DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Great idea Graham. I've got a couple of phrases to add:

"Tried to preorder a Bandai VF-171EX but all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!"

"If I had a Dollar for every "Order Stop" I ran up against I could afford to buy a VF-171EX off Ebay..."

:)

Edited by mechaninac

We should get some t-shirt shirts printed with "I survived the great Bandai VF-171EX preorder fiasco of 2012"

LOL!

Graham

And every SHFiguarts collectors will laugh at us because they must endure similar situation many times since long ago. Like, every release.

We should get some t-shirt shirts printed with "I survived the great Bandai VF-171EX preorder fiasco of 2012"

LOL!

Graham

Great idea Graham. I've got a couple of phrases to add:

"Tried to preorder a Bandai VF-171EX but all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!"

"If I had a Dollar for every "Order Stop" I ran up against I could afford to buy a VF-171EX off Ebay..."

:)

Love it! I'm in! :D

Chris

me lleva el demonio en unos dias me llega el VF-17D de yamato.

This is what google translate gave me:

the devil takes me a few days I get the yamato VF-17D

Regardless of translation, I think it's the wrong thread. :p

me lleva el demonio en unos dias me llega el VF-17D de yamato.

Me lleva el chanfle me parece que te equivocaste de modelo y de foro.

Regardless of translation, I think it's the wrong thread. :p

Not only that, I must've missed the preorders, I didn't know the 17D was already avilable! :wacko::p

I was rewatching the frontier frontier series,and i am kinda thinking to myself. Even though it's an EX valkyrie..

It's a must get cos throughout the whole tv series.. Its always there. The upgraded vf-171 valkyre.

Sorry guys i just got macross drunk.. :p

Edited by eyesonme78

It's off again. Given the short window, I do wonder if it's just people cancelling their pre-orders which triggers the re-opening rather than HLJ actually getting more stock allocation.

Can't imagine that's the case. That would indicate that those folks have either found another source at a cheaper price or that somehow demand has died down to the extent that enough of these became available for HLJ to re-open the preorder window.

-b.

Can't imagine that's the case. That would indicate that those folks have either found another source at a cheaper price or that somehow demand has died down to the extent that enough of these became available for HLJ to re-open the preorder window. -b.

I'm thinking more of people who ordered multiples and decided to reduce orders. Anyway, who knows really?

Bandai and HLJ know! :p

But yeah in all seriousness this whole thing is a bit of a fiasco (especially if you're one of the folks still searching for a preorder at a reasonable price) and really, who knows.

-b.

It's off again. Given the short window, I do wonder if it's just people cancelling their pre-orders which triggers the re-opening rather than HLJ actually getting more stock allocation.

I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Ah...it's nice to see that the tease continues...as it is, I refuse to "eBay-it" and I really would prefer to go with HLJ as I have had good dealings with them over the years...hopefully, I can catch one of these windows that seem to be popping up from time to time...

heh.....pure luck that I missed the vf-171 PO 'choc-fudge' window...now the money goes to 3A for their MGS Rex! Thank you Bandai.... -_-

LOL, I did the same thing you did as well. Any and all funds that might have gone for this VF-171EX were immediately redirected to the REX fund. A much better investment if I may say so myself -_-

LOL, I did the same thing you did as well. Any and all funds that might have gone for this VF-171EX were immediately redirected to the REX fund. A much better investment if I may say so myself -_-

What would put that REX over the top was if it could fit a GI Joe sized figure. I don't think it can.

Off Topic: Rex is 1/48, GI Joe figs won't fit. Hey Archer, the MGS Rex is gonna fit fine beside my 1/48 Armored Roy Focker VF-1S!

:p

Anyways, just hope that by the end of the year, there are still reasonably priced VF-171 to be found... :ph34r:

Even though I had to pass on the MG REX, I think I'll be happy with my VF-171EX. ^_^ (Actually; direct from threeA, Rex would have cost me as much as all the preorders I have going from now until august, and those I don't have to pay up front. :p )

I managed to get the pre-order in. As soon as I got the order, went back to the product page, and "order stop". It is quite possible that someone has either reduced or cancelled the order, as pointed out earlier

Well i think so myself, perhaps a couple of customer cancel their orders...

but contgrats for getting your preorders in Bluemax.

=)