :ph34r:

Eh, I have zero interest in the Exia, but they still keep making it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Eh, I have zero interest in the Exia, but they still keep making it anyway.

I guess the difference is that Exia continues to sell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I guess the difference is that Exia continues to sell. 

And that's a fact. ^_^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I guess the difference is that Exia continues to sell. 

Pretty much, buy what you want, Bandai will make whatever sells. There's no requirement to buy a release if you don't like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Prorook363 said:

Has anyone heard from Otakusquare regarding the status of the Metal Build Eva-02 orders by any chance?

We are currently confident that we are going to be able to deliver on the pre-orders made with us. In the past few months we have been in close contact with our supplier for the EVA-02 to ensure that we do not get a surprise cancellation served to us. The worst that we could see happening is the shipping being slightly delayed into early february, if this happens we will of course inform our customers.

If you have any questions regarding your specific order, feel free to e-mail us at service@otakusquare.com. Our customer service is a bit busy around these days, so if you want a more direct response you can also shoot us an WhatsApp at +31850013955. We'd gladly be at your service!

Edited by Otaku Square

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, when is the next chance we're gonna have to see some new Tamashii stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from premium build, metal build gundams are in the 1/100 scale while metal robots are more towards 1/144 scale, but I could be wrong. The only metal build I will get from iron blooded orphan series is the gundam bael, for some reason I like that design

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Pretty much, buy what you want, Bandai will make whatever sells. There's no requirement to buy a release if you don't like it.

I don't really know how to read this response. Nothing personal was meant by my statement or anything; it's literally stating that Exia is a popular piece that continues to sell and that's all. My bad if it came off some kind of way.

------------------------------------------------------------

Was talking to a friend yesterday and the GN arms got brought up.... I'm really hoping they circle back and knock that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Aside from premium build, metal build gundams are in the 1/100 scale while metal robots are more towards 1/144 scale, but I could be wrong. The only metal build I will get from iron blooded orphan series is the gundam bael, for some reason I like that design

You're pretty close. Officially, neither line aims for a scale so much as an absolute size: IIRC Metal Builds aim for 18-20cm tall (7-8 in.) and RD for 12-15cm (5-6 in.). There can be a lot of wiggle room in there, especially on the RD end; again IIRC, "smaller" designs like the Wing and Victory Gundams tend to the same absolute size as "larger" Unicorns and Sazabis, etc.

Even in the ostensibly stricter world of model kits, scale can fluctuate slightly. The HGAC Wing Gundam, for instance, is similarly larger than it "should be" despite the 1/144 advertised scale.

I suspect that scales actually came second, ie toys were designed for a certain size first and then a rough scale figured out later, but then scale eventually replaced size as the standard.

Is the GFFMC line in roughly 1/100 scale? I think I was confused by this back when the line first started because up to that point, GFF was all 1/144 scale (and specifically 1/144 scale, at that, no wiggle room).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

You're pretty close. Officially, neither line aims for a scale so much as an absolute size: IIRC Metal Builds aim for 18-20cm tall (7-8 in.) and RD for 12-15cm (5-6 in.). There can be a lot of wiggle room in there, especially on the RD end; again IIRC, "smaller" designs like the Wing and Victory Gundams tend to the same absolute size as "larger" Unicorns and Sazabis, etc.

Even in the ostensibly stricter world of model kits, scale can fluctuate slightly. The HGAC Wing Gundam, for instance, is similarly larger than it "should be" despite the 1/144 advertised scale.

I suspect that scales actually came second, ie toys were designed for a certain size first and then a rough scale figured out later, but then scale eventually replaced size as the standard.

Is the GFFMC line in roughly 1/100 scale? I think I was confused by this back when the line first started because up to that point, GFF was all 1/144 scale (and specifically 1/144 scale, at that, no wiggle room).

I think you are right about the size of the toy by the toy line, it just so happens that the size is similar to the scale thus the confusion. As for GFFMC, I think its similar to 1/100 scale, will need to compare my bro’s GFFMC unicorn with his master grade and see if there is a size difference or its the same thing with added metal parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Is the GFFMC line in roughly 1/100 scale?

My experience is only with the newer releases so not sure about the earlier ones.  But I'd agree that the newer ones are close to 1/100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want more EVA stuff... Nigoki needs fire support.

49375783947_b116d9a56e_h.jpg

49375784187_d05d5cdd7d_h.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 8:22 PM, anime52k8 said:

Want more EVA stuff... Nigoki needs fire support.

49375783947_b116d9a56e_h.jpg

49375784187_d05d5cdd7d_h.jpg

That Eva 02 is amazing. Oh God I hope there is a KO....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, carlsylar said:

Three arrived, ten more on the way LOL

 

 

are you going for some kind of unlimited blade works or something. :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carlsylar said:

Three arrived, ten more on the way LOL

C085DB59-1FD3-4CE0-9097-EE66E8AB6D86.jpeg.d9312377d21a639800700c5c097522fa.jpeg4423A4F6-C02F-4598-808F-CAF5749517E9.jpeg.18ebaf0c883ab3c3d152efc38785fd70.jpeg

I cannot wait to see the progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, F360 said:

 

are you going for some kind of unlimited blade works or something. :D  

Well I am the bone of swords… Well tbh astray needs some as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I cannot wait to see the progress. 

Gonna take a while, Chinese New Year some swords I ordered from japan would not arrive until end of Jan T.T

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 12:56 PM, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I was informed that event excludes the US. 

that's lame. Not like everything's gonna get reposed to all the usual blogs instantly anyways. I'm just hoping they're gonna have stuff from more than one series per toy line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, carlsylar said:

Three arrived, ten more on the way LOL

Holy crap dude! Did you get some kind of volume discount?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Holy crap dude! Did you get some kind of volume discount?!

I didn't, but pbandai kindly gives me 4000 yen off coupon for my next order ==

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, carlsylar said:

Three arrived, ten more on the way LOL

*snip*

I plan to add one every time I order from Mandarake or Jungle if they have them available ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 7:11 PM, carlsylar said:

Three arrived, ten more on the way LOL

C085DB59-1FD3-4CE0-9097-EE66E8AB6D86.jpeg.d9312377d21a639800700c5c097522fa.jpeg4423A4F6-C02F-4598-808F-CAF5749517E9.jpeg.18ebaf0c883ab3c3d152efc38785fd70.jpeg

Attempting to beat this? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crackpot said:

Attempting to beat this? 

 

 

Nah, I know this dude, but I would not put them this way, I’m just waiting for the rest 12 coming. Now my strike is a demon hunter LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, carlsylar said:

Thx, but I’m good for now, total 18 I’m ordered

18 is not enough. 20 is a good number. :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not extensively knowledgeable about the UC timeline but decided to look more into the Nu Gundam because of the metal structure and my preference of the Hi-Nu design. So this is the original design of the Nu and Sazabi.

 

Gundam_Chars_Counterattack_-_High_Streamer_RAW_Novel_V01-250.jpg

corfkqm95sm21.jpg

Gundam_Chars_Counterattack_-_High_Streamer_RAW_Novel_V02-260.jpg

Edited by crackpot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...