DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I agree with you on this.

And I do understand the unhappiness of those who missed the deal, knowing that some people managed to get multiple pieces. Which led to many complaint emails to hlj for not limiting the quantity for the po.

I guess no one who managed to get 2 and above pieces would make any noise about it

So we shall see how this whole episode rounds up in the end.

I know for sure those with multiple accounts will end up with a couple of pieces still, even if hlj enforces the 1 piece per account rule. So at the day's end it's still an achievement scoring a few ozmas at a great 13300yen price.

Edited by CharlesXavier

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say most of the emails they've been getting are from people here. If we were to have kept quiet no one would have had any problems with multiple orders. This is just making things messier by the minute.

I would go back to holding the trunk, because this is near tin foil hat thinking.

Toys people, just toys.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say most of the emails they've been getting are from people here. If we were to have kept quiet no one would have had any problems with multiple orders. This is just making things messier by the minute.

Totally agree with you. Complaining about the multiples order and sent some mails will not make HLJ open a new Windows for those who missed the first time. Eventually new Windows for PO will appear.

They should be able to tell when people log in with multiple accounts based off their IP address.

It should be as simple as when a moderator on a forum does it.

Obviously if it's such a big issue that it's causing them so much consternation they should look into it and take some action. Creating multiple accounts should be a bannable offense as you're trying to circumvent rules.

Wait, are we celebrating people that scored multiple copies by hook or by crook and talking down on anyone who may feel "upset" (for lack of a better term) about it?

That's about as anti-community as it can get. I have multiple copies of a lot of Valkyries (the 25S NOT being one of them) but I never resorted to shady practices to get them and I certainly never said sour grapes to those that didn't have as many as I have/had.

And no, I haven't emailed HLJ or any other e-tailer, because why the hell would I, I didn't score any orders, LOL.

-b.

I think they don't care about the multiples order, cause they let people do it this time. The are worry cause, maybe, they can't fulfill all the PO they get. That cause they don't know the number of valk they will get from bandai. If Bandai send them 2.000 valk and they PO 2.500 they will start to cut some of the multiples order, if doing that they can't reach the target they will start to cut some of the last users to take a PO. In the other hand if they get from Bandai what they actually PO, HLJ will not cut anything from anybody, because they have already sell the whole batch. IMHO

This whole VF-25S reissue is really causing a fiasco. We are seeing the following scenarios

1. People happy to score multiple pieces

2. People happy that others scored multiple pieces

3. People unhappy that others are scoring multiple pieces

4. People unhappy that HLJ allowed others to buy more than 1 piece

5. People who scored multiple pieces at HLJ but have received emails to tell them to reduce their orders to 1, are either fine or upset

6. People who are happy HLJ is sending out those reduce your orders to 1 emails

7. And the list goes on.....

There is no way to please everyone unless Bandai floods and oversupplies the market with VF-25S to the extent that everyone and anyone can just pick 1 or a couple of pieces at retail prices without having to go through a mad rush.

This would be the perfect scenario except for scalpers and proftiters who none of us bother or care about unless we are one of them.

Toys should be made in abundance for everyone to own and enjoy them, so that we can all talk happily about our fun with them.

I really dislike the fact that toys which are meant to bring joy to us, has become something that gives us frustrations and anger.

But then again it is all in the mind. If you see a toy as just a toy and don't get too emotionally attached to it, it will not affect you negatively whether you get it or not.

Wait, are we celebrating people that scored multiple copies by hook or by crook and talking down on anyone who may feel "upset" (for lack of a better term) about it?

That's about as anti-community as it can get. I have multiple copies of a lot of Valkyries (the 25S NOT being one of them) but I never resorted to shady practices to get them and I certainly never said sour grapes to those that didn't have as many as I have/had.

And no, I haven't emailed HLJ or any other e-tailer, because why the hell would I, I didn't score any orders, LOL.

-b.

I don't see that. And I think I'm the only one who used 'sour grapes' in a post so far, so I'm not sure if you are calling me out for something that I didn't do... :unsure:

By hook or by crook? Give me a break. People are trying to find fault in coincidence.

I ordered one VF-25S from CDJapan and one VF-25S from HLJ to provide to a forum member in need. And that was my intent. End of story. I take offense to the accusation that fellow forum members who bought multiples are doing so on the sly. That is just as damaging to the community as the other scneario: buying stock to sell on Ebay at $400 a piece. But it seems to be growing in strength day by day.

The politics and infighting over multiple orders is peculiar and sad. But what the hell do I know? I've noticed that if you act the wrong way or say the wrong thing here you get branded quickly.

Heh, I'm used to it. ;)

Edited by technoblue

There is no way to please everyone unless Bandai floods and oversupplies the market with VF-25S to the extent that everyone and anyone can just pick 1 or a couple of pieces at retail prices without having to go through a mad rush.

But these are collector/toy item so

8. People will be mad that the toy they purchase will not appreciate in value.

I think they don't care about the multiples order, cause they let people do it this time. The are worry cause, maybe, they can't fulfill all the PO they get. That cause they don't know the number of valk they will get from bandai. If Bandai send them 2.000 valk and they PO 2.500 they will start to cut some of the multiples order, if doing that they can't reach the target they will start to cut some of the last users to take a PO. In the other hand if they get from Bandai what they actually PO, HLJ will not cut anything from anybody, because they have already sell the whole batch. IMHO

If I am a retailer, honestly I will be happy to fill up my pre-orders fast. It won't matter whether some customers are unhappy and threaten to cancel all orders or boycott my shop. Cos these few individuals will not make up a significant part of the total revenue.

And as long as I am able to procure a highly in demand product, the customers will come and fill up my orders.

This is why shops like Nippon Yasan continues to thrive and mark up the prices of popular items.

You can hate them all you want for inflating prices but some of you will still subcumb to them because they have what you want. You may curse and swear paying inflated prices to them but ultimately they achieve their goal of getting your business, whether it is 1 time off or not. Cos the next desperate person will come along as long as demand exceeds supply.

But these are collector/toy item so

8. People will be mad that the toy they purchase will not appreciate in value.

sadly the appreciation in value brings about the birth of scalpers and profitters. its a vicious cycle.

I don't see that. But since I'm the only one who used 'sour grapes' in a post so far, I guess you are calling me out for something that I didn't do.

By hook or by crook? Give me a break. People are trying to find fault in coincidence.

I ordered one VF-25S from CDJapan and one VF-25S from HLJ to provide to a forum member in need. And that was my intent. End of story. I take offense to the accusation that fellow forum members who bought multiples are doing so on the sly. That is just as damaging to the community as the other scneario: buying stock to sell on Ebay at $400 a piece.

The politics and infighting over multiple orders is peculiar and sad. But what the hell do I know? I've noticed that if you act the wrong way or say the wrong thing here you get branded quickly.

Heh, I'm used to it.

Relax guy, if I was calling you out I'd quote you. And I was asking a question because that's what it appeared to be happening when I saw mention of folks stating that there was use of multiple accounts on HLJ, not multiple vendors.

As I've said, I have multiple copies of a lot of items, but I never resorted to things that were OBVIOUSLY wrong like using multiple accounts at the same e-tailer with the explicit purpose of circumventing that e-tailer's rules.

If that's not you, then I wasn't referring to you.

-b.

This is why shops like Nippon Yasan continues to thrive and mark up the prices of popular items.

You can hate them all you want for inflating prices but some of you will still subcumb to them because they have what you want. You may curse and swear paying inflated prices to them but ultimately they achieve their goal of getting your business, whether it is 1 time off or not. Cos the next desperate person will come along as long as demand exceeds supply.

Supply really isn't greater than demand though. It's just like when nintendo would short games around christmas to drive up demand. It's artificial demand.

Most every Valk on NY is still in stock except the made to order ones, and at a cheaper price than the PO previously.

It's more about people learning the business cycles, and supporting companies that make spending their money easy. I used to have 1,000 bucks worth of PO's at NY, most of it non-macross, some of which are items that are still in stock to this day. After dealing with their poor customer service and inflexibility I cancelled it all. I haven't bought anything from them in close to a year.

I may be getting an Ozma from them if I can't find it elsewhere but we'll see.

I've mentioned before that I have no issue with them increasing the price for macross stock on rare PO's per say. That's also not really supply and demand driven, but they have to do it to buy out other peoples stock and make a profit. They are providing a service to us in that they aren't "one and done" and there is more stock to western shoppers. But they are also sitting on a lot more stock than any other shop. They have frontiers in stock now that they might not sell for a long time and sitting on stock is never good as their money is tied up.

More stock always comes and they charge less for it because the demand is usually met at that point, plus it's an artificial drive to get more money out of people as quick as possible. Short term small profits vs holding on to dead stock? Is that thriving?

Maybe you're right that other people will come along and fill that slot, but you can't keep a business afloat from inflated frontier preorders. Too small of a niche in the long run. NY isn't thriving, so much as taking business risks that may, or may not, pay off in the long run. It's also true that better business models always come along and new stores pop up to take advantage.

Their reputation will endure.

Edited by Gakken85

Relax guy, if I was calling you out I'd quote you. And I was asking a question because that's what it appeared to be happening when I saw mention of folks stating that there was use of multiple accounts on HLJ, not multiple vendors.

As I've said, I have multiple copies of a lot of items, but I never resorted to things that were OBVIOUSLY wrong like using multiple accounts at the same e-tailer with the explicit purpose of circumventing that e-tailer's rules.

If that's not you, then I wasn't referring to you.

-b.

Relaxing in progress. ^_^

We're cool. It wasn't you, kb. I'm just getting tired of the back and forth over this. :(

Relaxing in progress. ^_^

We're cool. It wasn't you, kb. I'm just getting tired of the back and forth over this. :(

It's all good technoblue! There were a few words of wisdom posted about keeping things (i.e. the availability of Bandai Macross Frontier DX Renewals) in proper perspective.

I'm gonna relax a bit too, time to take a break from my Bandai-rage. :lol:

-b.

@ Mr. March: I know, right? Thanks to Chronocidal, I can hopefully walk away from all this B.S. in November.

Tell Chronocidal I'll match the price you're paying him, plus I'll offer "favors". Tyrone Biggums will do anything for his fix! :)

Edited by Mr March

Toys should be made in abundance for everyone to own and enjoy them, so that we can all talk happily about our fun with them.

I really dislike the fact that toys which are meant to bring joy to us, has become something that gives us frustrations and anger.

I can't agree with that statement more! It's really too bad what Bandai has done to my feelings about this particular toy. I really hope to walk away from all this unpleasantness in November and not look back!

I also have a strict singles policy - I'll never keep them around for investments, I take them out to swoosh around as soon as they arrive! I paint, panel line, weather, decal, clear coat them as soon as I get time to my hearts content - I'm sure that will destroy any MSIB value they have.

It's a little sad to see some negative statements on our wonderful community. I have nothing but the highest praise for MacrossWorld members and they have helped me out numerous times in the past. I'm constantly surprised at the kindness and consideration strangers on this site have for each other. The 2nd VF-25S that technoblue got (his one and only from HLJ) was in fact for me - I got a message from him (a stranger to me previously) out of the blue on the morning it came out after I stayed up till 4am unsuccessfully and had to get up 2hrs later for a long 12hr day at work. I had such a bad long day and I came home to his surprise message... and it reaffirmed my sense in humanity. Of course now I hope HLJ has enough to go around.

Anyways, I thought I had a point... I just want to say I love this site (and its members)! Now I feel bad I haven't contributed much since my daughter was born - I will endeavor to rectify that soon.

I think the ozzy fever has just gotten to some people. I honestly didn't expect HLJ to serve more than 1 per customer as they had never done that to any PO cept for maybe the first Alto 25F in 2011 when the renewal line just started up.

I'm also the same as you WMC. I open and panel line almost every valk I own as toys are not an investment for me at all. That's what my investment accounts are for.

The problem I have with this, is there seems to be some hostility towards

Me because I emailed HLJ. Funny part is my email does nothing. Basically they aren't even getting enough

To support the orders they did get, so they limit everyone who bought more than one, so that everyone who ordered actually gets one.

That doesn't mean new people get one. So how is people emailing having any connection to the supply?

I'm sure others outside of MW have sent in emails.

Scalping isn't really about investing. It's about turning a quick profit for very little work haha. I don't care how you collect, or really even if you scalp. Buy 10 boxes and put them in your closet for all I care. If the site allows it....

My problem is that if they limited it to 1 and people got 4 through other means just for the hell of it. It's a little annoying.

But it's not the end of the world.

Edited by Gakken85

Might as well get the 25A super packs. Cheaper. All you need is yellow paint.

Anyways, I thought I had a point... I just want to say I love this site (and its members)! Now I feel bad I haven't contributed much since my daughter was born - I will endeavor to rectify that soon.

wm cheng's a new father to a baby girl too? Hi^5! though I'm about 4 months late to the party.

Eh, BBTS has the VF-25S supers in stock for 72$ still.