1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

On 11/3/2023 at 1:05 AM, MKT said:

VF-4G is among my earliest collection, just about outside the first handful of valks in the collecting journey. I got the Arcadia reissue when it was still very much available at retail, so it happened to have been the best time to get it especially when Yamato's first issue was going at about double the prices just prior.

These days the VFX VF-4G seems a bit overlooked, especially with the release of the FB2012 VF-4A normal & premium versions mixed in with the HMRs in the intervening years. I've had this sitting in my display for years, never taken out of Fighter and I don't think it will ever be. :p So, just further appreciating it in Fighter mode for now..

It may look a bit drab in this colour & with minimal tampos, but in hand it just feels soooo good. The tactile feel of the plastic, the very fine panel lines & the weight makes it feel that it is very well put together. 

VF-4GFighterANRM2-b2v1_1nt.jpg.700e4c91ef68d4b765782d8b3fb1ecf5.jpg

This valk has so many control surfaces - wings, fins, canards and stabilizers but they all come together nicely as a nice coherent whole. I actually like fiddling with the moving fins, because there is the nice stiffness & consistency to the whole range of motion from one end to other, again great tactile feel.

Favorite design element: the curvature of the nosecone..

VF-4GFighterSideAeditNRM2-b2nt.jpg.a068cea572d7ee4a37f9213870c8550c.jpg

As much as I like to think how all the panels come together mostly flush, this is actually the first time I notice the rear cowlings of the upper booster nozzles don't meet the bottom thruster housings nicely. The nozzle cowling seems to be a bit too wide and it shows on both sides. A minor annoyance but doesn't detract from overall how sleek the VF-4 design is.

VF-4GFighterReareditNRM2-b2v1_1nt.jpg.8babf4fdb52fbe15ee7fda6bbbe2d389.jpg

More flight shots to come in future post..

just saw this...nice nice set-up and spotlight placing. :good: