That's a great display jvmacross...the best of different generations...i love the purple meltran(?) sneaking on the left. What model is the red and white 101 (hikaru) on the right side of the hangar? I can't recognize it.

Thanks!

1/60 Meltran courtesy of DarrinG productions......http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40872&p=1108900

Macross the First VF-1J was manufactured by fellow MW member GGemini.....http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37248

Edited by jvmacross

I see, it's from the new manga then. I didn't get to read it yet but that model is tickling my curiosity now. I see there is also a VF-1J V.1. Well, i keep mine displayed too.I love that model so much i will never get rid of it. If i am allowed to give you a little suggestion, if you put the stickers on it's gonna look so much better! That's what i did with mine few weeks ago(after almost a decade) and it looks just great!

@jvmacross.. love the hanger shots! looks fantastic! B))

Today I got my other display cabinets lighting setup! I might still add some smaller LED strips to brighten up the lower shelves a bit as the light doesn't quite spread so well in a few spots, the phone camera seems to exaggerate the effect showing a greater contrast between the lighter and darker areas making it look worse than it actually is.. I included a brightness controller and this setting is at 25%. Im pretty wrapped with the end result! :D

20150123_160617.jpg

20150123_160646.jpg

That's a fantastic setup Spanner! Sorry if I missed it, but did you already mention where you got your shelves from?

Aw, and you've got a complete Emerald Force squadron too! That's cool!

That's a fantastic setup Spanner! Sorry if I missed it, but did you already mention where you got your shelves from?

Aw, and you've got a complete Emerald Force squadron too! That's cool!

Hey thanks Brouken! The display cabinets are Ikea Klingsbo. To be honest they aren't quite as good as the Ikea Detolf..

Yeah I do rather pride myself about my Emerald Force squadron! Bad ass looking lot! B))

Woo that an epic setup jvmacross!! .... and a great display spanner76 ... looks awesome, love the yamato2199 figure

Thanks mate! :D

Very nice display setup you got there, Spanner! I love your VF-1 collection. And yes, the complete VF-19 Emerald Force is totally awesome!

Thanks for your kind words! Yeah my VF-1 bunch are the heart of my Macross collection! ^_^

@jvmacross.. love the hanger shots! looks fantastic! B))

Today I got my other display cabinets lighting setup! I might still add some smaller LED strips to brighten up the lower shelves a bit as the light doesn't quite spread so well in a few spots, the phone camera seems to exaggerate the effect showing a greater contrast between the lighter and darker areas making it look worse than it actually is.. I included a brightness controller and this setting is at 25%. Im pretty wrapped with the end result! :D

Awesome!! The lights turned out great!

Sweet display sets saburo and spanner76! Cant wait to show my display cabinet which i just build up, once i have cleaned up and plan my layout. Its abit pathetic as compared to the likes of you guy's collection

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing photos of your display.

so while I was still awake and suffering from a continuous streak of boredom I had a little brainstorm and came up with an idea to get rid of the ugly black stand base for the Luca RVF-25 Ghost Fighters!

Drilled a few holes in the base of the Flight Pose stand and it worked perfect! Ok so its kinda follows the same idea the pegged YetiStand Alpha uses.. so it wasn't completely my idea.. Thanks Yeti! ;):p

20150126_005518.jpg

20150126_005610.jpg

so while I was still awake and suffering from a continuous streak of boredom I had a little brainstorm and came up with an idea to get rid of the ugly black stand base for the Luca RVF-25 Ghost Fighters!

Drilled a few holes in the base of the Flight Pose stand and it worked perfect! Ok so its kinda follows the same idea the pegged YetiStand Alpha uses.. so it wasn't completely my idea.. Thanks Yeti! ;):p

20150126_005518.jpg

20150126_005610.jpg

On the first pic, I said myself that this idea was saving a LOT of space because you still have so much room for a the dynamic 25G pose in that detolf... Then on the second pic, this isn't a detolf !

The detolf is so challenging when you got to put these Bandai releases and their fast packs/tornados and ghosts!

On the first pic, I said myself that this idea was saving a LOT of space because you still have so much room for a the dynamic 25G pose in that detolf... Then on the second pic, this isn't a detolf !

The detolf is so challenging when you got to put these Bandai releases and their fast packs/tornados and ghosts!

Compared to the Klingsbo the Detolf do have a slightly smaller shelf surface area but.. the Klingsbo have a much more shallow shelf height which make things equally if not more challenging to display than the Detolf.

I would say the Detolf are the superior cabinets in terms of display options and pricing! I kinda regret buying the Klingsbo, originally when I researched both cabinets I thought the extra surface area and 5th shelf of the Klingsbo would work out better but I was wrong. <_<

Edited by spanner76

I know this all to well... :wacko:

I got you covered....

UNipxLW.jpg

Does that mean that a Yetistand can handle and display a Detolf or at least a Detolf shelf ?? :lol:

Compared to the Klingsbo the Detolf do have a slightly smaller shelf surface area but.. the Klingsbo have a much more shallow shelf height which make things equally if not more challenging to display than the Detolf.

I would say the Detolf are the superior cabinets in terms of display options and pricing! I kinda regret buying the Klingsbo, originally when I researched both cabinets I thought the extra surface area and 5th shelf of the Klingsbo would work out better but I was wrong. <_<

The Detolf is becoming a standard for Macross display, or kind of until someone find one. Without stands, I think Klingsbo could be superior but once you got battroid mode on a Bandai stand, the Detolf height is a already tight fit.