IXTL

"Does that mean i need another set of the armor or the armor for the CF is different color?

The armor pack for the CF (which was only seen in the Sayonara no Tsubasa) is the same color as the EX version. But Bandai knew that and planned ahead, making the wings with hard points part of the armor pack set.

You could mount the all the armor parts from the EX set onto the CF, but the under wing missiles will require teal wings with hard points.

FTW!!

Wouldn't it be cool if it came with the hard point wings & missiles, since that's how it ALWAYS appeared in the show?

Haha, yeah right. When we see more, I'll have to decide whether I want to ditch my EX, then paint the wings from the armor pack.

I fell in love with this one from its very first appearance in Frontier. This is the one I really wanted when they announced Alto's. Glad to see it (apparently) sold well enough for them to green light this. I did my part in hopes this would happen. Preordering as soon as I'm able to.

WIN.

No reason to make the armor for this one though, sadly, since the CF never used it. Though, I wonder if they'll ignore that and make a CF-styled armor pack anyway? Really, if Bandai had any decency, they'd just package this one with the hardpoints and missiles from the start, because the CFs were ALWAYS loaded to the gills with extra ordnance.

The "NO STEP" markings on the bottom of the wing though.. just one more facepalm on the list of "we don't know jack about aircraft" moments for Bandai.<_<

The "NO STEP" markings on the bottom of the wing though.. just one more facepalm on the list of "we don't know jack about aircraft" moments for Bandai. <_<

Hey Man, if that thing crashed and was turned upside down you wouldn't want somebody walking all over all of those parts... :rolleyes:

Edited by Mommar

Wow... they actually redid the fuselage that houses the cockpit/canopy. I'm guessing to make it more lineart accurate. There's also an extra set of bars there now supporting the cockpit when in Battroid mode.

I don't see anything extra from the 171EX supporting the cockpit on this one at all. It looks exactly the same to me in that regard.

The EX has that, it's the bottom of the cockpit. You just pull down the underside of the cockpit and it turns into a (slightly ineffective) support for the cockpit.

Anywho, NY is going to be getting more of my money with these. I just don't have the time or dedication to sit refreshing HLJ or AmiAmi 24/7.

Edited by Chronocidal

Oh wow... okay you guys are correct about the swing bar. That was a feature I did not see or use on my VF-171EX... lol. But they still redid the fuselage for the CF cockpit/canopy.

EDIT:

And I always thought the swing bar was something Bandai decided to leave out. Yup... it's in the manual. I must've skipped that part when transforming it... lol.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Teal colours make the VF-171 way more attractive, don't understand why people actually liked the white one.

So do we have to start staying from tonight or when is this happening?

For me it was not so much that I liked the white one. It was the fact that was the one flown by Alto in the later episodes. I prefer the teal one over it, but I would still like to assemble the squad that alto flew with in the end of the series.

Teal colours make the VF-171 way more attractive, don't understand why people actually liked the white one.

So do we have to start staying from tonight or when is this happening?

I like the white one in general but I think the white one looks better in Battroid mode. I'll keep this one in Fighter or Gerwalk.