DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

I looked at my preorder status for my VF 171 EX on BigBadToyStore and it changed from saying preorder June 2012 to preorder 3rd quarter 2012. Has anyone else who ordered from BigBadToyStore get a similar message when they checked their account order status?

My usps guys are great. They've gotten to the point of leaving the package at my door without me signing.

Anyway, is this bird like an off-white? My 25f looks a lot brighter. It could be my lights too, but does anyone else notice this?

Yes, it is off-white:

post-12283-0-08054400-1341611451_thumb.jpg

I was wonder what the pre order price is for VF-171EX from NY?

It was around US$160.

Funny, but I'm betting if USPS left a package on one of your doorsteps and someone rolled up and stole it, you'd be pretty pissed. There's a reason they take it back to the office if no one is around to receive the package... now, if someone IS home and they don't even give the doorbell a ring to check, complain away. But as much as I don't enjoy going to the post office, I'd rather it be there than in some random thief's possession.

I live in the woods. They don't want to drive down the driveway. Fed ex or UPS has no problem though

Same here - got mine this morning - in regards to the wings. Mine had a slight tampo-defect, the worker obviously handled mine while it was still drying - so on the intake where there are 2 little triangles, there is a the same markings in finger-print stencil offset a few mm to the side. Also my valk's left intake joint to the thigh is so loose and jiggly - even when tightening the screw at the back.

Otherwise, sexy as valkyrie! I like it, a lot.

I have this same problem. The joint where the thigh meets the intake. These joints also extend for some reason.

I just realized that all the components are now in place to re-enact Ozma's famous, "I'm not a man" scene.

Not quite. Alto's 171EX didn't have the red markings in that scene. It had the regular grey and black markings instead.

I just realized that all the components are now in place to re-enact Ozma's famous, "I'm not a man" scene.

It's "I'm a man" scene. :p And both still need the armor pack.

I most say the box design of the DX renewal series is very nice - very consistent with the same mode on each side and look great no matter how you stack the box.

My usps guys are great. They've gotten to the point of leaving the package at my door without me signing.

If it's coming as an express you're supposed to sign.

USPS does that crap all the time. No wonder they're broke and can't compete with UPS et al.

Why, just this morning I was sitting around expecting my 171 from Hobby Search to arrive. I saw a mail truck sitting around in front of my house for awhile around 10:30am, but then he drove off. Had to leave for work so no idea if USPS is gonna screw me again and make me pick up my stuff from the post office on a Saturday morning, but that's probably what's going to happen.

I'm definitely filing a complaint if I find a goddamn "We Missed You!" slip when I get home.

Usps has till 12pm (domestic) or 3pm (international)* to attempt to deliver express mail. check to see if it's okay to have stuff sent to your job. Also the express driver is usually not the same as the mail carrier.

Yeah, well, when you're sitting there waiting for the doorball to ring and it never does but then you find a slip in your mailbox claiming they missed you it's pretty obvious they didn't even try and are being lazy. That's what we're all complaining about.

Ups has done the same thing to me.

@Erik Elvis

did you have a dog out?

*don't quote me on that

Oh I know who my carriers are. The guy who does express deliveries during the week is not the same as the lady who does my regular mail and always gets my SAL stuff to me. Express deliveries on the weekend are done by a different older gentleman who always knocks.

The dude who handles express during the week is the lazy jackass.

And yes I got *two* package slips in my mailbox today, both timestamped for 10:35 am, while I was home.

I just ordered one from Hobby search. With the above link.

The one I ordered yesterday from HLJ didn't go though. Probably because I choose the private warehouse option instead of the ship it now option. I think people who ask for ship it now option have priority or something. Screw that site.

Sorry to hear that. Worked for me with private warehouse. Their new site is having some regular issues though which is making it difficult. Hopefully they will get the kinks all sorted out soon. One thing that is confusing is that I paid for the VF-171 and then put the request to send and the email they sent me said that the shipping would be paid with my credit card on file (instead of asking for paypal payment) but I dont have a credit card on file. Hope they sort it out.

Oh I know who my carriers are. The guy who does express deliveries during the week is not the same as the lady who does my regular mail and always gets my SAL stuff to me. Express deliveries on the weekend are done by a different older gentleman who always knocks.

The dude who handles express during the week is the lazy jackass.

And yes I got *two* package slips in my mailbox today, both timestamped for 10:35 am, while I was home.

weekday guy may be the custodian sad to say.

....... One thing that is confusing is that I paid for the VF-171 and then put the request to send and the email they sent me said that the shipping would be paid with my credit card on file (instead of asking for paypal payment) but I dont have a credit card on file. Hope they sort it out.

I got that too, and I also don't have CC on file. You should get your shipping payment request soon.

Chris

I got that too, and I also don't have CC on file. You should get your shipping payment request soon.

Chris

Sweet! Thank you!

171q.jpg

This is such a gorgeous display of Shoji Kawamori's Genius of design, mechanical and aesthetic. It really makes me very happy to look at these two together.

Took some photo last night. Is it proper for me to post photos like this? I think it takes some time to load the page this way...

[pix]

Cool! Looks nice even without the hand cover. Is good for me 'cause I usually put these non-perfect TF parts in a bag somewhere and don't display them.

Sweet! Thank you!

This is such a gorgeous display of Shoji Kawamori's Genius of design, mechanical and aesthetic. It really makes me very happy to look at these two together.

They are so similar yet so different. I really like how the VF-171EX is materialized.

Great pics from Swoosh and ff95gj.

I would have had mine by Friday, but the fedex guy came earlier than the tracking showed so I didn't have a signature to leave out for them.

I think I'm going to borrow some gray "No Step" stickers from the VF-17's sticker sheet and add them to mine. They seem to have forgotten them on the toy, but at least they seem to have gotten everything else. Then again I might wait until I get the replacement wings that come with the armor set so I don't waste stickers.