Jump to content

Should we make this as a general thread for any future official Bandai METAL BUILD releases outside Gundam?  

72 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we need to include Gundams on this thread or not?

    • Yes, Gundams included.
      54
    • No, please use the Gundams thread for its Metal Build releases.
      18


Recommended Posts

Tried ordering Strike infinity from the link above. Let's see how it goes. Total price is around 19700 yen (shipped) which is a lot cheaper than Mandarake is asking (22000 not yet shipped). For thos that ordered exclusives from Amazon, does it still have the  tamashii brown shipping box?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Thank you. Hopefully it'll be re-issued for sale over Tamashii sites again.

not likely, p-bandai items almost never re-issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 2:06 AM, doomgart said:

Did anyone bought something from this store? There a bit fantastic price and quantity. And it looks like a trap.

Wow! MB Strike Freedom Soul Blue for $50??? :shok:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

super obvious scam. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, carlsylar said:

not likely, p-bandai items almost never re-issue

yeah, and the site did say is only available in the event. 

that is why i was asking if anyone here in Japan/tokyo or attending it. Or if know any service/proxy that buys/ship for the service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

super obvious scam. :rolleyes:

Cooldudespoolservice.com? C'mon, they OBVIOUSLY sell legitimate Japanese toys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arky said:

yeah, and the site did say is only available in the event. 

that is why i was asking if anyone here in Japan/tokyo or attending it. Or if know any service/proxy that buys/ship for the service. 

since the items that you are talking about will be  event only items, it will not be cheap to get a proxy to buy them for you.  Because since there is no preordering, they will have to go to the event first before knowing if they will be able to get it.   So if any proxy were to do it. you will most likely need  to pay them the travel time, the transportation cost, and any entry fee.   Which are most likely non refundable because that's what it will cost them just to get there to find out if your item is still available.    And the item cost which is the only cost that will be refunded if they can not get it.  

If your item is available , they will buy it and bring it back to their warehouse, at which  you will then need to select and pay for the international shipping cost.

If your item is not available, , you will only get the item cost refunded,.. all other cost was already used to go to the event. 

So it can get pretty expensive 

 

This is not the same as the event items that you can preorder and then pickup at event.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, F360 said:

since the items that you are talking about will be  event only items, it will not be cheap to get a proxy to buy them for you.  Because since there is no preordering, they will have to go to the event first before knowing if they will be able to get it.   So if any proxy were to do it. you will most likely need  to pay them the travel time, the transportation cost, and any entry fee.   Which are most likely non refundable because that's what it will cost them just to get there to find out if your item is still available.    And the item cost which is the only cost that will be refunded if they can not get it.  

If your item is available , they will buy it and bring it back to their warehouse, at which  you will then need to select and pay for the international shipping cost.

If your item is not available, , you will only get the item cost refunded,.. all other cost was already used to go to the event. 

So it can get pretty expensive 

 

This is not the same as the event items that you can preorder and then pickup at event.   

make sense which is why i was asking for ones that were going instead of ones that need to get out of the way just to attend. 

just to save certain fees. I will also be checking YJA, pretty sure a bunch will go buy and resell back up on YJA--- flood the market and drop the price a bit lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they got a update pick of the 00 raiser designer blue ver. 

image.png.7856d85bd269d929229e2acc5373b94d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 6:17 PM, no3Ljm said:

It's ok, B. You can have it too if you want a MISB one. :good:  I have lots of upcoming preorder payments and I'm still contemplating about it since I have no idea if I can switch the head and if the white paint is the same as the other.

If Anubis will not sell it, I'll bug him next month. ^_^ 

 

Yoooo, so I finally got around to opening the 40th Anniversary Edition, the heads are absolutely swappable (same mold) and the parts that are "white" are pretty close to being the same. *IF* anything the original looks to be a tiny bit brighter when I look at them side-by-side, but its a very subtle difference. 

Some of the other colors like the blue on the chest, yellow at the neck are noticeably different shades whereas the whites and reds are extremely close. Maybe someone with a more discerning eye could tell you better, but I think you could easily swap the heads and be none the wiser to any color differences.

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 2:59 AM, eXis10z said:

Looks like a scam. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

None of that site's prices make any sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Arky said:

they got a update pick of the 00 raiser designer blue ver. 

image.png.7856d85bd269d929229e2acc5373b94d.png

I like that blue on Amuro's Zeta instead of the pink they've been using recently. Wish, if ever Tomemei decides on doing Cita once again in Amuro's color, wish they use this blue than pink. ^_^ 

To be honest, I like the camo look on this MB.

4 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Yoooo, so I finally got around to opening the 40th Anniversary Edition, the heads are absolutely swappable (same mold) and the parts that are "white" are pretty close to being the same. *IF* anything the original looks to be a tiny bit brighter when I look at them side-by-side, but its a very subtle difference. 

Some of the other colors like the blue on the chest, yellow at the neck are noticeably different shades whereas the whites and reds are extremely close. Maybe someone with a more discerning eye could tell you better, but I think you could easily swap the heads and be none the wiser to any color differences.

-b.

Thanks B for checking the head swapping. Really appreciate it. You just convinced me to get the original too. I owe you sir. :good:;) 

Paging @anubis20. ^_^ 

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I like that blue on Amuro's Zeta instead of the pink they've been using recently. Wish, if ever Tomemei decides on doing Cita once again in Amuro's color, wish they use this blue than pink. ^_^ 

To be honest, I like the camo look on this MB.

Thanks B for checking the head swapping. Really appreciate it. You just convinced me to get the original too. I owe you sir. :good:;) 

Paging @anubis20. ^_^ 

 

Ha ha ha! I'm an enabler too.

They're both really nice figures, I think you'll be happy.

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Everyone's asleep! I'm surprised that it's still up an hour after you posted this @F360

-b.

Me too , maybe it’s the new tax law ,so the people that’s awake on the west coast are not as tempted and the people on the east coast are asleep, lol   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, F360 said:

Me too , maybe it’s the new tax law ,so the people that’s awake on the west coast are not as tempted and the people on the east coast are asleep, lol   

thx man, now my unit 01 soccer team is almost ready !

Hopefully bbts will open unit 02's pre-order again !

1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, F360 said:

Me too , maybe it’s the new tax law ,so the people that’s awake on the west coast are not as tempted and the people on the east coast are asleep, lol   

HA! Maybe so.

It sold out before I passed out from exhaustion, somewhere around 3 AM Eastern.

5 hours ago, carlsylar said:

thx man, now my unit 01 soccer team is almost ready !

Hopefully bbts will open unit 02's pre-order again !

1.jpg

And :o!

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hubba Hubba. :wub:

To be honest, I’m liking the blue on the frame. But still pass for me. :rolleyes:

2EC94D18-2F7D-43EC-9E44-8F254C1A1940.thumb.jpeg.4a42778b1c6255ec6c83382afb00c215.jpeg

13F50C94-3166-40DF-A6B0-BA3FDCBB6BF6.jpeg.93fddc624bb9e65ea49104a576de82d6.jpeg

FFEF0827-9528-4775-8146-76571BDDC3E0.thumb.jpeg.69260da0f1abf5133ab3937d0150092d.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Numbninja said:

Holy smokes....my po got cancelled...does anyone hv a copy they can secure for me...i rlly want this

I'm in such a panic i forgot to mention it was the mb eva-01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Numbninja said:

I'm in such a panic i forgot to mention it was the mb eva-01

What vendor cancelled your order?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Numbninja said:

Entertainment earth

Did they send an email and/or give a reasoning? I got in when they re-opened the pre-orders recently. I wonder how many of us are on the chopping block?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did the same thing to me with the MB Strike. They don't get their stock until very late so they didn't let me know until months after it had been released. Not the easiest of chores to secure one at a reasonable price at that point.

The other thing they do that I don't like is list the release date on their site as the actual release date of the product, not the date they expect to receive the product. Then every month they send out a status update pushing the release date out to the next month. They do this for many months until they finally deliver to you or cancel.

My MB Qan[T] they eventually delivered months after the release date. My MB 007SG I cancelled after waiting 5 months with no delivery in sight. When I cancelled they assured me they would be getting it but I wasn't willing to wait anymore. My MB Strike they cancelled 4 months after the release date.

I won't even use them as a store of last resort anymore due to all of this. If I have to I'd rather pay a marked up price on YJA or eBay for more peace of mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes, I don’t feel too bad about skipping their EVA PO when it popped up now :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...