Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

42 issues completed and this thing is already heavy.  I can only imagine what an absolute unit the completed SBY will be. I'm so glad there are opportunities to test out the wiring and lights as we go. And so far, the lights and gimmicks are working as they should.  The light for the wave motion cannon is MEGA bright. I didn't notice the subtle glitter on the surface of the main barrell until the wave motion gun lit up, creating a sparkly effect like it's charging-real nice touch there.  But those anchors...that was a bigger PiTA than the teeny Cosmo Tiger.  I accidentally jammed a metal pin deep under my fingernail while putting an anchor together.  Good times.  Anyhoo, I can't progress until the next shipment of issues come in :(.

20200120_220006_001-2656x1494.jpg

I think I'm through 49.  The bridge light assembly is a PITA to put into the gray housing unit.  I had to end up gluing fiber-optics INTO the cylindrical housings that go into the unit. And the lights are HELLA BRIGHT!  2nd pic to see light bleed (fix during build if you can).

20200121_143956.jpg

20200121_144027.jpg

Edited by easnoddy
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

I think I'm through 49.  The bridge light assembly is a PITA to put into the gray housing unit.  I had to end up gluing fiber-optics INTO the cylindrical housings that go into the unit. And the lights are HELLA BRIGHT!  2nd pic to see light bleed (fix during build if you can).

That doesn't sound fun at all.  But yes, I'll definitely cover that gap to prevent light bleed-thanks.  I figure I'll do the same to the hull when the time comes to fully seal it. On mine, the largest area to cover up so far is near the bow where the anchors are.  Speaking of anchors, did your paper clip work-around fix your anchor?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching 2202 and yup - they blew it big time.  All the major changes they made were for the worse and for anyone who has not seen it they made MANY more changes in 2202 compared to the changes they made in 2199.  They took all the best parts and messed them up, fleets appear and disappear with no emotional impact of any kind (and often with no logic) and the physical changes done to Gatlantis were an abomination.

Don't get me started on that ending...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps this has been asked and answered already, but, why is the Under Armor logo on Cosmo Tiger and the grey haired female fighter pilots uniform?

What else does it mean besides Under Armor?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Perhaps this has been asked and answered already, but, why is the Under Armor logo on Cosmo Tiger and the grey haired female fighter pilots uniform?

What else does it mean besides Under Armor?

 

Under Armor sponsored 2202. That's it.

It's pretty dumb not gonna lie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

The top pages are actually for an upcoming web comic named Star Blazers Lambda, and from what I've read it takes place in a different continuity in the year 2099.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, MotherClucker92 said:

Hello, I was wondering if it’s to late to subscribe? And if it so t to late, how do I subscribe?

Is this about the Hachette Yamato? I can't say for sure if it's too late to suscribe since the run is already past the halfway point.  However, I know for sure that Hachette will not accept subscription requests from the U.S.  I assume this extends to other overseas requests.  If you can live without the subscription bonuses, you could still find issues from HLJ and Japanese auction sites.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys know that we have an actual 2205 thread already made (and well buried apparently)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

One Yamato thread for all of it works for me.

And in the darkness bind them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

6 1/2 years later...got a GX-86 and it should be coming in either tomorrow or Thursday. I don't know if I will do a full review, but I will definitely give my thoughts on it compared to the GX-64 that I had. If I'm right, I think this is going to be an improvement in every way, as they have improved upon every version of the Yamato that they have done with every new release since the beginning.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Off ebay? If so that was me. It's solid and cool, but since I'm building the Hachette, I just didn't see a need to keep both. Let me know if you have any questions.

I still have the BPX-01, even though it's plastic, I really dig it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Off ebay? If so that was me. It's solid and cool, but since I'm building the Hachette, I just didn't see a need to keep both. Let me know if you have any questions.

I still have the BPX-01, even though it's plastic, I really dig it. 

Well I'll be damned, small world, isn't it? I had the BPX-01 as well as the GX-57 and GX-64. Like I said, Bandai always seems to be improving their releases with each one, I have no doubt the GX-86 is better than the GX-64.

I saw the Hachette that's coming out in parts, good luck with that, I wouldn't have any room for that monster where I'm at right now, LOL. 

The GX-86 seems to be much better detailed than the GX-64, I bet it looks great in person, can't wait to see for myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The remote control idea is pretty cool. Lights sounds and primary and secondary batteries rotate. I did verify everything works and took the batteries out.

Thankfully Hachette is up to issue 74/110. So about 70% complete.

Edited by easnoddy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

The remote control idea is pretty cool. Lights sounds and primary and secondary batteries rotate. I did verify everything works and took the batteries out.

Thankfully Hachette is up to issue 74/110. So about 70% complete.

Do post pics when it's finished, I'd love to see it completed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, easnoddy said:

The remote control idea is pretty cool. Lights sounds and primary and secondary batteries rotate. I did verify everything works and took the batteries out.

Thankfully Hachette is up to issue 74/110. So about 70% complete.

Interesting review here : http://bravefortress.com/gallery/soul-of-chogokin-gx-86-space-battleship-yamato-2202/

Edited by Kyp Durron
Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, got it hand a couple of hours ago, my impressions are this...  Woah. This is, as I thought, the best Bandai release yet. They knocked this one out of the park. The motorized turrets are a blast to play with. All lights and sounds are top notch. The sculpt detail itself is pretty much on par with the Bandai kits which is yet another area that makes this superior to the GX-64 2199 release.

Id say if you can get one, you should. Even if you already have the GX-64, you should still get this. Yes, it's that good. In fact, I plan to get a second one to keep MIB.

I shudder with anticipation to think how good Bandai's inevitable 2205 Yamato release will be, and if I'm able, I will definitely get that one too.

Edited by Kyp Durron
Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention that I do have one issue with mine though which is apparently a widespread issue as I have seen this in many online reviews :

D8SlzWvWwAASt8M?format=jpg&name=medium

There is a small section that's several shades lighter than the rest of the model in front of the port catapult launcher, this seems to be on many of the 2202 Yamato's and it's the only fault I could find on mine. 

It's not a deal breaker, but I am surprised to see so many get out the door, though. 

Oh, one last thing I'd like to mention is the anchors that you put on either side of the bow. Someone in this thread lost theirs because it fell out, that's because they don't stay in there very well. I lost one too, but noticed it quickly and took my shoes off so I could feel it if I stepped on it which I ended up doing, but it was only bent slightly, so it was easy to straighten back out. If I had been wearing shoes, I would have broken it for sure because I wouldn't have felt it in time before it broke. 

I ended up using glue to keep them in, as I don't really care about the rocket anchors with the chains gimmick, but I DO CARE about losing either anchor or both, that is a much bigger deal. The 2199 GX-64 that I had did not have this issue, so this may be another widespread issue. This isn't a dealbreaker for me either.

I still stand by what I said when I said that if you can get this, you should even if you have the 2199 version. 

Edited by Kyp Durron
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Up to issue 82 on the Hachette Yamato...I don't see how they finish this thing in 28 more issues.  Only 2/3 of the hull is done.  There's the whole fighter bay and engine compartments yet to build.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 9:03 AM, easnoddy said:

Up to issue 82 on the Hachette Yamato...I don't see how they finish this thing in 28 more issues.  Only 2/3 of the hull is done.  There's the whole fighter bay and engine compartments yet to build.

I'm building it too, but I've got the last 20 issues in my HLJapan private warehouse.
Just too expensive or unreliable to ship to the USA currently.

Wondering if there is another retailer that I should be purchasing from?
Missing or loosing just 1 issue in the mail could be devastating......

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oshanmacross said:

I'm building it too, but I've got the last 20 issues in my HLJapan private warehouse.
Just too expensive or unreliable to ship to the USA currently.

Wondering if there is another retailer that I should be purchasing from?
Missing or loosing just 1 issue in the mail could be devastating......

I'm in the same boat, I'm down 20 something issues and they're all sitting in HLJ's warehouse.  As for other retail sources, I fortunately haven't had to go to another one. HLJ's been good for me in staying current with the issues.  However, I've noticed a lot of vendors in Japanese auctions selling varying amounts of the Hachette issues, so that could be alternative if you don't mind using a proxy service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I'm in the same boat, I'm down 20 something issues and they're all sitting in HLJ's warehouse.  As for other retail sources, I fortunately haven't had to go to another one. HLJ's been good for me in staying current with the issues.  However, I've noticed a lot of vendors in Japanese auctions selling varying amounts of the Hachette issues, so that could be alternative if you don't mind using a proxy service.

Yeah, Getting kinda sketchy.....
HLJ has been good to me also but miss one issue.... Investment/project over!

:(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to make the shipping worthwhile I'm getting 2 sets of the Yamato, one to build and one likely to sell (I'm sure I'll lose money on the effort) . Issue 079 I wasn't able to get a 2nd. Will have to get it from an auction source. Only getting one set of the Macross VF-1 because the shipping is already covered by the yamato. I really wish they had done the TV SDF-1 instead of the VF-1S. Missing 20-22 of the VF-1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 12:11 PM, easnoddy said:

Just to make the shipping worthwhile I'm getting 2 sets of the Yamato, one to build and one likely to sell (I'm sure I'll lose money on the effort) . Issue 079 I wasn't able to get a 2nd. Will have to get it from an auction source. Only getting one set of the Macross VF-1 because the shipping is already covered by the yamato. I really wish they had done the TV SDF-1 instead of the VF-1S. Missing 20-22 of the VF-1.

How are you having them shipped if I may ask?

SAL or DHL?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...