1/60 VF-1 Accessory Parts from Yamato displayed at Wonder Fest

Graham

Just got my 1D, and I am totally happy with this thing. The awesome tampo, sturdy design. I really like the side covers, seats, and neck pieces. Got it with my Figurarts Sheryl Nome. OK, no more buying for awhile.

My 1D won't be here until at least next week.

Something I just considered. In the Max/Milia thread we discussed that DYRL is just more popular in Japan... then why reissue the 1D from SDFM and not the 1T for DYRL? And issue an unpainted 1D on top of that?

Edited by Mommar

Just got word from HLJ, and unfortunately they got a much smaller initial shipment then they thought they would. I pre-ordered on the 23 of march, and they said they will let me know when they get more to satisfy all their pre-orders. This SUCKS. :( So I did not recieve any email, I had to email them and ask. If you haven't gotten an email from them about your pre-order, they can't fill it yet. Way to bandai it yamato.

that sucks @$$. I pre-ordered mine the same day it went up. something like this always happens when i pre order

that sucks @$$. I pre-ordered mine the same day it went up. something like this always happens when i pre order

They are still for sale at ishop2go.com if you're looking for one.

Never bought an original series valk before...how do they work in terms of fastpacks (either TV or strike version)? Will fastpack accessories be sold separately for them later and/or are they compatible with older existing ones? Or is it a case of if it doesn't come with any, it isn't supported/can't be bought separately?

Never bought an original series valk before...how do they work in terms of fastpacks (either TV or strike version)? Will fastpack accessories be sold separately for them later and/or are they compatible with older existing ones? Or is it a case of if it doesn't come with any, it isn't supported/can't be bought separately?

At this point in time you either pay through the nose for a separate set (and you will likely only find the DYRL style with the Strike packs) or get lucky and find a Valk that comes with them. Fast Pack's are not easy to find on their own anymore which I find odd as it seems more and more people are searching for them. I know my need/want has grown as my collection has but they're harder and harder to find. On the plus side they're all interchangeable and work regardless if your Valk is SDFM or DYRL. If you really felt like it you could have one pack be colored like SDFM and one like DYRL is you really felt like it.

Also, my 1D showed up from ishop2go yesterday. It took them a little while to ship but everything turned out alright. Also, I've discovered cutting up decals with an Xacto knife is a pain in the ass. The side panels look cool though I noticed on the left side of the valk the panel sits flush with the chest plate but on the right side it's a little off and leaves a gap. From any other angle I cannot tell if the chest plate is slightly crooked but I will say that left side looks good with the panels sitting perfectly flush.

Edited by Mommar

My VF-1D gets in today from Ishop2go and I'm out of town for another week and change. This makes me weep. I agree with Mommar though, it did take what seems like forever to get here. Or maybe I've been fiending over it to much and it seemed longer than it actually was.

Edited by Benson13

It probably had something to do with the fact that it didn't ship until the same day other people's 1D's were arriving at their homes. Once it was shipped it only took a week. Shipped Last Thursday, got here yesterday.

Personally I think that's total crap. Anytime you have something that people pre-order it should be shipped out on the day of release. It's just good business and it'll bring back customers.

I suppose I would think that too if it weren't for the fact this is #14 VF-1 for me. I was perfectly content to wait for this one to finally arrive. I may not feel the same way about the 171 I have pre-ordered with them though.

I was literally the first person to preorder from HLJ. I got my payment request, but no shipping notification yet...

Don't know if this will help out, but I have my paypal setup to where when my preorders come in, HLJ takes the payment out, and I'm good to go. I used to have them send me the payment requests, but I had a harder time paying for items like that. I think these go out in order of payment, so if you set up auto payment with them, chances of getting your stuff probably increases.

Sooo when are they going to release super packs??

I was wondering that same thing. Why bother with a DYRL 1S Hikaru or Roy if you're not going to have super packs for them?

Shouldn't the CF have black shoulders as well? Anyway one step closer to a VT-1 rerelease

I believe the CF should also have black stripes down the forearms too.

Oh, that's the other thing. These rereleases have the improved crotches too. My 1S max is crying out for an improved crotch so he can be more stable in Battroid with the strike packs on. That being said... I'm not buying another one.

Edited by Mommar

Why bother with a DYRL 1S Hikaru or Roy if you're not going to have super packs for them?

That being said... I'm not buying another one.

Amen to that. A VF-1 w/ no fast packs on just doesn't look right to me anymore.

Wait whats the difference with the DYRL CF vs. TV? is the head slightly different? Is that the only difference? Also do i see a backpack hook on teh Vf-1S hikaru (ala a 1/48 design?).

Head and extra fixed pose hands are different between TV and DYRL versions. Paint job should be like this:

vf-1a-fastpack-brown-battroid-striped_small.gif

but we are probably not getting that. The hook is on all 1:60v2 VF-1, but unlike 1:48 you don't have to use it.

Edit: The 1:48 CF VF-1A was also missing the black strips, so Yamato is just sticking with their color scheme.

Edited by CF18

Yes! More reissues. Although I really need the rest of the DYRL VF-1A's with super packs as others have said above. That was the main reason why I held off on the HLJ sale even though they are at discounts. That and the broken shoulder issue. I'm not gonna buy Shapeways for 3 more valks especially if they are going to reissue more VF-1As and fastpacks.

most likely gonna get the DYRL-CF when price becomes reasonable. don't really need the accessory-parts for it, tho.

however, definitely getting another Hikky-1S.

FP's are damn required!

btw, does anybody know if the accessory-parts are gonna be offered separately?

highly unlikely and stupid to get another set of the DYRL Skull-team just to get them parts.