BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Crazy brave to transform it, you would think any scratch would be a nightmare.

Right!

Hell, it was crazy brave to even attempt that customization. It's one thing to do a 'straight' re-paint or add decals here and there, but something that intricate. Ballsy.

-b.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have a link to the article? At this point it seems very unlikely that a DX YF-19 is imminent due to the recent release of the Arcadia toy. BigWest doesn't usually let two companies make different toys in the same scale at the same time. My guess would be we have at least a year before a DX YF-19.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-10-29/bandai-teases-giant-26-inch-sdf-1-macross-14-inch-vf-1-valkyrie-toys/.94775

This is the article, but I think there was some confusion as to whether it was referring to a HM-R YF-19 or the 1/60 DX-C. If the Bandai YF-19 is potentially vapor the rerelease of the Arcadia YF-19 becomes very tempting. Your review of it was very helpful though the durability score scared me off a bit.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-10-29/bandai-teases-giant-26-inch-sdf-1-macross-14-inch-vf-1-valkyrie-toys/.94775

This is the article, but I think there was some confusion as to whether it was referring to a HM-R YF-19 or the 1/60 DX-C. If the Bandai YF-19 is potentially vapor the rerelease of the Arcadia YF-19 becomes very tempting. Your review of it was very helpful though the durability score scared me off a bit.

That was the article during last year's Tamashii Nation event. So far, the only came out when they teased those are the HM-R Regult and Glaug. And the released VF-1S. The rest from what I remember people posted before were like 'For Display Only' tag/nameplates.

Right now, the only thing we can do is wait and see. The speculation is they might release those after Delta. Or probably a 'filler' in-between months of Delta releases. Who knows?

I so want that SDF 1!

That;s some serious handi-work on that Advance. There seems to be no shortage of amazing talent out there. Wish I had just a smidge.

As for a possible Bandai YF-19 color scheme, I'll second Supernova. It always reminds me of this: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/modelgraphix/yf-19-6th.htm

That blue on white with all the various markings just looks fantastic.

With both an Advance and an Arcadia YF-19, I'm pretty satisfied on the -19 front. I'm with Mommar: for me to invest in more Bandai -19 toys, they'll have to roll out something new and interesting, and hopefully, remold the piece under the uni-boob to make it nice and contoured. The Supernova scheme would be tempting.

Honestly, though, Delta toys notwithstanding, I'd rather see Bandai attempt some of Kawamori's earlier valk designs. I'm quite impressed with how well my Advance has held up ( been in battroid with full packs for months, with only minor changes to its pose, and not an iota of drooping, sagging, or loosening of the joints, nor have the wing packs fallen off- my Arcadia can only hold a certain pose due to the right ankle joint becoming completely friction-less and floppy after only a couple transformations :angry: ) While I think Arcadia beats Bandai in some areas, esp landing gear, clear plastic for lights, etc, overall The Advance demonstrates to me that their joints, esp those all important ankle joints, hold up for the long term. The Advance also shows some nice engineering, nice detailing, and lovely tampo all over (almost too much). So hopefully, they'll consider doing some of the as-yet unproduced older valk designs. I'd love to see them do a VF-9 or a VF-14. I'm all in for a Space Pope. :lol:

With both an Advance and an Arcadia YF-19, I'm pretty satisfied on the -19 front. I'm with Mommar: for me to invest in more Bandai -19 toys, they'll have to roll out something new and interesting, and hopefully, remold the piece under the uni-boob to make it nice and contoured. The Supernova scheme would be tempting.

Honestly, though, Delta toys notwithstanding, I'd rather see Bandai attempt some of Kawamori's earlier valk designs. I'm quite impressed with how well my Advance has held up ( been in battroid with full packs for months, with only minor changes to its pose, and not an iota of drooping, sagging, or loosening of the joints, nor have the wing packs fallen off- my Arcadia can only hold a certain pose due to the right ankle joint becoming completely friction-less and floppy after only a couple transformations :angry: ) While I think Arcadia beats Bandai in some areas, esp landing gear, clear plastic for lights, etc, overall The Advance demonstrates to me that their joints, esp those all important ankle joints, hold up for the long term. The Advance also shows some nice engineering, nice detailing, and lovely tampo all over (almost too much). So hopefully, they'll consider doing some of the as-yet unproduced older valk designs. I'd love to see them do a VF-9 or a VF-14. I'm all in for a Space Pope. :lol:

And thanks for reminding me, TONE DOWN the tampo. It's beyond obnoxious on the 19.

And thanks for reminding me, TONE DOWN the tampo. It's beyond obnoxious on the 19.

It needs to be the extras that would differentiate a DX YF-19. They should give us a fold drive, wing weapons, 2 seat convertible cockpit, Yang co pilot, and the arm weapon then slightly tweak the paint apps. I'd totally be on board for that. Still, we're probably talking a long time from now if they're about to go full Delta mode.

Fix the shield/leg interaction/fit in fighter mode. And the huge gap at the trailing edge of the wing root. Far more important than new accessories IMHO.

(Angling the canards up a bit would be nice too).

Those three things are really what's stopping me from selling my Arcadia to get a Bandai.

I dont mind bandai taking some time if it means a beautiful toy..

am secretly hoping that bandai is keeping the 19 as a christmas release...cos if that is so it may lead to a YF 21 next christmas keeping with the M+ theme.. :lol: fingers crossed..

The idea that two companies producing similar items from a particular IP are unable to produce those items simultaneously seems odd to me, esp if both have a license to produce said items. I will give no pretense as to understanding Japanese law in such a matter, but this sort of thing happens all the time. From a company's standpoint, esp in this case where both companies are producing nearly the same thing within a niche market, and each threatens the sales of the other, it's within each's best business interest to come to an agreement among themselves as to release dates, or producing variations so as not to step on each other's proverbial feet.

Anyway, while I'm not wholly interested in obtaining another -19 from Bandai, the YF-21 is another matter entirely. I'd love to see what kind of engineering solutions they'd incorporate. The Yammie was decent, but favored the fighter to the detriment of its battroid. I'd like to have a more balanced toy.

It's not Japanese law we're talking about, it's just how BigWest usually structures their licensing agreements. In the past, for premium toys, BigWest has usually offered exclusive licenses. They've definitely done non-exclusive deals for smaller cheaper toys (Revoltech VF-1 and GnU Dou VF-1). That said, usually exclusive licenses are more expensive so it's possible that Arcadia has a non-exclusive Mac+ license and Bandai has (or could acquire) the same thing. The closest 'deluxe' toy I can remember being released together was the Bandai 1/55 reissues and the Yamato 1/60 V1 toys. All of this is speculation of course.

• 2 weeks later...

With the 31 and 262 annouced as winter releases, i thk the the only remaining slot this year is open for a summer/fall valk?

Time to gauge whether bandai meant it when it mentioned the yf-19 last year!...c'mon baby roll me a YF-19 announcement soon.... :p

With the 31 and 262 annouced as winter releases, i thk the the only remaining slot this year is open for a summer/fall valk?

Time to gauge whether bandai meant it when it mentioned the yf-19 last year!...c'mon baby roll me a YF-19 announcement soon.... :p

Yeah, I hope so. I also want YF-19! Or at least they can re-issue the VF-19 Advance. I missed to buy one (at normal price) :(

Other than www.animenewsnetwork.com, any other sites reported about YF-19? I haven’t heard any rumours in Japanese...hmm

Edited by unlogic

Yeah, I hope so. I also want YF-19! Or at least they can re-issue the VF-19 Advance. I missed to buy one (at normal price) :(

Other than www.animenewsnetwork.com, any other sites reported about YF-19? I havent heard any rumours in Japanese...hmm

Just so you know, there's still some VF-19Adv for a good price over Mandarake. And some are still unopened.

Other than www.animenewsnetwork.com, any other sites reported about YF-19? I haven’t heard any rumours in Japanese...hmm

Unfortunately all has been quiet on that front. Thats why it may be ripe for an annoucement soon.

The dx VF-19 was released mid-june'ish, so fingers crossed there will be something....whats changed from last year of course there was no hi-metal releases mid year last year...

Dont exactly know if that affects things but am sure bandai would have taken into account the wallets of fans...

• 1 year later...
53 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

DX YF-19 Excalibur. So this is gonna happen in 2018 according to Tamashii Nations 2017? Comes with fold booster and missiles?

For real!?? I like my advance but I will def pickup an Excalibur wooo