1/60 VF-1 Accessory Parts from Yamato displayed at Wonder Fest

Graham

I understand the DYRL VF-1s Hikaru, but I still find it slightly amusing/rediculous that the next reissue Yamato chooses right after the TV Vf-1s is the DYRL VF-1s skull version. *sigh* I'm looking forward to the slightly more difficult to obtain versions (Elint, Ostrich, Max/Milia, etc.) being reissued as well.

The fact that DYRL is getting reissue love makes me hopeful though...

I understand the DYRL VF-1s Hikaru, but I still find it slightly amusing/rediculous that the next reissue Yamato chooses right after the TV Vf-1s is the DYRL VF-1s skull version. *sigh* I'm looking forward to the slightly more difficult to obtain versions (Elint, Ostrich, Max/Milia, etc.) being reissued as well.

The fact that DYRL is getting reissue love makes me hopeful though...

If they announce another Elint, Max/Milia, I'm going to drop these orders in a heartbeat. If that happens, there better be Fast Packs with those, too.

If they announce another Elint, Max/Milia, I'm going to drop these orders in a heartbeat. If that happens, there better be Fast Packs with those, too.

You and me both man! Actually, most of macrossworld will be a part of that pre-order boat no doubt. More than anything, I'm looking forward to a reissued ostrich :)

I've hit the point where I just want the VE-1 to be a completionist, but I would enjoy getting one anyway, if only for the fun of mixing and matching fast pack pieces (assuming you even can).

But eh, I do like the DYRL CF version. Let's see if anything else comes out around July that I can bundle with it. ^_^ I wouldn't be surprised if they release another run of the strike packs, given the DYRL re-releases.

Awesome, I just wish it came with the super parts.

Same here. Wonder why YAMATO's taking it's good time to come out with the FP's, I mean, they're not gonna be that much different from the ones that came out with the first issue V.2 valks, right? :huh:

I guess it makes sense to re-release both Roy and Hikaru's Valks as they pretty much always sell out. The VF1-A Cannon Fodder though... that's always on sale at HLJ. It's like they can't get rid of those things. Why re-release more? And why would HLJ agree to sell them? Unless at this point making the VF-1's is so cheap for Yamato that buying them and letting them sit on shelves and sell for $40 is actually making HLJ money now. And why not pack all of the DYRL Valks with the Fast packs? Unless they've totally given up on making them, which would make sense considering we really can't buy them individually from anywhere anymore.

VF-1S in Roy or Hikaru paint scheme is always the best bet, it kinda surprise me that Yamato will issue the movie VF-1A. The CF 1A is always a shelf-warmer I guess, but I love the color scheme with movie head.

I believe Yamato will stick with the shade of brown, which I like, since they painted the head to match with previous tv 1A. All I hope is they make it off white just like the rest of the line in dryl to differentiate it from TV version.

I wish they would reissue the super/strike parts. The only set I've got here is on my VF-1A Max and I've already stickered the blue skull logo. If I do get that 1S Hikaru I still have to wait ages for a chance to get the super/strike parts.

It's too much to ask, but I wish those skull logos aren't stickers but some sort of plastic chips that you can interchange so I can easily put them in other Valks for a quick photo. Just kidding.

You know what..

That's really not a bad idea. I wish Yamato had done that to begin with, just included 4 sets of tampo'd plastic circles to stick into the packs, and let you skip the stickers entirely. Now I'm wondering if you could actually modify a set of fast packs, cut out those circles, and make them swappable pieces.

I honestly have never used any stickers on any valk, I just don't like the look, and don't like them eventually peeling. My fast packs are all bare because of this though. If I did use the stickers though, I'd most likely use the black skull marking on all of them, since it'll match any DYRL valk.

Sigh, it's agonizing because I do want a VF-1S Hikaru, but I also want fastpacks. If the VF-1S doesn't come with fastpacks, I can't justify the purchase same as PUD333. Honestly I just want to complete my skull squadron. Yamato, if you're listening, please reissue the rest of the 1A's with superpacks. PLEASE

I'm also wondering if the need for Super Parts is relegated to those of us on this message board. It does seem like, if anything, anybody who wants a DYRL Valk also wants the Super Parts though. Other then for Max and Milia's 1J's I'm not sure there's as big a push for TV versions.

The only two who'd really need the TV packs are the Hikaru 1J (which isn't even canon, but everyone seems to love) and the TV Roy, which was released in a super pack bundle not too long ago. M&Ms come with their own, and I don't remember seeing any one else really used the packs in the series (maybe an odd CF). They just didn't play that big a role. It's not like the situation with the 1/48s, where the only place you could get standard TV packs was with the Hikaru 1J bundle.

With DYRL though, everyone used them, and I think that there's been at least one strike pack bundle released for every character, and some got multiples. First few releases included a Roy and Hikaru 1A bundle, then we got the anniversary bundles for the Roy and Hikaru 1S. Then in the past year or so, we got the updated Max and Kakizaki 1A bundles. The only one I don't think got a bundle was Max's 1S, but in the short time you see that particular plane, he didn't use packs anyway.

Might be kind of excessive, but would Yamato start bundling in the option parts with the packs? Would be overkill for the new valks, but I know some people would appreciate the spares for their old ones. I don't know how they're packaged with the current re-releases though, so if they're just in a small bag in the bottom of the box, they probably wouldn't bother to change the packaging.

The only two who'd really need the TV packs are the Hikaru 1J (which isn't even canon, but everyone seems to love) and the TV Roy, which was released in a super pack bundle not too long ago. M&Ms come with their own, and I don't remember seeing any one else really used the packs in the series (maybe an odd CF). They just didn't play that big a role. It's not like the situation with the 1/48s, where the only place you could get standard TV packs was with the Hikaru 1J bundle.

With DYRL though, everyone used them, and I think that there's been at least one strike pack bundle released for every character, and some got multiples. First few releases included a Roy and Hikaru 1A bundle, then we got the anniversary bundles for the Roy and Hikaru 1S. Then in the past year or so, we got the updated Max and Kakizaki 1A bundles. The only one I don't think got a bundle was Max's 1S, but in the short time you see that particular plane, he didn't use packs anyway.

Might be kind of excessive, but would Yamato start bundling in the option parts with the packs? Would be overkill for the new valks, but I know some people would appreciate the spares for their old ones. I don't know how they're packaged with the current re-releases though, so if they're just in a small bag in the bottom of the box, they probably wouldn't bother to change the packaging.

Small bag in the bottom of the box.

I don't see why it would be a problem for YAMATO to bundle up the option parts w/ the packs and it doesn't matter to me if the packs came in a small bag or the usual plastic tray. The only thing that confuses me right now is why would they opt to release the valks as stand alone when we all know that folks would wanna get their respective FP's.

Yeah, especially in the CF's case. Though, those pics of the CFs in DYRL earlier do make me wonder if Yamato might be reworking the sticker sheets. If they're going through the trouble to release a DYRL CF, they might be coming up with an expanded set of markings for a new strike pack set.

I mean, personally I've got plenty of Jolly Roger markings, but I'd love to see some other squadron patches on there. I know one of the VF-0s came with VF-1 Wolfpack markings, and the VF-19 releases are coming with NUNS patches, so it's not like Yamato hasn't done non-canon stickers before. The half-Kakizaki one looked like it had green markings, and the one in the hangar had what looks like a double green arrow on the pack.

I'd just love some other insignias to stick on there.. even if I probably wouldn't use them myself. :p

I do have a hunch that they would at least reissue the super/strike parts. Like you guys said, almost every Valk in DYRL was seen having them and it would be unreasonable for Yamato not to re-release them. They should already know by now that a majority of collectors prefer having the super/strike parts. Others can just keep or re-sell theirs if ever they find themselves having too many.

not a bad color i guess. would have to wait until i saw the actual green they picked.

i really really want to see some more non cannon stealth, or low viz type schemes (like the old 1/48s or something brand new in that vein), maybe even a digital camo scheme would be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

fwiw,

got my email-notification from hlj yesterday that my Roy-TV with option-parts has shipped.

:D

So has mine 18hours ago. At this rate, I'll have it before my VF-1D :p

Some of the members keep complaining about the heads on these V2 are sitting on wrong position with collar, but I'm surprised that nobody has ever complained about the option parts with the seat is sitting on the wrong position.... :lol: