1/60 VF-1 Accessory Parts from Yamato displayed at Wonder Fest

Graham

btw, does anybody know if the accessory-parts are gonna be offered separately?

highly unlikely and stupid to get another set of the DYRL Skull-team just to get them parts.

This has kinda been my feeling since the accessory parts were first announced... I love my 1/60's, but rebuying them for panels and seats? Meh... lol. However, I wouldn't put it pass some MW go-getter creating an "alternative" some day down the line. =)

Grr... they just had to release a DYRL CF now, didn't they?

Considering I never leave my valks in anything but fighter, the option parts don't really interest me that much, but getting a CF in in off-white with a DYRL head is tempting.

Call me when they re-release the VE-1 though. :) I'm up to 17 VF-1s, and I'm trying to draw the line at an even 20, so I've got 3 spots left, and one is going to an Elintseeker. The other two... who knows? But a DYRL CF would be nice, and I might try for a Virgin Road.. you know.. as long as I'm going bonkers and being a completionist about it.

Head and extra fixed pose hands are different between TV and DYRL versions. Paint job should be like this:

vf-1a-fastpack-brown-battroid-striped_small.gif

but we are probably not getting that. The hook is on all 1:60v2 VF-1, but unlike 1:48 you don't have to use it.

Edit: The 1:48 CF VF-1A was also missing the black strips, so Yamato is just sticking with their color scheme.

I'm not sure about that colored line art, but I'm more confident with the screen captured from the movie. It's been inconsistent, but one thing I do know is the green arrow on head, stabilizer, green skull egnima.

Kakizakideath3.jpg

Head and extra fixed pose hands are different between TV and DYRL versions. Paint job should be like this:

but we are probably not getting that. The hook is on all 1:60v2 VF-1, but unlike 1:48 you don't have to use it.

Edit: The 1:48 CF VF-1A was also missing the black strips, so Yamato is just sticking with their color scheme.

wow i have over 10 (13-14 maybe?) 1:60 V2 VF-1'sand don't remember seeing the hook. guess i haven't handled on in a while. lol.

Wish Yamato would have made the DYRL Cannon Fodder a slightly different shade of brown to separate it further from the SDFM one. Like the 1/48 cannon fodder perhaps.

Maybe the white on these CF 1A are off white like the rest of the Dyrl Valkyries?!

Been away for a while. Do these Optional Part rereleases come with all the same tampo printing as the earlier releases? Is the quality an improvement over the earlier releases?

Wish Yamato would have done the Strike version of the Hikaru VF-1S.

The VF-1A in that screengrab always seemed like a mistake to me. If you look at it closely, frame by frame, it is exactly a Kakizaki skull squadron scheme, only with parts colored with tan CF style. That's why it has the black stripes on the arms (and legs), the arrows on the head, and it even has the green and black chest pattern, as well as the matching squadron roundel on the FAST packs. All green/black. Maybe it was cut footage of Kakizaki from the beginning of the movie, and they decided to use it for the battle outside the window later (after Kakizaki was dead) and re-colored it to be a CF.

A better DYRL CF would be like one of the ones shown in the hangar, with red circles on the legs, and different squadron roundels for the FAST packs.

This offering from Yamato just looks like the same thing as the TV CF, but with the DYRL A head, maybe the DYRL gray instead of white, and I would assume DYRL pilot and fixed-posed hands.

I found one more difference on the "Photozoomer" deal on the Yamato site for the DYRL CF: the tails have ARMD 01 tampo printed instead of Prometheus. Confirmed DYRL pilot, too.

Edit: also noticed the feat aren't brownish like the TV CF.

Edited by danbickell

Wish Yamato would have made the DYRL Cannon Fodder a slightly different shade of brown to separate it further from the SDFM one. Like the 1/48 cannon fodder perhaps.

When zooming the VF-1A with the photozoomer you can clearly see that the head and the side covers are painted, not cast in brown. Yamato is using a TV CF with a painted DYRL? VF-1A head to match it. There's a chance we might see a different shade of brown for this release (if they're not sitting on TV VF-1A remaining stock).

Either way I'm buying at least three.

The VF-1A in that screengrab always seemed like a mistake to me. If you look at it closely, frame by frame, it is exactly a Kakizaki skull squadron scheme, only with parts colored with tan CF style. That's why it has the black stripes on the arms (and legs), the arrows on the head, and it even has the green and black chest pattern, as well as the matching squadron roundel on the FAST packs. All green/black. Maybe it was cut footage of Kakizaki from the beginning of the movie, and they decided to use it for the battle outside the window later (after Kakizaki was dead) and re-colored it to be a CF.

A better DYRL CF would be like one of the ones shown in the hangar, with red circles on the legs, and different squadron roundels for the FAST packs.

This offering from Yamato just looks like the same thing as the TV CF, but with the DYRL A head, maybe the DYRL gray instead of white, and I would assume DYRL pilot and fixed-posed hands.

I'm sorry, guys...I just don't see a DYRL CF in that screengrab. All I see is a shaded VF-1A Super "Kakizaki" Valkyrie...

Edited by Old Man

I'm sorry, guys...I just don't see a DYRL CF in that screengrab. All I see is a shaded VF-1A Super "Kakizaki" Valkyrie...

Exactly! Of course, that scene is near the end of the movie, after Kakizak (and his VF-1A) are no more. They colored parts tan, in the CF scheme, but that's all they did. Even in this screengrab (which is a bit washed out), you can see the tan on the arm and leg, but in other frames the tan is more obvious.

For some reasons, it seems like the Hikaru's VF-1S will have more tempo printing? Even the "No Steps" are all over the wings.....

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=2049

They did the same thing with the VF-1D w/ Option Parts, but I'm not sure that degree of tampo made it to the production version (mine is still waiting for me at the post office).

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=2006

Edited by Old Man

For some reasons, it seems like the Hikaru's VF-1S will have more tempo printing? Even the "No Steps" are all over the wings.....

http://www.yamato-to...il.php?gid=2049

Nah they just reused the photo from the original release:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1246

The reissued VF-1D promo photos also has "no step" marking on the wings. Do they have them painted on the actual product?

Exactly! Of course, that scene is near the end of the movie, after Kakizak (and his VF-1A) are no more. They colored parts tan, in the CF scheme, but that's all they did. Even in this screengrab (which is a bit washed out), you can see the tan on the arm and leg, but in other frames the tan is more obvious.

You're absolutely right. Sorry, in that particular screengrab it just looks like shading, but it's pretty apparent while watching the footage.

Edited by Old Man

@Mommar: Everything I needed to know, even if a bit disheartening. Much appreciated.

Was thinking the 30th VF-1S would be an interesting version to (finally) get, but in the abscence of any reasonable way to get fastpack or strike parts, mabe not.

Is it too late to ask? Like the Max VF-1S case, it's the fans who voiced out that the heat shield should be black instead of blue.

For the VF-1A CF, can we have that black stripe on the arms and painted shoulders as shown in the pic?

P.S. Is the above pic from an official source? Or it is just a Hikaru VF-1A version repainted by fans? Honestly I don't remember what it looks in the movie.

Edited by ff95gj

I wonder if they're going to release everything as their non-paint versions after each release? I might just do that and put on all the details myself.

As for schemes, I believe that there's a ton of them in the Macross Universe and to get so picky about the nitty gritty detail can get tedious. As long as they get most of it correct. I think the physical representations, like the differences in 1A TV vs. DYRL heads are more important. Everything else can be adjust ed with paint, stickers or decals.

That is a fan-colored image, not official, and it doesn't accurately match anything seen in the movie.

Here's another frame of that scene with the CF Kakizaki (from the gold book):

Kakizaki_CF.jpg

You can clearly see the black and green chest chevrons, black and green leg fins, black stripes on both the arms and the legs, and the green arrow on the head. Totally Kakizaki skull squadron, with the tan parts colored in. Personally, I don't think any of these features would make a good DYRL CF VF-1A.

Here we have proper DYRL CF valks:

DYRL_cannon_fodder.jpg

This is exactly what I would hope for. Same old CF scheme, but with some different details. The red leg circles and backpack dome seem to be common amongst these. They are already on the right track with ARMD 01 on the tails instead of Prometheus, and they should continue that with some numbers and other small markings as seen here, to differentiate it.

I would love to see a FAST pack set with different color (a dark neutral or bluish gray) and different squadron roundels and markings like shown here.

The more they can differentiate this release from the previous TV CF release, the better for everyone. More people will be interested and buy the more different it is, and if they can make it more different and more accurate to what is shown in DYRL, we all win.

I dunno about that. I'm perfectly happy with plain vanilla fighters. But in DYRL ALL of the Valks had them on more often then not.

To each his/her own, I guess, but it would be nice to get another HIKARU 1S so that I can keep the anniversary/flashlight issue in the box.

That is a fan-colored image, not official, and it doesn't accurately match anything seen in the movie. Here's another frame of that scene with the CF Kakizaki (from the gold book): You can clearly see the black and green chest chevrons, black and green leg fins, black stripes on both the arms and the legs, and the green arrow on the head. Totally Kakizaki skull squadron, with the tan parts colored in. Personally, I don't think any of these features would make a good DYRL CF VF-1A. Here we have proper DYRL CF valks: This is exactly what I would hope for. Same old CF scheme, but with some different details. The red leg circles and backpack dome seem to be common amongst these. They are already on the right track with ARMD 01 on the tails instead of Prometheus, and they should continue that with some numbers and other small markings as seen here, to differentiate it. I would love to see a FAST pack set with different color (a dark neutral or bluish gray) and different squadron roundels and markings like shown here. The more they can differentiate this release from the previous TV CF release, the better for everyone. More people will be interested and buy the more different it is, and if they can make it more different and more accurate to what is shown in DYRL, we all win.

you know what, I just spent couple minutes doing the screen capture. As you can see that the real screens in the movie are pretty inconsistent, but these CF 1A in the movie tend to associate with orange and green schemes.

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

Nice!

I was just looking at the movie again earlier as well, but I didn't take any screen grabs. The color does seem a bit inconsistent in those, though. Look at the hangar crew uniforms, changing from orange to yellow, matching the yellow on the missles, and then clearly orange. You can see the difference between red and orange in the rear angle of the FAST pack going on the leg, but in the side shot both the kite roundel and the leg circle appear the same shade or orange (and we know that the kite should be red). Is that the "HD remastered" copy? It looks like it, and the colors and contrast seem washed out compared to the prints in the gold book.

Yeah, I do like the red/orange and green and blue accents. A little bit of color helps make these otherwise drab color schemes pop. The 1/60 CF 1A that I have is one of the earlier ones (V2.0) with a pearl canopy, and a buddy of mine has the newer (V2.1) release without the pearl canopy, and we often comment on how just that little bit of color from the pearl canopy makes such a difference with this color scheme.

I would just like to see a few details be different for the paint scheme on a DYRL CF 1A release. Red leg circles, backpack dome, and the front or back portion of the leg fins would be great. A few tampo printed smaller markings like head arrows or numbers in matching colors would be awesome too.

Another nice thing they already have done to differentiate the TV CF 1J from the 1A was that they printed the UN SPACY on the legs and Prometheus on the tails in black instead of white, in addition to using a different shade of brown.

That is a fan-colored image, not official, and it doesn't accurately match anything seen in the movie.

Here's another frame of that scene with the CF Kakizaki (from the gold book):

You can clearly see the black and green chest chevrons, black and green leg fins, black stripes on both the arms and the legs, and the green arrow on the head. Totally Kakizaki skull squadron, with the tan parts colored in. Personally, I don't think any of these features would make a good DYRL CF VF-1A.

It's not even that it's tan colored. it's just white and they used an odd color to do the shading.

It's not even that it's tan colored. it's just white and they used an odd color to do the shading.

I think it is tan, and it isn't just shading. You can clearly see, from all the angles in all the frames, that they only colored the parts that are tan in the CF scheme. The forearms have the tan color, but the hands and the upper arms and shoulders are white. The chest is tan, but the nose cone is white. The sides of the legs are tan, but the rest is white. All the white parts that are shaded/in shadow are a dark gray that doesn't match the tan parts. Likewise, they used darker tan for the shaded tan parts as well. Loook at the inside shadowed portion of the left leg. Compare the right arm to the shadowed left arm.

Kakizaki_CF.jpg

I think they simply tried to color Kakizaki to make it look like a CF, and apparently it worked well enough. You don't see any of these skull squadron markings on the CFs seen in the hangar scene, save for the one shot with the green and black leg fin.

The reissued VF-1D promo photos also has "no step" marking on the wings. Do they have them painted on the actual product?

No it doesn't, I'm a bit disappointed, I thought they'd do more for the 30th anniversary but I guess that it was also clearly stated that the pictures would not reflect the final product...

I'm still glad I got it though but it will be my last VF-1... unless a re-release of Max&Miria or Elintseeker happens :rolleyes:

I told myself I was done, but if they do bring back the VE-1, and maybe the VIrgin Road, I'll probably have to get both. I don't think M&M nostalgia is nearly as strong in Japan as it is here sadly.

I think I will be grabbing a DYRL CF though, since I only bought one TV version to begin with. I just hope I can get one more set of packs for it.

All quips about the particular choice of parts color and such aside, I'm just really thrilled to see that they're still willing to address the fans' desire for unpainted kit versions. Now, I just really, really, REALLY hope this trend will continue into the VF-19 line, because I want a custom VF-19F like nothing else.

I do really wonder about the colors though. I mean, good luck painting over that orange. <_<

On the other hand, I might actually get one of these to make into an old fashioned test aircraft, all orange and white. The only parts of this that shouldn't be swappable with the regular VF-1A/J/S kits are the nose section, chest plate, and part of the backplate, all of which should be easy to paint white, since they're not anything that gets a lot of wear and tear during transformation.

On the other other hand.. we could all be worried about nothing, and the kit will be all molded in white anyway. ^_^ They could have just slapped together the pieces for a stock TV VF-1D for the promo pic.

However it is, I might grab a couple of these if they show up on HLJ. Seems this one might be a more limited release, but wasn't the original kit version supposed to be "limited" as well? And they keep making new versions of those, it seems.

I would love a spare 1D head though.. I'm getting ideas for a custom combat capability upgrade for the VT-1. :D

Yeah I would also like an unpainted VF-19S and F Blazer to customize

I'm not sure about that colored line art, but I'm more confident with the screen captured from the movie. It's been inconsistent, but one thing I do know is the green arrow on head, stabilizer, green skull egnima.

Kakizakideath3.jpg

I rememberd asking about that screen cap way back when Yamato announced they were releasing a 1/48 cannon fodder VF-1A that had the DYRL head instead of TV head, but had the TV pilot. Wanted to do a custom based on that screen shot, even got the DYRL Fast Packs for it but never got around to doing it.