1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Then i guess everyones holy grail is based on their invidual interpretation of what would be a prized possession or accomplished purchase. Personally i dont consider items that dont currently exist in the scope of my collection (1:60 lines) for example the 17T or MAXL. The 1:3000 is definitely something special but not an item of focus. The Yamato 1:60 Regult on the other hand is something that is burning in the back if my mind. What takes the edge off it is its enormous and simply put unjustifiable asking price they demand.. and the fact its only available as a build kit is another put off..

If Yamato released it completed then yeah definitely holly grail stuff!

I guess I'm confused by what people define as holy grail. For me, holy grail items are items that I never expect to see released rather than items I missed or that I couldn't afford when they were available. And since the VF-4G and the DYRL SDF-1 have been released, with the 1/60-scale VF-4G has getting two releases from two companies, I don't count either as holy grail items.

My holy grail items include things like a 1/3000 scale TV SDF-1, 1/3000 Battle 7, 1/60 VF-17T, or 1/60 VF-11MAXL. The Macross 7 stuff is niche and enigmatic, even among Macross fans, so I doubt I'll ever see those items hit the market. The TV SDF-1, with the MegaHouse version testing the waters today could go from holy grail status to reality, but time will tell.

+1 like the Holy grail...we hear about it ...somebody talk about it....but nobody ever touch it. or see it....like some mechas we see on the anime...but maybe we can never be able to see in his toy form.

How this became a holy grail discussion? haha

That was just a sidebar. :p :P

I like my Arcadia 4G. I think it would be cool to see Arcadia continue with the mold and release additional paint schemes. I think having something different would help to boost/keep interest between their new projects. On a related note, I hope this pause with the 4G and the Roy box set is temporary.

Is the VF-4G still considered a Holy Grail item? It's already become a shelf warmer and subject to discounted prices.

The VF-4G and Arcadia, in general, have lost their mojo...stolen,actually....it currently sits on a shelf in a jar at Bandai's HMR Division....

Cdtfq4eXIAIhRME.jpg

Top of the list is the virgin road. I can't see that ever getting a rerelease.

Not from Arcadia....

emperor-palpatine.png

lol nice references to bandai...yeah HMR teased the unicorn indeed but was that just a tease to seduce folks to the dark side of HMR?

The way to destroy the death star is via the exhaust port. So arcadia need to get their xwings in order and release the.......1/60 FB4G missile!

(at a reduced price and with tampo would be equivalent to the falcon destroying the death star)

Nice! Just not a big fan of the underbelly missiles for the 4G. ;)

I like it them!

Reminds me of her Namesake Lightning...

and a Mud-Moving Load-out

Edited by slide

Agreed. It looks good with a GU-11 gunpod fixed underneath but not so good with missiles..

well, we should get a load-out diagram in the VF-4 Masterfile...

Got my Arcadia VF-4G yesterday and transformed it today. Happy to report no issues with mine :) some observations:

- the knees and ankles are definitely weaker than the Yamato 4G. Not to the point that they flop but are very easy to move and i was a little afraid of it toppling over in battroid.

- Now the Arcadia 4G has solid elbows, on the Yamato there is a small amount of play on the elbows, at least on my copy. The elbows on the Arcadia are solid and dont move at all even if you shake the figure.

A3F18B1D-20B0-4215-A0DB-FE27B64A8F61.jpg

6C584D09-08FC-4DEB-B938-F1BADF85E1BE.jpg

9EDEFA81-4F2B-4805-B64C-08AE7E6965D8.jpg

C2CB767B-FC78-4F6D-844F-54B85D0E0B2F.jpg

Edited by anubis20

Got my Arcadia VF-4G yesterday and transformed it today. Happy to report no issues with mine :) some observations:

- the knees and ankles are definitely weaker than the Yamato 4G. Not to the point that they flop but are very easy to move and i was a little afraid of it toppling over in battroid.

- Now the Arcadia 4G has solid elbows, on the Yamato there is a small amount of play on the elbows, at least on my copy. The elbows on the Arcadia are solid and dont move at all even if you shake the figure. C2CB767B-FC78-4F6D-844F-54B85D0E0B2F.jpg

Wow, your Hikaru VF-1A sure has yellowed. Very distinct on the chest plate. Edited by Bub

Maybe I should look for a gun pod for my Vf-4g.

I bought an extra gunpod just for this :lol: Actually i think i have 2, one i bought from Froy here for my Yamato 4G and then i got one off ebay to have as a spare and now it goes with this one.

Wow, your Hikaru VF-1A sure has yellowed. Very distinct on the chest plate.

Its weird because it seems to be a thing with the 1A. Here is another 1A i had and it was brand new out of the box (under repair, broken shoulders of course :rolleyes:) and i noticed the color was different from my 1S Roy which i bought used.

5A85AC83-CB42-42A0-92A6-31F01E1236EF.jpg

B24127E1-6AF7-4D2D-AB59-C84DB86C4E35.jpg

I got mine yesterday! Very happy, but I quite surprised about the bold copyright and made in China printing on the back of the wings. A more subtle printing would have been nice on a 200$ toy.

You should be grateful since that's only a $200 toy. ;) Do you also have their other toy that has those markings as well under the wing? That one is $100 more. :) Hehehe.

Arcadia-YF-19-2.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

Yeah, I got lucky! ;-) Sad to see that on the yf-19 as well. Normally, I don't really mind, but this makes me try to rub it off.

You should be grateful since that's only a $200 toy. ;) Do you also have their other toy that has those markings as well under the wing? That one is $100 more. :) Hehehe.

Yeah. I don't think there's some yellowing going on. Our eyes is just getting tricked on looking which is more 'yellow' on both DYRL Valks posted above since they don't probably have the same DYRL tint. ;)

Yeah. I don't think there's some yellowing going on. Our eyes is just getting tricked on looking which is more 'yellow' on both DYRL Valks posted above since they don't probably have the same DYRL tint. ;)

Ah, gotcha.

I started to panic looking at all of my Yamato Valks currently on display. My v1 1/60's yellowed pretty badly, even the one or two I still had left MISB, but honestly who cares about those anymore. :lol:

On topic, I still think the Fighter mode on the 4G is the prettiest in all of Macross and I absolutely would buy a repaint (provided it wasn't flat-out awful). :wub:

-b.

I woke this morning to find my Arcadia VF-4G had toppled over to the somewhat loose upper leg hip joints clearly to blame.. Luckily it didn't land on anything important other than the Comso Fleet SDF-1..

I have never transformed my Yamato VF-4G so I can't make a direct comparison against it but I think I remember reading in here that the leg joints are loose yes? Has anyone gone about tightening the joints somehow?

I woke this morning to find my Arcadia VF-4G had toppled over to the somewhat loose upper leg hip joints clearly to blame.. Luckily it didn't land on anything important other than the Comso Fleet SDF-1..

I have never transformed my Yamato VF-4G so I can't make a direct comparison against it but I think I remember reading in here that the leg joints are loose yes? Has anyone gone about tightening the joints somehow?

Good thing it didn't break anything since VF-4G have lots of those 'pointy thingies' on the tip of the wings. But yeah, so far majority said that Arcadia have loose leg and ankle joints. :(

sorry to hear that man :( when i transformed mine i didnt trust it enough to leave it and battroid and promptly transformed it back to fighter mode. The feet, knees, and hips all seem a little loose. I havent transformed my Yamato 4G in a while but i do not recall it being as loose as this one.

Good thing it didn't break anything since VF-4G have lots of those 'pointy thingies' on the tip of the wings. But yeah, so far majority said that Arcadia have loose leg and ankle joints. :(

yes very true! Though it fell over forwards and hit the SDF-1 but missed the nearby VF-1A brownie!

sorry to hear that man :( when i transformed mine i didnt trust it enough to leave it and battroid and promptly transformed it back to fighter mode. The feet, knees, and hips all seem a little loose. I havent transformed my Yamato 4G in a while but i do not recall it being as loose as this one.

Thankfully no damage to either but those upper leg hip joints are quite floppy loose.. I might see if I can tighten them up somehow?