1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Yeah, I'm happy with my VF-4G as well. I'm just glad Arcadia reissued it. There was no way I could afford the Yamato aftermarket prices.

I love the fighter mode on this thing as much as anybody else, but after transforming it to Battroid, and giving it a gunpod, it's remained that way on my display ever since. :wub:

post-28699-0-71741600-1461025903_thumb.jpg

Uhmm, yeah.

Just confirmed that my copy's left knee joint is also loose. :angry:

So, left-knee and left ankle both loose, with the left ankle free swinging. Can't leave it in Battroid-mode on my shelf as it tips both forward and back. No balance and can't hold a free standing neutral pose unless I put the legs in ultra-wide stance. Even then, it still seems like a shelf-diving hazard.

I've put Future on the joints and just hoping it'll add enuff coating stuff to give both joints some resistance. :touche:

I now really envy Jenius' tighter Yamato version.

:sigh:

:5:

I completely disassembled the foot on mine and it's a very nice, somewhat complicated piece of engineering. I don't think it'd be difficult to modify the joints a bit. I did notice the ball on the end of the leg had some residue on it, almost like a clear coat had been applied to it, straight from the factory. There are screws that seem to have some impact on the tightness of the joints in the ankle. The "toes" though are mounted with a spring pin so I don't think there's much that can be done to tighten them up. Well, maybe future/super-glue would work here?

Overall though, very beautiful and quite complicated design, transformation wise. Not in a frustrating way, mind you. I actually quite enjoy the process. The whole thing appeals to my desire for a high-end transforming toy from the shape, down to the way it transforms. I still think this is a pretty impressive toy. The loose joints are an issue but I can't say I've been that frustrated by them yet.

Uhmm, yeah.

Just confirmed that my copy's left knee joint is also loose. :angry:

So, left-knee and left ankle both loose, with the left ankle free swinging. Can't leave it in Battroid-mode on my shelf as it tips both forward and back. No balance and can't hold a free standing neutral pose unless I put the legs in ultra-wide stance. Even then, it still seems like a shelf-diving hazard.

I've put Future on the joints and just hoping it'll add enuff coating stuff to give both joints some resistance. :touche:

I now really envy Jenius' tighter Yamato version.

:sigh:

:5:

Thankfully my VF-4G is able to stand in a neutral pose in Battroid-Mode. However I put it once into Gerwalk-Mode and the knee joints where terribly loose and I feared that the toy would collapse if I left it that mode unattended. Any other poses besides standing stock still is hard to do with my version of the toy since the shoulders are loose, the ankles are not very stable and the kmees are a floppy mess besides standing upright.

Ok.

The ankle is not as free-swinging anymore as earlier. Reckon the Future did coated it a bit.

I felt the knee is not quite as loose as earlier, too, but not really sure.

Overall, it still tips over by itself, so I might have to use another compound or something.

However, I tried just repositioning the feet to be more diagonal from the legs and pointing opposite each other, and that seems to make it a lot more stable and well-balanced in battroid-mode. It doesn't tip over anymore. More solid now.

Still quite an ugly battroid to my eyes, but at least it's not a flailing drunk anymore.

So, pic...

post-263-0-31707900-1461058807_thumb.jpg

:touche:

Edited by treatment

And what did you use for the instrument panel? I don't think I saw that on the sticker sheet that comes with it.

That was a custom sticker I made for the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 many years ago. In fact, all the markings are from that 1/48 sticker sheet I made.

Edited by takatoys

takatoys, that's a sweet looking VF-4 you got there!

Are you planning on painting the nose?

Thanks. Honestly, I like the color Arcadia chose for this toy including the nose. The yellow Flashback nose is too flashy in my opinion, the dark grey looks cool. Edited by takatoys

Wow this is really disappointing to hear about all these problems. Did the Yamato release have same issues? I don't remember hearing about any problems. Arcadia really seems to be screwing up lately. My vf-4 is still in my private warehouse so I don't know yet if it has any of these issues.

The toy design really allows to easily adjust(tighten or loosen) the joints but you cant really blame if people be dis-appointed since the Yamato version was all praises.

But Still, I AM HAPPY TO GOT ONE NOW WITHOUT SELLING KIDNEY OR WHATEVER I CAN SELL OF MY BODY. Fighter mode is really beautiful and the parts can easily be dis-assembled in sections to facilitate customizing these bad boys in the future. Kudos to the engineering of this toy.

The toy design really allows to easily adjust(tighten or loosen) the joints but you cant really blame if people be dis-appointed since the Yamato version was all praises.

But Still, I AM HAPPY TO GOT ONE NOW WITHOUT SELLING KIDNEY OR WHATEVER I CAN SELL OF MY BODY. Fighter mode is really beautiful and the parts can easily be dis-assembled in sections to facilitate customizing these bad boys in the future. Kudos to the engineering of this toy.

Totally agree.

The canopy is one of the clearest I've seen on any Macross toy. Looks perfect.

Edited by takatoys

Wow this is really disappointing to hear about all these problems. Did the Yamato release have same issues? I don't remember hearing about any problems. Arcadia really seems to be screwing up lately. My vf-4 is still in my private warehouse so I don't know yet if it has any of these issues.

As far as I remember from the discussion of the Yamato ones from previous pages, Yamato only have loose missile tabs, and loose left elbow joints. Both ankles on my 2 Yamato ones are all good. ^_^

I think with Arcadia releases, it's better to pay this MSRP with loose joints than pay the Yamato ones for whooping $800-1000. Besides most people here love this only for Fighter mode. Just saying. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

I don't know. Considering all the diecast and the complexity of the parts (joints, small parts, moving parts, etc...) I still think it's a pretty well priced toy and far more reasonable than what they're asking for with the Strike VF-1S they've recently announced, for example. But that's my opinion based purely on those criteria already mentioned.

But I'm with you on the scheme - would love it that much more if it was FB 2012.

Edited by mickyg

I don't know. Considering all the diecast and the complexity of the parts (joints, small parts, moving parts, etc...) I still think it's a pretty well priced toy and far more reasonable than what they're asking for with the Strike VF-1S they've recently announced, for example. But that's my opinion based purely on those criteria already mentioned.

But I'm with you on the scheme - would love it that much more if it was FB 2012.

I'm with you on this one as well. Even if it has loose ankle, I'm still gonna get a Arcadia FB2012 version. ;)

• 4 weeks later...